Analysts: A manufacturing investment supercycle is starting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:54:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Analysts: A manufacturing investment supercycle is starting
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Analysts: A manufacturing investment supercycle is starting  (Read 551 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2023, 02:30:24 PM »

Welcome to Dark Brandon's America.

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 06:38:07 PM »

the man will try and tell u that kondratiev waves r "pseudoscience" tho
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 07:13:36 PM »

Protectionism is bad.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 07:46:28 PM »

Teach the coders to smelt!
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 07:48:23 PM »

On the contrary, many manufacturing jobs today require a combination of technology, and hands on work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNMYLPE_jM
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 10:37:04 PM »

Biden deserves credit when it's due. If he can revive the Rust Belt then he might end up as the Democrat's Reagan in a lot of ways.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 02:10:14 AM »

the man will try and tell u that kondratiev waves r "pseudoscience" tho

Kondratiev waves are pseudoscience.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 03:35:53 AM »

I don't know man.
I think Hunter's dick pics might be more important to the average voter.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »

This is what I've been saying all along the bills Biden passed are incredible investments in America's economy and infrastructure. These are investments we've been sorely missing for decades. It's really a shame that the Democratic Party is so bad at messaging and most of the corporate media hammers his spending bills more than they talk about the multiple ways it's delivering for Americans.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 11:49:40 AM »

Cost of housing is all that matters. No one will actually like the economy again until that becomes reasonable. I'd rather have cheap housing and fewer jobs than many jobs and overpriced housing.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 11:52:32 AM »

Cost of housing is all that matters. No one will actually like the economy again until that becomes reasonable. I'd rather have cheap housing and fewer jobs than many jobs and overpriced housing.

Cost of housing as been an issue for decades. People were fine with the economy in 2019. I don't buy that this is the biggest driving factor in how voters respond to polls asking how they feel about the economy.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2023, 11:57:08 AM »

Cost of housing as been an issue for decades. People were fine with the economy in 2019. I don't buy that this is the biggest driving factor in how voters respond to polls asking how they feel about the economy.

I don't believe that most people were fine with it in 2019. I think polls were inflated by homeowners who loved that they were getting free money from prices skyrocketing out of control.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2023, 12:01:49 PM »

I don't believe that most people were fine with it in 2019. I think polls were inflated by homeowners who loved that they were getting free money from prices skyrocketing out of control.

Pretty much every poll from early 2018 to early 2020(right before COVID hit) had 60-70% of Americans saying they thought the economy was going good. This includes an exit poll from 2018 which had 68% of Americans saying they thought the economy was in good place so you are wrong about that.

Btw housing prices in 2018-19 were not as high as they are now though

Source: https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2021/09/why-u-s-housing-prices-arent-as-crazy-as-you-think/

As long as you were willing to live in the suburbs or sunbelt in 2018-19 , housing was not that expensive. Since 2020 though, housing prices have gone up a lot even in the suburbs and sunbelt as well.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2023, 12:01:51 PM »

Is there evidence that these homeowners were disproportionately likely to respond to polls, and that pollsters were not properly weighting for this response bias?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2023, 12:03:04 PM »

Is there evidence that these homeowners were disproportionately likely to respond to polls, and that pollsters were not properly weighting for this response bias?

You know, I hate to be this way, but I don't care about or trust any of these polls at all, especially the ones from 2020 and earlier.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies