Duluth MN Mayor election.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Duluth MN Mayor election.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Duluth MN Mayor election.  (Read 568 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2023, 09:35:58 PM »
« edited: November 08, 2023, 01:08:58 PM by Minnesota Mike »

Not a lot of suspense about who would advance to the November election in the top two non partisan primary, Current mayor Emily Larson(D) and former state senator Roger J Reinert(D) crushed three some dudes to advance, but surprising to me at least was Reinert beating the current mayor Larsen by 28 points. Larson had the DFL endorsement and Reinert ran somewhat to her right. Very light turnout without much at stake but still surprising to me.

https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/results/Index?ErsElectionId=156&scenario=LocalMunicipality&FipsCode=17000&show=Go
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 10:40:16 PM »

More info on the race.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/local/reinert-takes-early-lead-over-larson-in-duluth-mayoral-primary
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 11:53:29 PM »

Yikes. Pretty low turnout and everyone knew who was advancing, but that's still grim for Larson, even with the expected turnout surge in November.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 09:46:59 AM »

What I'm reading is that locals are upset at Larson because despite her running as a progressive she really hasn't accomplished much in her 8 years and has had a pretty lousy track record recently with a hyped botched housing development wasting tons of money, and doing little about rising crime and homelessness and an increase in homeless encampments.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 04:56:09 PM »

What I'm reading is that locals are upset at Larson because despite her running as a progressive she really hasn't accomplished much in her 8 years and has had a pretty lousy track record recently with a hyped botched housing development wasting tons of money, and doing little about rising crime and homelessness and an increase in homeless encampments.
Honestly seems fair from my observations there. Duluth definitely feels like its had a big increase in homeless and there seems to be very little revitalization efforts in areas immediately outside of downtown[the west end redevelopment of the so called Lincoln Park neighborhood is an exception.]
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 09:11:46 PM »

Honestly seems fair from my observations there. Duluth definitely feels like its had a big increase in homeless and there seems to be very little revitalization efforts in areas immediately outside of downtown[the west end redevelopment of the so called Lincoln Park neighborhood is an exception.]

Oddly, according to the article linked above reinert swept the west side
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 12:40:43 PM »

Oddly, according to the article linked above reinert swept the west side
Not really odd its mostly older residential neighborhoods over there. The redevelopment im talking about mostly focused on old warehouses area that was rather sketchy in the past and now is a hip area full of craft breweries. There is a complete rebuilding of a freeway overpasses going on in the same area, so I'm not sure its residentially desirable for the hip crowd just yet with the constant sound of jackhammers.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 01:09:15 PM »

Update:

Nonpartisan   Emily Larson   11,716   39.99%   
Nonpartisan   Roger J Reinert   17,518   59.80%

https://electionresults.sos.mn.gov/results/Index?ErsElectionId=157&scenario=LocalMunicipality&FipsCode=17000&show=Go
omar04

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 01:36:37 PM »

Larson conceded.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies