ND
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  ND
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND  (Read 10885 times)
HAMMERS
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »

Anyone Know when the ND, GOP/DEM caucuses or primaries will be?   Can't seem to find any definitive answers online.    Probably meaningless in the big picture, as we're a tiny state with few delegates, but I'd like to Know when we get our turn.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 09:51:49 PM »

Anyone Know when the ND, GOP/DEM caucuses or primaries will be?   Can't seem to find any definitive answers online.    Probably meaningless in the big picture, as we're a tiny state with few delegates, but I'd like to Know when we get our turn.

You probably should've posted this is a board that people actually use.

ND doesn't have a state Presidential primary so it's on the states to come up with their own system. GOP is doing a caucus and it appears ND-GOP has picked Monday March 4th, the day before Super Tuesday. This sounds weird but the GOP only penalizes states for going before March without permission, which has opened up several weird states to move into slots before March 5th but after March 1st (looks like Idaho's shooting for Saturday March 2nd for its caucus). I say "it appears" because, well, it appears Green Papers (the best site for this sort of thing) still has "March 4th, Presumptive Date" and it hasn't been locked down, but Green Papers claims the ND GOP Chair said March 4th is what they're shooting for.

ND Dems are doing a "party run primary" on April 6th. Party run primaries are for people who hate caucuses but can't get state funding to throw a primary and basically means that the state Democratic Party will have to rent or borrow a number of venues across the state as polling places for the day. Nevertheless, the results will function like a regular primary.
HAMMERS
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 05:42:48 PM »

You probably should've posted this is a board that people actually use.

ND doesn't have a state Presidential primary so it's on the states to come up with their own system. GOP is doing a caucus and it appears ND-GOP has picked Monday March 4th, the day before Super Tuesday. This sounds weird but the GOP only penalizes states for going before March without permission, which has opened up several weird states to move into slots before March 5th but after March 1st (looks like Idaho's shooting for Saturday March 2nd for its caucus). I say "it appears" because, well, it appears Green Papers (the best site for this sort of thing) still has "March 4th, Presumptive Date" and it hasn't been locked down, but Green Papers claims the ND GOP Chair said March 4th is what they're shooting for.

ND Dems are doing a "party run primary" on April 6th. Party run primaries are for people who hate caucuses but can't get state funding to throw a primary and basically means that the state Democratic Party will have to rent or borrow a number of venues across the state as polling places for the day. Nevertheless, the results will function like a regular primary.
LOL, I didn't Know that people don't use this board LOL.  Thanks for the info!   Since there is no registration here I just vote in both.   Thanks again!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies