Wes Moore has a good chance of being Dem nominee in 2028
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:53:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Wes Moore has a good chance of being Dem nominee in 2028
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wes Moore has a good chance of being Dem nominee in 2028  (Read 991 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2023, 12:34:09 PM »

At that point he would have 6 years as the governor of Maryland and be around 50 years old. I will go further and say he has the best odds out of anyone to be the Dem nominee in 2028 if he chooses to run (unless Biden passes away before and Harris takes over). The only person who I could honestly see give him a run for his money is Roy Cooper, but I don't think he would run. To win a Dem primary you still need to dominate with black voters which Moore would be able to easily do (see Obama, Clinton, Biden).
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 02:29:04 PM »

I think if he chooses to run he'd be a good chance of being the nominee and could have an advantage especially if Trump wins and is term limited, although I think that Shapiro or Whitmer would be stronger.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 07:11:15 PM »

The campaign slogans could be fun. "Wes is Moore", and then if he wins re-election "Four Moore Years"
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 07:40:43 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2023, 07:46:57 PM by Roll Roons »

Not only is he the country's only black governor, but the fact that he's the governor of a state bordering DC means he could get a lot of attention from the Beltway press corps. If he runs, that's a huge advantage that shouldn't be underestimated.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 10:55:08 AM »

Agreed. He has at least a decent shot for being on the ticket. If not the top, he'd make a good VP for Whitmer or Shapiro.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 03:11:52 PM »

I concur.  I think he would be at the very top of potential candidates for 2028.  I have a feeling the nominee in 2028 is going to be a non-white man, or a woman.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 03:12:03 PM »

Agreed. He has at least a decent shot for being on the ticket. If not the top, he'd make a good VP for Whitmer or Shapiro.

Yeah, a Whitmer/Moore ticket would be awesome. However, I think both Whitmer or Moore would be more likely to pick a senator for the second spot. Both Warnock and Ossoff would be interesting for them.

If Biden is reelected though, I expect Kamala to end up as 2028 nominee. But I hope it's Whitmer, Moore or Shapiro, because they'd be stronger in a general election in my view.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 05:16:33 PM »

Wes Moore would not be able to survive a national campaign.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 07:38:04 PM »

Yeah, a Whitmer/Moore ticket would be awesome. However, I think both Whitmer or Moore would be more likely to pick a senator for the second spot. Both Warnock and Ossoff would be interesting for them.

If Biden is reelected though, I expect Kamala to end up as 2028 nominee. But I hope it's Whitmer, Moore or Shapiro, because they'd be stronger in a general election in my view.

Moore running could definitely upend Kamala. Kamala cannot perform as poorly at CNN town halls and debates as we've seen in a lot of moments. This is why I would replace her on 2024 ticket, she just isn't talented at all.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 11:29:59 AM »

I think it depends on whether or not Biden loses. I think he'd likely be the nominee in '28 in the event of a Biden loss, with Harris being the nominee in '28 if Biden wins and Moore being the nominee in '32 if Harris loses.

He is probably the single strongest candidate the Democrats have on their bench today and I think he will absolutely catch fire whenever he chooses to run. He is like a combination of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, having both of their strengths.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2023, 11:37:59 AM »

Let's wait to see how he actually performs as Governor of Maryland, but I agree that demographically, geographically, and in terms of within-party positioning Moore comes off as a figure who would be very strong in a Democratic presidential primary.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2023, 01:37:09 PM »

I think if he chooses to run he'd be a good chance of being the nominee and could have an advantage especially if Trump wins and is term limited, although I think that Shapiro or Whitmer would be stronger.
The problem for them is the Dem primary is still controlled by black voters. Without doing well with them like Obama, Clinton, and Biden there is very little chance to win. Suburban women still do not comprise enough of the party for Whitmer to win, and enough of the wwc have left which makes it even harder for Shapiro.
TheHegemonist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2023, 12:28:09 PM »

I like him and I think he'd be an effective candidate and probably a good President, however, he doesn't really have much of a national profile yet. He has a really good story to tell about himself (which I think for a presidential candidate does matter a lot) being an inner city kid who became a military man, gives back to his community, good public speaker from what I've seen, etc. His victory over several established candidates in the MD Dem gubernatorial primary was impressive but the general election was not competitive the way it was in states like Pennsylvania, Arizona, or Wisconsin. People are going to be worried about electability and while he's definitely a good campaigner I don't think he's proved his electability yet, so he'll have to overcome that or prove that if he wants to be the nominee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies