Most politically partisan users on each side?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:51:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Most politically partisan users on each side?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Most politically partisan users on each side?  (Read 1592 times)
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2023, 09:55:47 PM »

Who is the most politically partisan Republican and the most politically partisan Democrat on this site?

In my opinion:

Republicans - Two names come to mind (truly a tossup IMO): R****n and F***y B**r (names censored to protect the identities of those mentioned)

Democrats - O********i (name censored to protect the identity of the person mentioned) - However, this person is viewed as a god with access to wisdom beyond what any mere mortal can comprehend amongst Atlas members.

This thread is going to be painful. I can already feel it. Wink + Tongue
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 10:10:53 PM »

Republicans: 2016 or Redban
Democrats: Ferguson. By far.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 10:24:02 PM »

Ferguson for Democrats, no question.

Harder to say for the Republican posters. Maybe ER, but I feel like he cares more about socially conservative ideology than pure partisanship. If there was a JBE vs. Charlie Baker election, I could see him voting D.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 01:17:10 AM »

Yep, hard to argue with this.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 02:02:46 AM »

Vosem for the Republicans.

It's no fun to name myself as the most partisan Democrat (though that's not necessarily an inaccurate characterization), so I'll go with President Johnson. He's not as vocal or passionate as I am, but I can't really think of any issue where he strays from the mainstream Democratic consensus.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2023, 02:37:24 AM »

It's no fun to name myself as the most partisan Democrat (though that's not necessarily an inaccurate characterization), so I'll go with President Johnson. He's not as vocal or passionate as I am, but I can't really think of any issue where he strays from the mainstream Democratic consensus.
I'm pretty sure Vosem hasn't voted for a Republican President since he became eligible to vote.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2023, 03:15:07 AM »

It’s Fuzzy and Ferguson easily. If nothing else, this is proved by their interactions with each other.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 03:54:17 AM »

It’s Fuzzy and Ferguson easily. If nothing else, this is proved by their interactions with each other.

Nah, Fuzzy backed Gillum and Nelson in 2018 which isnt that long ago. There is an argument to actually be made that Extreme is the most partisan R given he even backed Moore in 2017, and I believe has been straight R for a while.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2023, 09:37:28 AM »

I don’t what you guys are talking about Jfern is the biggest republican hack on this site 😉😬
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 09:44:27 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2023, 11:33:21 AM by WalterWhite »

Nah, Fuzzy backed Gillum and Nelson in 2018 which isnt that long ago. There is an argument to actually be made that Extreme is the most partisan R given he even backed Moore in 2017, and I believe has been straight R for a while.

No shot Fuzzy backed Bill Nelson and Andrew Gillum. Are you serious?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2023, 11:31:25 AM »

No shot Fuzzy back Bill Nelson and Andrew Gillum. Are you serious?

He did and he made it clear in the lead up to the 2018 election that he was gonna vote for both of them .

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2023, 12:37:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure Vosem hasn't voted for a Republican President since he became eligible to vote.

I might be the poster with the most strikingly bleak long-term projection for ideological American progressivism, but yeah, by no means do I always support the GOP or always think they're going to win/even have a particularly bright future.

Ferguson for the Democrats, ExtremeRepublican for the Republicans.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2023, 12:41:38 PM »

The most partisan users are not necessarily the most ideologically extreme. I can think of few blue avatars who are staunchly loyal to the GOP and are not fond of any Democratic president, whether Polk or Obama or McGovern, yet I wouldn’t consider them extreme ideologically.

There are plenty of red avatars who would refuse to vote for anyone but the Democratic candidate these days, I’m basically one of them. We understand that there is an obvious distinction between what the two main parties stand for, and that the distinction is more clear-cut than ever, and we are practical enough to fend off against potential spoilers. Though I can’t think of any users here who would have supported every Democrat from Jackson through Biden. Maybe Alben Barkley comes closest?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2023, 01:01:19 PM »

No shot Fuzzy back Bill Nelson and Andrew Gillum. Are you serious?

He did and he made it clear in the lead up to the 2018 election that he was gonna vote for both of them .

I certainly did.

I regret my vote for Gillum, but not for Nelson.  Rick Scott is the worst, and I was concerned that DeSantis would emulate Scott in his governace.  (He's a different kind of Governor, and a better one for the average Florida citizen than Rick Scott was.)

Ferguson97, as I've been told, has a job in Democratic politics, so I get the hackery.  Our back and forth is because of a personal line he crossed that was unacceptable.  My biggest disappointment there was with the shamelessly lame sanction given for a personal attack that was quite beyond the pale.  It has nothing to do with politics, and my opinion of people here is generally not based on one's political positions.

Redban may be the most partisan Republican now.  This site does not really attract and keep Republican partisans; a number of blue avatars are RINOs to some degree (as I was when I started here in 2012).  Frodo and Harry give Ferguson97 a run for his money on partisanship.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2023, 03:31:26 PM »

Ferguson97, as I've been told, has a job in Democratic politics, so I get the hackery. 

For the record, this was at one point true, but is not currently the case.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2023, 03:44:46 PM »

It’s pretty easy to be called a RINO when most the party is in the mindless personality cult of Trumpism and brushes off any criticism of Trump whatsoever as “Trump Derangement Syndrome.” Then they act all shocked when voters…don’t vote for them as they did in 2022.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2023, 03:49:21 PM »

Spectator
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2023, 03:55:54 PM »

Aw thanks brother, have a good day
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2023, 04:51:12 PM »

Republicans: Redban

Democrats: Ferguson or wbrocks (surprised the latter didn’t get mentioned yet)
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2023, 07:04:01 PM »

From what I've seen in my couple weeks in this forum:

Republicans: Redban

Democrats: Olawakandi
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2023, 07:17:38 PM »

Ferguson97, as I've been told, has a job in Democratic politics, so I get the hackery. 

For the record, this was at one point true, but is not currently the case.

What are you doing these days? Running DEI sessions for corporations to shield them from liability?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2023, 05:37:41 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2023, 05:49:08 AM by Punxsutawney Phil »

The most partisan users are not necessarily the most ideologically extreme. I can think of few blue avatars who are staunchly loyal to the GOP and are not fond of any Democratic president, whether Polk or Obama or McGovern, yet I wouldn’t consider them extreme ideologically.

There are plenty of red avatars who would refuse to vote for anyone but the Democratic candidate these days, I’m basically one of them. We understand that there is an obvious distinction between what the two main parties stand for, and that the distinction is more clear-cut than ever, and we are practical enough to fend off against potential spoilers. Though I can’t think of any users here who would have supported every Democrat from Jackson through Biden. Maybe Alben Barkley comes closest?
Over the past 160 years I would have supported the D candidate for president in all but a few elections, with 1856 being one of the elections I would have backed the Democrats (anti-nativism).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2023, 08:37:44 AM »

Agreed, though Woodbury is a contender for the GOP-side as well.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2023, 10:11:46 AM »

There is something interesting about the users saying Fuzzy or Spectator, though -- it's often remarked upon in religious contexts that the people most enthusiastic about some dogma are converts, those who actively chose it recently. Similarly, it wouldn't surprise me if the people most enthusiastic right now about being Republicans or Democrats are those who actually supported the other party not too long ago.

(I think Spectator still identifies as a Republican -- and still supports the GAGOP at the state level, correct-me-if-I'm-wrong -- but he does seem to be one of our most enthusiastic supporters of the national Democratic party.)
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2023, 10:17:58 AM »

There is something interesting about the users saying Fuzzy or Spectator, though -- it's often remarked upon in religious contexts that the people most enthusiastic about some dogma are converts, those who actively chose it recently. Similarly, it wouldn't surprise me if the people most enthusiastic right now about being Republicans or Democrats are those who actually supported the other party not too long ago.

(I think Spectator still identifies as a Republican -- and still supports the GAGOP at the state level, correct-me-if-I'm-wrong -- but he does seem to be one of our most enthusiastic supporters of the national Democratic party.)

They are both definitely Republicans. I checked, and both of their avatars are blue.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies