High School Boys are Trending Conservative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:45:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  High School Boys are Trending Conservative
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: High School Boys are Trending Conservative  (Read 6917 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2023, 05:25:48 AM »

This sort of political polarization by gender is going to be disastrous for dating. People generally want someone with similar values, so it doesn’t bode well that so many women are trending liberal and so many men are trending conservative.
More women are dating each other anyway as they figure out their feelings.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2023, 05:46:19 AM »

This sort of political polarization by gender is going to be disastrous for dating. People generally want someone with similar values, so it doesn’t bode well that so many women are trending liberal and so many men are trending conservative.
meh, people with different politics can love each other.  My wife watches TYT and mainstream news, put up an LGBT flag in our front yard, votes straight D and she still puts up with me for some reason (its probably the money, my "handyness" and the fact that I make her laugh a dozen times a day....certainly isn't my handsomeness, lovemaking skills or how I vote).
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2023, 11:31:46 AM »

There is currently no evidence that people are ACTUALLY becoming more polarized on gender lines. However, if such were to happen, it would be disastrous for the human race, not just in the United States, but also worldwide, as such trends are likely to be reflected in numerous other countries.

This would increase misogynist sentiments among men and misandrist sentiments among women and could revert society back to a "Separate Spheres" state (i.e. men and women having separate roles). These sexist standards and sentiments must be crushed before they ruin society.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2023, 11:47:06 AM »

lol
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2023, 08:58:49 AM »

lol
True, there does seem to be more of an increase of women (and AFAB people) identifying outside the norms these days.
kyc0705

« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2023, 12:36:11 PM by kyc0705 »

Two of my guy friends in high school (early/mid 2010s) were self-described conservatives. They were completely repulsed by Trump from basically the moment he started campaigning in 2015. One of them I lost touch with a couple of years after graduating. He still nominally self-ID'd as a Republican, especially on foreign policy stuff, but also said he supported universal healthcare. The other friend literally works in Democratic politics now.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2023, 12:44:14 PM »

Seems like it, at least compared to older generations:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies