Trump Criminal Charges Thread Directory
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:40:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Criminal Charges Thread Directory
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump Criminal Charges Thread Directory  (Read 4954 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2024, 06:29:14 PM »

I actually think March 4 can still hold. It depends on the circuit court ruling on immunity soon, giving him only 5 days to get a stay, and no stay being granted. All possible.

That could work, in theory, but Judge Chutkan, has ruled that Trump's lawyers cannot be required by the prosecution or her court to work on the case while it is held pending appeal. So once that appeal is denied, Trump's lawyers will then flood the Court with a gish-gallop of motions and claim "we need time to resolve all these" and request nine more months. Judge Chutkan won't give them that long, but she will allow a reasonable time, which will push the trial date back.  (Which is all Trump really wants.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2024, 05:48:01 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2024, 05:53:23 PM by Torie »

Assuming the March 4 holds, or shortly thereafter,  if as is more likely than not to be the case that the the the Supreme Court holds that the President of the United States is an officer of the United States, I think it more likely than not the Supreme will bounce Trump from the ballot.

At point Haley would be sitting pretty, which would suddenly give Phillips a new lease on life as the Democrat nominee. The Dems would panic that Haley would win, and would want an alternative. Phillis is extremely articulate, and has many ideas, some very creative. Though Jewish, he wants a  two State solution and wants the right wing government to fall. He wants more favored nation status for foreign drug companies. He favors a robust expansion  of health care coverage for lower income individuals. I might well vote for Phillips over Haley.

I have a dream. Keep hope alive. Both are moderate centrists and internationals The nation would be well served by either of them,  and we face a grim an otherwise grim choice between Trump and Biden.

Check Philips out. I saw him on a Bloomberg press interview and was extremely impressed. I encourage you to do a Google  of that interview.

Nothing else would be a cold shower for me.  May my dreams come true. ) :  
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2024, 06:22:43 PM »

Assuming the March 4 holds, or shortly thereafter,  if as is more likely than not to be the case that the the the Supreme Court holds that the President of the United States is an officer of the United States, I think it more likely than not the Supreme will bounce Trump from the ballot.

At point Haley would be sitting pretty, which would suddenly give Phillips a new lease on life as the Democrat nominee. The Dems would panic that Haley would win, and would want an alternative. Phillis is extremely articulate, and has many ideas, some very creative. Though Jewish, he wants a  two State solution and wants the right wing government to fall. He wants more favored nation status for foreign drug companies. He favors a robust expansion  of health care coverage for lower income individuals. I might well vote for Phillips over Haley.

I have a dream. Keep hope alive. Both are moderate centrists and internationals The nation would be well served by either of them,  and we face a grim an otherwise grim choice between Trump and Biden.

Check Philips out. I saw him on a Bloomberg press interview and was extremely impressed. I encourage you to do a Google  of that interview.

Nothing else would be a cold shower for me.  May my dreams come true. ) :  

I personally would not panic at Haley being nominated. I definitely think Biden could take her when the campaigning ramps up. She would also come into the general election without Trump's devoted base. It would be a very different, almost Obama era-like general election campaign.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2024, 04:52:07 AM »

Haley wasn't gonna win the nomination after that America isn't racist comment and she didn't, that's why Redban never responded to me when I post that
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2024, 09:58:03 AM »

DC Circuit inexplicably delays issuing a ruling on Trump's absurd immunity from prosecution claim.

The implications of that are grim and even dire. And if it is delayed until after Trump gets elected, he can shut down his Justice department. What the F are the courts dong?

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/31/trump-trial-immunity-delay-00138688
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2024, 08:21:40 PM »

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2024, 03:05:44 PM »

Trump's criminal charges all in one place.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2023/07/politics/trump-indictments-criminal-cases/
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2024, 12:46:42 PM »

Delays and counterattacks: How the Trump campaign plans to use his court dates for political gain
Starting this spring, Trump will be in court for at least four days a week, just as the general election kicks off.

Donald Trump’s campaign is engineering a plan to “make lemonade out of lemons” as a full docket of court appearances are about to swamp his political calendar.

The strategy, the former president's advisers tell NBC News, will involve trying to portray President Joe Biden as someone attempting to “imprison” his political opponents, muddying the waters between Trump’s and Biden’s legal problems, creating counterprogramming events focused on policy and ultimately pushing to delay the trials for as long as possible.

The unprecedented task of a presidential candidate simultaneously swaying courts of law and public opinion has long loomed in the background. Trump turned his legal travails into primary gold, but repeating that feat in a general election — where swing voters matter — is more challenging. 

The first criminal trial is set to begin March 25, when a Manhattan jury will consider charges that Trump falsified business records to cover up hush money payments to an adult film star during his 2016 campaign. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, however, said Thursday he doesn't oppose delaying the start of the trial for 30 days.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-campaign-court-dates-political-gain-rcna142804
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2024, 07:17:58 PM »

Trump has posted the $175 million bond in the civil fraud trial. The thread is locked for some reason, can it be unlocked to allow further discussion?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2024, 07:21:17 PM »

Trump has posted the $175 million bond in the civil fraud trial. The thread is locked for some reason, can it be unlocked to allow further discussion?

Sorry, it's unlocked now.  I had locked it temporarily because it was getting heated, but forgot to go back and unlock it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2024, 12:25:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies