This video will make your day: Sikh immigrant shop owners teach thief a painful lesson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  This video will make your day: Sikh immigrant shop owners teach thief a painful lesson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: This video will make your day: Sikh immigrant shop owners teach thief a painful lesson  (Read 3190 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 12:22:48 PM »

Very badass. The Sikhs in that video are American heroes.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 12:44:26 PM »

You love to see it, only way to deal with criminals.
With you in spirit
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 12:55:57 PM »

bro sounded like a Dave Chappelle character when he started getting his ass beat 😂😭
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 03:50:25 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 04:04:16 PM »

If I saw some [censored] attempting to beat someone to death, I would not idly stand by and videotape it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 04:10:45 PM »

If I saw some [censored] attempting to beat someone to death, I would not idly stand by and videotape it.

I'm wondering if this was staged. If you pay attention the guy was hitting the floor much of the time and he clearly was hitting the "robber's" shoes. It could be real, but it seems a little sketch.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 04:50:52 PM »

Before Santander’s comment, a frankly quite disturbing set of reactions in this thread to an act which clearly went beyond mere self-defence and arguably bordered on sadistic revenge (notwithstanding the possibility that DrScholl points out).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 05:58:18 PM »

A couple of times, the perpetrator pulls out something from his pocket. At first I thought it was a gun, but it looks more like a knife or shank. He showed intention to use it, to harm others.

The thought of the store owners was to probably subdue him to a point that he could not easily use his functions, to get and use whatever weapon he had, in order to protect themselves and the people around them.
He is alive, not dead. Slightly injured with moderate level bruising from the thrashing. What did you want to see ... a shotgun blast to his chest with a hole the size of a melon?
He should feel lucky to be alive, for someone who is displaying a weapon.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 06:29:54 PM »

Before Santander’s comment, a frankly quite disturbing set of reactions in this thread to an act which clearly went beyond mere self-defence and arguably bordered on sadistic revenge (notwithstanding the possibility that DrScholl points out).
eff that dude.  He made his sandwich, he deserves to eat it.  It's super easy to not get your ass beat by a shop keeper.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 08:13:17 PM »

...... arguably bordered on sadistic revenge .....

Yes. Agreed. The only reason to watch these videos.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 09:17:49 PM »

How is it sadistic to protect your own livelihood? These Sikhs immigrated with nothing and they aren’t going to let some psycho destroy their business. Your indifference to what the Sikhs in that video saw with some guy openly destroying their livelihood tells a lot. I am sure that you, someone who lives in a affluent suburb of London and doesn’t presumably know many people who own businesses like this.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2023, 10:23:17 PM »

Yay! I wish he was more badly injured.

Does this annoy some of atlas users? They probably wanted the thug to walk free.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2023, 10:42:06 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2023, 10:46:32 PM by Doug Burgum Sugar Baby »

Does this annoy some of atlas users? They probably wanted the thug to walk free.

As we all know, the only two options are beating someone to death and letting them go unimpeded.

He stole and threatened and was rightly subdued. He got what he deserved from the shopkeeps. No need to go further just to satisfy your bloodlust.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2023, 10:49:22 PM »

As we all know, the only two options are beating someone to death and letting them go unimpeded.

He stole and threatened and was rightly subdued. He got what he deserved from the shopkeeps. No need to go further just to satisfy your bloodlust.
Growing up, my dad had a grocery store in inner city Memphis. He was an immigrant who spoke no English. He was able to comfortably provide for my family.

But theft was a huge concern. It wouldn't take much for the store to go under. Had someone stolen all the cigerates like the guy in the video, the store would go under. Thats tens of thousands of dollars.

That thug deserved to get beaten and arrested. Its too bad he wasn't crippled. Its a good thing this wasn't in California, the shop owner probably would have went to jail for trying to stop him.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2023, 11:00:30 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2023, 11:19:07 PM by Doug Burgum Sugar Baby »

Growing up, my dad had a grocery store in inner city Memphis. He was an immigrant who spoke no English. He was able to comfortably provide for my family.

But theft was a huge concern. It wouldn't take much for the store to go under. Had someone stolen all the cigerates like the guy in the video, the store would go under. Thats tens of thousands of dollars.

That thug deserved to get beaten and arrested. Its too bad he wasn't crippled. Its a good thing this wasn't in California, the shop owner probably would have went to jail for trying to stop him.

I really have no problem with thieves being sent to jail or business owners protecting themselves. Thievery is not a victimless crime and thieves deserve punishment. I don't need to be convinced of that. What I'm saying is that your desire for them to be crippled (or worse) comes off a little unhinged.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2023, 11:11:31 PM »

There's nothing wrong with self-defense, but wanting someone severely injured or dead over stealing is disturbing. I find that people who have this sort of desire are looking for an excuse to justify violence and may even have a desire to commit it.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2023, 02:04:36 AM »

How is it sadistic to protect your own livelihood? These Sikhs immigrated with nothing and they aren’t going to let some psycho destroy their business. Your indifference to what the Sikhs in that video saw with some guy openly destroying their livelihood tells a lot. I am sure that you, someone who lives in a affluent suburb of London and doesn’t presumably know many people who own businesses like this.

Lol you do know that Sikhs errrr do live in affluent London suburbs?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2023, 04:46:36 AM »

what does that have to do with the people in the video?  Poor people can't defend themselves if other people in their ethnic group are rich?
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2023, 05:32:49 AM »

The replies of some of the leftists in this thread is why hispanics and (especially) asians are trending republican. No one will ever like you if you take the side of crimininals over law abiding citizens. Thieves have rights too, sure. And I wouldn't want a poor boy trying to still some food to be beaten. But the attitude of this thief makes it clear that he's taking advantage of the pro-crime policies in cities like San Francisco to torment shop owners. Like, I've never seen a thief so utterly unconcerned by being filmed and taking his time to do whatever theft he's doing. He knows that DAs like Boudin have his back. F**k him. Those sikhs didn't migrate (I assume they're immigrants based on their accents) all the way from Asia to let some lowlife destroy their means of survival. That whooping was earned. It was glorious. I loved it. Hopefully that becomes the standard response to these thefts. Make those thieves fear for life again.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2023, 05:43:39 AM »

Yes I know that they do, but it doesn’t matter since the Sikhs shown live in America, and the rest of my points still stand.
Epaminondas

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2023, 05:51:57 AM »

Hell, you're the most unhinged teacher I've ever met, you sure you don't want to transition to dirty cop?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2023, 06:07:51 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2023, 06:11:29 AM by Alcibiades »

How is it sadistic to protect your own livelihood? These Sikhs immigrated with nothing and they aren’t going to let some psycho destroy their business.

I have no problem with them tackling and restraining the robber. However, I don’t see how them then beating him with a pole, whether real or staged, is necessary to protect their livelihoods. Call me an out-of-touch bleeding heart, I guess, but I hold the crazy belief that people shouldn’t generally engage in excess violence for purely ‘retributive’ purposes.

Your indifference to what the Sikhs in that video saw with some guy openly destroying their livelihood tells a lot. I am sure that you, someone who lives in a affluent suburb of London and doesn’t presumably know many people who own businesses like this.

I could say a lot of things here (iirc you don’t exactly live in a diverse working class area), but because I’m the adult in this conversation I’m going to refrain from most of them Smiley. All I’ll say is that I hope that in a few years’ time you’ll look back on posts of yours like these (which have recently taken on a weird right-wing identitarian tone) and be embarrassed.

what does that have to do with the people in the video?  Poor people can't defend themselves if other people in their ethnic group are rich?

I thought the people in this video were small business owners? I’d be rather surprised if they were “poor”.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2023, 06:18:57 AM »

I thought the people in this video were small business owners? I’d be rather surprised if they were “poor”.
in America you can be poor and a small business owner.  In fact, it's encouraged.  But lets say they ain't poor, are non-poors not allowed to defend themselves?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2023, 06:23:45 AM »

in America you can be poor and a small business owner.  In fact, it's encouraged.  But lets say they ain't poor, are non-poors not allowed to defend themselves?

Of course they are, I was just trying to rebut whatever specific ridiculous point you and Ishan were trying to make here, but of course it’s tangential to the main issue at hand, which as I said is that this goes well beyond simple self-defence (being either a fairly nasty piece of violent revenge, or a rather weird and pathetic attempt to generate online content).

More broadly, even if you think what the owners did here was grimly necessary, it should be viewed as no more than that - grim necessity - and the tone of outright glee from many in this thread strikes me as very odd. In general, having to resolve disputes through extrajudicial interpersonal violence (and I think we all know what the subtext of this video as far as race relations go is) is not a sign of a healthy society!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies