Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?  (Read 59 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2023, 07:59:16 PM »
« edited: July 23, 2023, 03:55:13 AM by v0031 »

“I hope people like me who have a physical disability as a result of accidents will one day be able to stand up again,” said Li Anqiang.
Li Anqiang, 33, is a doctor working on prosthetic rehabilitation (假肢康复). He has been using artificial (人造的) legs for 15 years in his daily study and work since the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008. After being trapped underground for a full day and night, his legs had to be amputated(截肢).
He soon returned to school but felt hopeless. “To take care of me, my parents had to leave their jobs, and I had no idea what I would do with the rest of my life,” he said. He finally plucked up the courage to spend another five months in rehabilitation and training to live with prosthetic legs.
After hard work, Li went to Sichuan University and later he got the chance to study abroad.
At the end of 2019, Li returned to Chengdu and began to make videos on social media about his life with prosthetic legs. Many people who experienced amputations commented (评论) on his videos. He found that many of them could not walk freely because they didn’t have professional rehabilitation exercises. This encouraged him to work on prosthetics and rehabilitation.
“I believe that the world is beautiful. Even though it can be difficult to get around, we should still go out and see the world,” Li said. He also hopes that society can be more open-minded to those with disabilities. “I hope that one day when we walk down the street, we are treated no differently than people with glasses,” Li added.

After reading this, I wrote a question for my students.

2.How many months did he spend in rehabilitation and training to live with prosthetic legs?
A. 10   B. 5   C. 180   D. 132
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies