How would these pseudoscientists/pseudohistorians vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:32:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How would these pseudoscientists/pseudohistorians vote?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would these pseudoscientists/pseudohistorians vote?  (Read 763 times)
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2023, 04:43:48 PM »
« edited: July 18, 2023, 05:03:50 PM by WalterWhite »

These are just the first ones that come to my mind in no particular order.

- Flat Earthers
- Moon landing truthers
- Geocentrists
- Young-Earth creationists
- Old-Earth creationists
- Climate change deniers
- Anti-vaxxers
- Homeopaths
- Acupuncturists
- Naturopaths
- Faith healers
- GMO skeptics
- Holocaust deniers
- Holodomor deniers
- 9/11 deniers
- New World Order believers
- Phrenologists
- Graphologists
- Polygraph experts
- Astrologers
- Mendelian genetics deniers
- Special/general relativity deniers
- QAnoners
- Personality test believers
- Alpha/beta male believers
- Middle Ages denialists
- 2004 election denialists
- 2020 election denialists
- Nuclear energy skeptics
- Perpetual energy believers
- Chemophobes
- Biological racists
- Electrosensitives
- 5G conspiracy theorists

There are definitely more I have not listed.

Regardless, how would each one of these groups have voted in the 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2020 Presidential Elections. If you want, you could also write in how you think each one of these groups would vote in a 2024 Biden vs. Trump matchup.
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 06:35:54 PM »

- Flat Earthers: Safe R
- Moon landing truthers: Safe R
- Geocentrists: Safe R
- Young-Earth creationists: Safe R
- Old-Earth creationists: Safe R
- Climate change deniers: Safe R
- Anti-vaxxers: Safe R
- Homeopaths: Safe R
- Acupuncturists: Lean R
- Naturopaths: Lean R
- Faith healers: Safe R
- GMO skeptics: Tossup
- Holocaust deniers: Safe R
- Holodomor deniers: Safe D
- 9/11 deniers: Safe R
- New World Order believers: Safe R
- Phrenologists: Safe R
- Graphologists: Likely D
- Polygraph experts: Likely D
- Astrologers: Safe D
- Mendelian genetics deniers: Safe R
- Special/general relativity deniers: Safe R
- QAnoners: Safe R (lol)
- Personality test believers: Safe D
- Alpha/beta male believers: Safe R
- Middle Ages denialists: Safe R
- 2004 election denialists: Safe D
- 2020 election denialists: Safe R
- Nuclear energy skeptics: Safe D
- Perpetual energy believers: Tossup
- Chemophobes: Safe R
- Biological racists: Safe R
- Electrosensitives: Safe R
- 5G conspiracy theorists: Safe R

Regardless, how would each one of these groups have voted in the 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2020 Presidential Elections. If you want, you could also write in how you think each one of these groups would vote in a 2024 Biden vs. Trump matchup.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 07:10:26 PM »

Interesting.

I would have guessed that due to the eco-consciousness of the Democratic Party, proponents of alternative medicine (homeopaths/acupuncturists/naturopaths), GMO skeptics, and chemophobes would have leaned Democratic. I also thought that 9/11 truthers would lean Democratic because of their hatred of George W. Bush, a Republican. What makes you think these groups would lean Republican?

Before 2020, I would have also expected anti-vaxxers, electrosensitives, and 5G conspiracy theorists to lean Democratic because of the Democratic Party's eco-consciousness; but Republicans seem to have a lock on the anti-vaxxer and the anti-5G vote, for better or worse.

I would have also expected flat Earthers and Moon landing truthers to be tossup or lean Republican at most (because the Earth is flat under the most literal interpretations of the Bible). What makes you think these groups would lean Republican?
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 08:00:17 PM »

Interesting.

I would have guessed that due to the eco-consciousness of the Democratic Party, proponents of alternative medicine (homeopaths/acupuncturists/naturopaths), GMO skeptics, and chemophobes would have leaned Democratic. I also thought that 9/11 truthers would lean Democratic because of their hatred of George W. Bush, a Republican. What makes you think these groups would lean Republican?

Before 2020, I would have also expected anti-vaxxers, electrosensitives, and 5G conspiracy theorists to lean Democratic because of the Democratic Party's eco-consciousness; but Republicans seem to have a lock on the anti-vaxxer and the anti-5G vote, for better or worse.

I would have also expected flat Earthers and Moon landing truthers to be tossup or lean Republican at most (because the Earth is flat under the most literal interpretations of the Bible). What makes you think these groups would lean Republican?

Most of the paths are more dem-leaning than average due to the eco-consciousness, yes, but many subsets of them would swing the demographic to republicans such as snake-oil salespeople and anti-science conspiracists. Not really sure about chemophobes but I lumped them in with other pseudoscientific groups that would have lots of republican voters due to the party's anti-science and anti-intellectual bent. GMO skeptics would encompass some environmentalists and thus has more dem support, but still lots of republicans because of their appeal to conspiratorial and anti-science groups as a whole.

9/11 truthers might hate Bush but that doesn't make them democrats, plenty would be far-right nut-jobs who think Bush was a RINO or something.

Flat earthers would be religious fundamentalists, who would rather walk over broken glass barefoot than vote for a pro-abortion party. Moon landing truthers would be generally drawn to the conspiratorial party, and would be heavily Republican as a result.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 08:57:07 PM »

Interesting.

Most of the paths are more dem-leaning than average due to the eco-consciousness, yes, but many subsets of them would swing the demographic to republicans such as snake-oil salespeople and anti-science conspiracists. Not really sure about chemophobes but I lumped them in with other pseudoscientific groups that would have lots of republican voters due to the party's anti-science and anti-intellectual bent. GMO skeptics would encompass some environmentalists and thus has more dem support, but still lots of republicans because of their appeal to conspiratorial and anti-science groups as a whole.

9/11 truthers might hate Bush but that doesn't make them democrats, plenty would be far-right nut-jobs who think Bush was a RINO or something.

Flat earthers would be religious fundamentalists, who would rather walk over broken glass barefoot than vote for a pro-abortion party. Moon landing truthers would be generally drawn to the conspiratorial party, and would be heavily Republican as a result.

And why do you think graphologists, polygraph experts, astrologers, and personality test believers would lean Democratic? I can understand why Holodomor deniers, 2004 election denialists, and nuclear energy skeptics might lean Democratic; tankies would never vote Republican, 2004 election denialists hate Bush and the GOP, and nuclear energy skeptics are often hardcore environmentalists.

I thought graphologists, astrologers, and personality test believers would be tossup voters, given that there is nothing inherently political about any of these; none of these have been major political issues as far as I can remember. I also thought polygraph examiners might actually lean Republican, given that a lot of criticism of the polygraph comes from its unreliability and its usage in the courtroom, leading to a potential false conviction; this argument against the polygraph definitely lends itself more to the party of criminal justice reform: the Democratic Party.

Also, do you think, that given the increasing appeal of the Republican Party among anti-science groups, the Republican Party will start winning over these voters as well?
Zenobiyl
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 11:12:04 AM »

Interesting.

And why do you think graphologists, polygraph experts, astrologers, and personality test believers would lean Democratic? I can understand why Holodomor deniers, 2004 election denialists, and nuclear energy skeptics might lean Democratic; tankies would never vote Republican, 2004 election denialists hate Bush and the GOP, and nuclear energy skeptics are often hardcore environmentalists.

I thought graphologists, astrologers, and personality test believers would be tossup voters, given that there is nothing inherently political about any of these; none of these have been major political issues as far as I can remember. I also thought polygraph examiners might actually lean Republican, given that a lot of criticism of the polygraph comes from its unreliability and its usage in the courtroom, leading to a potential false conviction; this argument against the polygraph definitely lends itself more to the party of criminal justice reform: the Democratic Party.

Also, do you think, that given the increasing appeal of the Republican Party among anti-science groups, the Republican Party will start winning over these voters as well?

My assumption is that graphologists and polygraph experts and the like would be educated professionals (albeit in a less than credible field) which largely lean democratic on the whole. Personality test believers and astrologers would encompass a lot of hippie-type or basic people (the kinds of people who would blog daily on tumblr or something) who would lean dem due to that.

On the whole I think pseudoscientists/pseudohistorians would be a Safe R demographic, since many of the dem groups are extremely small and some of the R groups are relatively large.
NorCalifornio
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 08:00:14 PM »

Do you mean 2000? I've never heard of anybody disputing the 2004 election, but then I've never heard of a few of these.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 08:23:11 PM »

Do you mean 2000? I've never heard of anybody disputing the 2004 election, but then I've never heard of a few of these.

I actually mean 2004. RFK Jr., for instance, claimed that the election was stolen from John Kerry in Ohio by means of voter fraud. These allegations mainly came down to the disparities between exit polls (which had Kerry up in Ohio, Iowa, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado, Nevada, Missouri, and Arkansas and leading in the popular vote by 3%) and the final results (which had Bush winning all of those states).
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 12:24:56 PM »

There were several notable members of Congress who claim that Bush stole Ohio.
https://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/electoral.vote.1718/
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 02:24:14 PM »

Bumping this thread
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 03:25:53 PM »

“Old Earth Creationism”- the idea that universe and planet Earth were created by God- is not a “pseudoscience.”
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies