DeSantis says he would consider RFK Jr as nominee to head CDC or FDA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 06:22:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  DeSantis says he would consider RFK Jr as nominee to head CDC or FDA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: DeSantis says he would consider RFK Jr as nominee to head CDC or FDA  (Read 1680 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2023, 11:36:11 PM »

Yeah it’s over , Biden is gonna win a second term . I hope the Trump base is proud of themselves as Pre 2023 DeSantis , Scott , and maybe even Haley all would be strong candidates if they weren’t forced to pander to you guys .

I agree, this is really sad. Imagine a primary without Trump? You'd have people like Sununu, (Tim) Scott, maybe even Kemp or Youngkin in addition to 2022 Desantis who would have all been formidable opponents against Biden (maybe even favored I'd say). Trump's base is honestly unbelievably dumb but that's democracy, their choice must be respected.

Biden really needs to win 2024 and by at least 8+ points in order to end this craziness once and for all. The good news if you're a "normal" republican is that suburban voters have shown in 2020 and 2022 that they are perfectly willing to vote for Biden while still voting R downballot as long as the republican is not crazy, so there's hope for them.
A good amount of "normal" Republicans were also dragged down by Trump being in the spotlight in 2022, with the national electorate and the high-turnout environment in 2024, I expect that pattern to continue to damper things.

By 2028, outside Youngkin, the current possible GOP field is extremely hollow and rotten. If Democrats win in 2024, they might have an opening in 2028 and relegate the Republican Party to where the NC GOP is today for a generation. This is the worst case scenario for Republicans, the general hollowing out and inability to seriously deliver to its base on the electoral field and being over reliant on the courts to actually deliver on conservative causes.
Vance/Britt ticket says hi
JD Vance I have serious doubts would win in a race that was not safe R. He also has an unpleasant personality and issues with being a wacko like Desantis
I don't think he's a wacko. In fact he's been working on bipartisan populist legislation and has been really appealing to a wide audience while keeping his conservative bonafides. You don't need to be anti-Trump to be a moderate after all. He also has a great backstop, and his underperformance in 2022 was because of isolated factors in that race.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2023, 02:58:52 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2023, 03:04:15 PM by BlahTheCanuckTory »

The thing about this clip that stands out to me more than the absurdity of making RFK Jr head of the CDC or FDA is Ron Desantis' inability to speak in full sentences here.

'Yes, the medical stuff, I'm very good on that.'
'There's probably a whole host of other things he'd be out of step with.'
'It's like okay, if you're President.'
'In terms of being veep, there's 70% of the issues that he may be averse to our base on.'

Has the education system been dumbed down to such an extent that the Yale and Harvard-educated Governor of Florida and a candidate for President of the United States cannot express himself in clear and grammatically correct English? This is proof that Ivy League degrees aren't necessarily worth as much as the excessive value placed on them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies