Papal Conclave - 2007 Info Center
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:02:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Papal Conclave - 2007 Info Center
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Papal Conclave - 2007 Info Center  (Read 48965 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »

Well, if you aren't too confident in you ability to speak in detail about a certain subject, then you can do it that way.  If you want to get into a detailed discussion about an issue, it will be more appealing to an intellectual Cardinal, unless, of course, you find that you have significant disagreements.  Basically, you will say what you want to talk about, then if you want to take questions.  I will then PM you some questions, and so on.

Now, if you want to talk about somethign personal, you have to include details and be willing to discuss.  Remember, you still have your one question per turn, so....

All righty, thanks for your responses. Smiley

I suppose I just have one last question before I can get this thing going, which is to inquire how long you'd like specific dialog to be (to a specific cardinal, not in a speech).  Evidently if you were having a real conversation with someone, you'd talk at length back and forth, but since this is just a game, I'm assuming that you'd prefer not to have it too long.

As long as you want.  I won't get bored.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »

Well, if you aren't too confident in you ability to speak in detail about a certain subject, then you can do it that way.  If you want to get into a detailed discussion about an issue, it will be more appealing to an intellectual Cardinal, unless, of course, you find that you have significant disagreements.  Basically, you will say what you want to talk about, then if you want to take questions.  I will then PM you some questions, and so on.

Now, if you want to talk about somethign personal, you have to include details and be willing to discuss.  Remember, you still have your one question per turn, so....

All righty, thanks for your responses. Smiley

I suppose I just have one last question before I can get this thing going, which is to inquire how long you'd like specific dialog to be (to a specific cardinal, not in a speech).  Evidently if you were having a real conversation with someone, you'd talk at length back and forth, but since this is just a game, I'm assuming that you'd prefer not to have it too long.

As long as you want.  I won't get bored.

Oh, that's no fun; now I won't know when I can stop. Tongue

Well, okay, I think I should be good to go... now I just need to figure out what to do.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »

How much time do we have between rounds of voting?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2007, 07:40:38 PM »

yeah...i have an exam monday morning, and I would appreciate some time...if its avaliable.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2007, 09:00:42 PM »

Sorry, my last message didn't make a damn bit of sense.  The period for influencing will last an average of 4 days, since I have to take the time to process everything.  We will set it for Tuesdayish.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »

Sorry, my last message didn't make a damn bit of sense.  The period for influencing will last an average of 4 days, since I have to take the time to process everything.  We will set it for Tuesdayish.

Thanks man...i can send you my PMs at anytime before tuesday...not that there would be any reason that they wouldn't, but all PMs are treated equally, regardless of when they're received.

thanks again.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2007, 11:52:41 PM »

Thanks man...i can send you my PMs at anytime before tuesday...not that there would be any reason that they wouldn't, but all PMs are treated equally, regardless of when they're received.

thanks again.

I think you meant to ask that as a question... or am I wrong?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

thanks again.

I think you meant to ask that as a question... or am I wrong?

Yeah...I'm exhausted...which makes me lazy and functionally retarded. Danke.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2007, 01:01:02 AM »

Yeah, they will all be regarded equally.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2007, 12:38:07 PM »

Is everyone just really busy or something?  The only person I have recieved anything from is Gabu.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2007, 02:02:48 PM »

Well, right now I don't know what to do...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=55860.msg1166209#msg1166209
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2007, 02:16:32 PM »

As a totally off hand comment, I think the Pope has a make-up artist, because I am watching him on TV right now and he looks far less menacing than usual.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »

Is everyone just really busy or something?  The only person I have recieved anything from is Gabu.

I don't quite know how to approach this. I've read the rules, but it kind of seems like a crapshoot.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »

I may try to influence more if the Cardinals would be more forthcoming.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2007, 05:50:55 PM »

I don't quite know how to approach this. I've read the rules, but it kind of seems like a crapshoot.

As far as I can tell, you just read the descriptions of the cardinals to figure out who is most likely to support you and then you just go talk to them about something that you have in common (or about something that you think would make them think favorably about you).

If absolutely no one really has any clue what they're doing, there's no unfair advantages, so you haven't much to lose. Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »

Sorry for my inactivity...I have an exam tomorrow morning...my own activity should increase following its conclusion.

My apologies
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2007, 03:47:45 AM »

Sorry for my inactivity...I have an exam tomorrow morning...my own activity should increase following its conclusion.

My apologies

That's fine, we already discussed this.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2007, 03:49:54 AM »

They will step forward more in the later rounds, unless you are refering to the player Cardinals, or course, then I can't speak for them not answering your question.

You guys can make speeches you know?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2007, 03:53:13 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2007, 03:55:23 AM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

The info on all the non-player Cardinals starts here

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=55860.msg1178919#msg1178919

Look at that and use it to form a strategy.  If you screw up this round, Im not gonna jump on you.  I'll just address any mistakes, so that way we are all square for the later rounds.

Once again, I think each of you should start by making some sort of speech in the Vatican thread.  Its your best way to introduce yourself and an issue you care about to the other Cardinals.  Remember, they are gonna hear a lot of speeches, so unless yours it really steller, its not gonna create a tidal wave, but it will raise your profile.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2007, 11:39:16 AM »

They will step forward more in the later rounds, unless you are refering to the player Cardinals, or course, then I can't speak for them not answering your question.

I am referring to the player Cardinals.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »

I am referring to the player Cardinals.

I'd answer the question if I had any idea what was being asked. Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

Hey Soult,

would it be possible to get a template of what we're supposed to PM you...

You don't have to give away any secrets we're supposed to find, but some guidance as to the particular/preferred form.

Oh yes....speeches...in the PM or in the vatican thread or both...
yeah...a template would be helpful.

thanks
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2007, 02:34:15 PM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

Hey Soult,

would it be possible to get a template of what we're supposed to PM you...

You don't have to give away any secrets we're supposed to find, but some guidance as to the particular/preferred form.

Oh yes....speeches...in the PM or in the vatican thread or both...
yeah...a template would be helpful.

thanks

Here is a fairly good template to use... this is a copy of one I recieved from one of the other players:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You can also write a speech or conversational type PM as one of the other players did...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Speeches would look much like the above format, except you are addressing everyone, and as opposed to chooosing a such a person topic, you might want to pick one that addresses a wider issue, though you certainly could talk about a personal topic, if you like.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »

Two things.  First, I accidentally double counted Hernandez.  Second, I forgot Cardinal Gayan of Calcutta, who voted for Singh (Harry)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies