2023 Nashville Mayor: Rolli vs O'Connell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2023 Nashville Mayor: Rolli vs O'Connell
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023 Nashville Mayor: Rolli vs O'Connell  (Read 882 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2023, 09:52:48 PM »

In tonight's multi-candidate blanket primary, the most progressive candidate and the only Republican candidate have advanced to a runoff in the non-partisan race.

Freddie O'Connell, a staunch progressive who got 27% of the vote is definitely the favorite in blue-leaning Nashville.

But, I definitely expect Alice Rolli to expand upon her 20%, as many conservatives strategically voted for moderates like Matt Wiltshire, thinking that they would have a better chance to beat O'Connell.  And, Alice Rolli is more like David Fox (a 2015 candidate who got 45% in the runoff) than Carol Swain (a vocal right-wing activist who ran a couple times for mayor).

But, Nashville is more blue than in 2015.  Still, I think Rolli does better than Trump, especially against the most progressive candidate.

59-41% O'Connell is my runoff prediction.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 09:54:58 PM »

I have a feeling it might be competitive, this is definitely a race to watch out for.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 11:05:05 AM »

We have a poll from Show Me Victories.

https://www.showmevictories.com/news/freddie-oconnell-leads-alice-rolli-by-double-digits-in-the-race-for-nashville-mayor/

Show Me Victories, a full-service political consulting company based in St. Louis, MO, conducted a survey of 430 registered voters in Davidson County who are likely to vote in the September 14 Metro Nashville Mayoral runoff election. The results showed Freddie O’Connell with support of 58% of Nashville voters and Alice Rolli with 40%, with 2% undecided. Of the 2% of undecided voters, 91% of them are leaning toward voting for O’Connell.

“O’Connell is the clear front runner in the race for Nashville Mayor,” stated Show Me Victories Senior Political Strategist, Braxton Payne. “83% of O’Connell voters strongly support his candidacy and 91% of undecided of voters pick O’Connell as their first choice.” O’Connell’s positive campaign has resonated with Nashville voters.

A vast majority of Nashville voters think Nashville is heading in the wrong direction. 66% of Nashville voters view Nashville as heading in the wrong direction, while 34% say Nashville is heading in the right direction. Only 34% of voters approve of Mayor John Cooper’s job performance, while 49% disapprove.

This one's basically over. It looks like the only question might be, how much does O'Connell win by?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 08:05:54 PM »

Why these remain on Thursday is a mystery. Anyway, O'Connell's up by a lot right now but only a handful of precincts and mostly absentees and early reporting.

https://www.nashville.gov/departments/elections/election-results-and-statistics/election-results/current-election
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 08:55:37 PM »

All precincts reporting, Progressive Dem O'Connell defeats Republican Alice Rolli.

Was not close. 61,840 votes to 34,384, or 64.2% to 35.7% with 0.1% for Write-ins. That's basically matching Biden, albeit Thursday turnout is not equivalent to November.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 09:55:49 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 10:48:27 PM »

If O'Connell doesn't restart the rail plan previously put on an initiative, I will never support him for anything he does.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 07:09:39 AM »

Matt Walsh must be seething over his new councilwoman.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 11:37:40 AM »

It looks very much like a standard partisan map in Nashville, with Rolli winning parts of the favored quarter bordering Williamson County, areas along Old Hickory Lake, and extremely rural areas.

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2023, 09:15:46 PM »

Matt Walsh must be seething over his new councilwoman.

What'll make it even better is if she's elected to Congress should Nashville get a Democratic district again after 2030
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2023, 03:03:04 PM »

I'm going to bump this thread - cause it's the most relevant one available - to mention tonight is the Memphis Mayoral contest. This is the largest city in the county that uses a single-round format with everyone on the ballot, and the plurality FPTP. The city has tried to change their former system a few times, but ended stuck in this limbo cause the Legislature blocked the proposed reforms.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2023, 09:36:52 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2023, 11:00:13 PM by Oryxslayer »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2023, 08:52:33 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: