Fred Thompson in remission for lymphoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Fred Thompson in remission for lymphoma
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fred Thompson in remission for lymphoma  (Read 472 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:53:52 AM »

"Former Senator Fred Thompson in Remission for Lymphoma"

Former Tennessee Republican Sen. Fred Thompson says he's in remission from lymphoma.

Thompson, who is considering a run for the White House in 2008, says the illness is treatable.

"I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms. My life expectancy should not be affected. I am in remission, and it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future—and with no debilitating side effects," Thompson said.

Thompson, a "Law and Order" actor, was diagnosed with indolent lymphoma about two and a half years ago after a routine physical.

Thompson recently told FOX News he was considering making a bid for president.

"I'm going to wait and see what happens," Thompson said. "I want to see my colleagues on the campaign trial, what they say, what they emphasize, whether they can carry the ball next November."

Thompson, 64, who plays district attorney Arthur Branch on NBC's drama, said he was pondering a run after former Senate Majority Leader Howard Baker and other Tennessee Republicans began drumming up support for his possible Republican candidacy, citing his conservative credentials.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies