Bold prediction: the race will come down between Donald Trump and Chris Christie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:13:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Bold prediction: the race will come down between Donald Trump and Chris Christie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bold prediction: the race will come down between Donald Trump and Chris Christie  (Read 596 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2023, 05:05:06 AM »

The reason why I believe this is because Christie is surging in New Hampshire and he’s the only one that’s actually attacking Trump. If DeSantis had been attacking Trump the way Christie has on policy issues such as Healthcare and his failures as president, he wouldn’t be doing as badly as he is now.

That’s the sad reality that the race will be between two RINOs.

Ultimately I think Trump will win the nomination unless he’s forced out of the race in May due to legal issues in which case I think Chris Christie will easily win the nomination at a contested convention since he’s an establishment favorite and he’ll most likely be the runner up at that point in terms of both delegates and the popular vote.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 10:34:41 AM »

The reason why I believe this is because Christie is surging in New Hampshire and he’s the only one that’s actually attacking Trump. If DeSantis had been attacking Trump the way Christie has on policy issues such as Healthcare and his failures as president, he wouldn’t be doing as badly as he is now.

Ultimately I think Trump will win the nomination unless he’s forced out of the race in May due to legal issues in which case I think Chris Christie will easily win the nomination at a contested convention since he’s an establishment favorite and he’ll most likely be the runner up at that point in terms of both delegates and the popular vote.
BOLDED FOR EMPHASIS.

Trump started attacking right after DeSantis won for a good reason.  He's a bitter impotent little man who needs constant validation.  By not attacking him DeSantis fed into this narcissistic trait of Trumps, thereby allowing Trump to portray himself as STILL the leader of the Republican Party and encouraging hardcore staunch Republican MAGA supporters to NEVER RETREAT AND NEVER SURRENDER on the 2020 election being stolen even after a failed governmental coup AND arguably the most disappointing and underwhelming congressional election midterm results in history.  Anyone with a brain, anyone rational, would have taken a hint and go full throttle on Trump, they would have started naming all the names of every single MAGA endorsed candidates that went down in defeat (there were MANY).  But no he didn't do that.
Instead he stood to the side, tried to be "the better man" while Trump did everything to him except have sex with his wife.  So no I don't buy the BULLSH*T argument that Trump is unstoppable, unbeatable, and undeniable for the GOP nomination.  The man LIED TO HIS LAWYER, the evidence doesn't look good, and chances are we might be STILL talking about this trial THIS TIME NEXT YEAR with the way things are going (or he'll die).  He's a UNIQUELY VULNERABLE SPOT HE REALLY HASN'T BEEN BEFORE, especially on the dawn of a presidential election.

In addition to all of that, there really is no candidate better suited at the moment to take Trump down as Chris Christie.  Yeah the guy is a corrupt politician but he has a knack for laying the ungodly smackdown on other Republicans who play politics.  He also has a much more casual style of debunking MAGA sorts than others:

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 08:57:54 PM »

Great for Trump then, because Christie is the least popular candidate in the field and 73% of primary voters already ruled out voting for him.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 09:09:19 PM »

Great for Trump then, because Christie is the least popular candidate in the field and 73% of primary voters already ruled out voting for him.

Chris Christie's political career is DONE.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 09:50:14 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2023, 09:56:36 PM by TodayJunior »

He'd be better than the others and I wouldn't be necessarily opposed to Chris Christie, but c'mon...the bar is low, and this has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.
Meatball Slayer
NeverDeSantis
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 02:46:23 PM »

Trump isn’t a RINO. Put the crack pipe down.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 09:26:33 PM »

If Christie gets second place, then Trump is probably getting over 70% in every state.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 10:39:44 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: