Public Office of the Spiral/Cathcon Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:53:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Spiral/Cathcon Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the Spiral/Cathcon Administration  (Read 1569 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2023, 12:08:04 PM by President Spiral »

Inaugural Address

Glorious people of Atlasia,

Thank you all for being here today on a momentous occasion for the nation, of which we have much to reflect on and to look forward to. After serving this great Republic in various forms and over various periods for the past decade, it is beyond humbling to claim the responsibility of being your President at this particular critical juncture. Speaking on a personal level, while Atlasia bears the scars of many past crises and inflection points, the events leading up to our current situation are ones in which I feel uniquely prepared to tackle. Together with studious patriots across all backgrounds and beliefs in Atlasia, we will indeed make great strides in addressing the moment.

Dual undercurrents have shaped where we stand today. On the one hand, a select few have taken it upon themselves to engage in scorched-earth, winner-takes-all tactics that undermine the trust and comraderary built throughout the game. All the while, an ever-creeping feeling of stagnation has incentivized those who wish to lash out or even withdraw altogether. These two factors are nothing new when we look at the grand course of our history. What is new, however, is the cumulative effects of recent vitriol ripping through past precedent and hitting a near-breaking point. We flirted institutionally with a quick demise from the higher powers, even higher than our esteemed Game Moderators.

This presidency and administration shall be fully devoted to breaking the paradigms. I pledge to you that I will be an honest broker, on a quest to restore Atlasia as a fun and fair haven for all us misfits. What is meant by "fun and fair"? For those who proudly flout the rules, stomp on others, and divide us further, there shall be accountability. For the vast majority of Atlasians who are simply seeking a balanced, enjoyable game experience once more, you will have no better allies in the White House.

Over the years, both Vice President Lumine and myself have frequently touted the need for major reforms. One hallmark of this administration that we hope to better realize will be the advancement of innovative changes to government and game structure. This shall be done with the direct input of you, the people, no matter your role or influence in the game. We will do our very best to be open and responsive to the needs of Atlasians across the political spectrum throughout this term.

As your Commander-in-Chief, I am prepared to make difficult decisions for how to both defend and unite this country. You will likely not agree with every call of mine. The spirit of Atlasia is to differ and debate, after all. For whatever areas of disagreement exist, however, my sole ambition and purpose as President is to build the platform for a new Atlasia: a nation that thrives under new ideas, new competition, and new energy. Through the will of Dave, along with Atlasian ingenuity, I believe we can achieve just that.

The time to pick up the pieces and chart a new path forward is now. Another way to put it: Let the games begin. May Dave bless this grand Republic of Atlasia we call home, and may Dave bless each and every one of you!

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 02:19:06 AM »

Announcements and Musings

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Vice President Lumine has confirmed his decision to retire from the office at the end of this current term. Throughout these months of service to the Atlasian people we have shared together, Lumine has been a steady rock as an advisor and a much needed voice of conscience—just as he always has. As a fellow long-time reformist and dueling aficionado, it has been a blast to thrive off of the same wavelength for how we tackle the issues of the day. During my lower points of the presidency, Lumine has always been there to lift me up and give the inspiration to keep going on behalf of you all. This will be something I'm always grateful for. I have said different variations of this publicly before, yet it still bears repeating: We have all been very lucky to have a man of this stature hold the office of Vice President. You will be deeply missed by my side, old friend.

This announcement unfortunately coincides with the unexpected news of former Chief Justice Windjammer departing from the Supreme Court and Atlasia. As another old friend of mine, I've seen the highs and lows of WJ's career—and everything in between. He rightfully kicked my ass once in a hot Senate race, where I only then realized all that he is capable of. For whatever can be said about his ways, "tenacious" would be one descriptor with broad consensus.  WJ has served this country well in various capacities, particularly making his mark as an effective leader of the Court through the harshest periods. The commanding influence and legal knowledge that he leaves behind will be quite a large gap to fill—even more than many of us think at first.

Please join me in properly recognizing these two titans of Atlasia for all of their hard-earned contributions. A decision on the vacant Justice seat shall be reached in the coming days, along with new announcements on the future of this administration.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 02:45:18 AM »

Thank you very much for these kind words.

I genuinely don't have the Time anymore to deal with the growing atlasian drama as I have been very busy. Since the Kavanaugh hearing, all factions have been looking to turn the court into a political arena and clearly I'm not going to be part of it. I admit this could bring some activity to the game but this isn't my belief of what the court should be.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 02:52:24 AM »

I salute Jambles and Lumine both for longstanding service to the game.
I wish them both the best in their future ventures.
For Jambles in particular, the man who recruited me, I wish him the absolute best.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 09:21:32 AM »

There comes a time in any man's fictional political career in which it is worthwhile to ask whether one contributes more by staying in office or by staying out of it. Right now, I think it's fair to say I have lost my energy for the game - it happens to me here and there, happens to all of us - in light of other committments, and as I told the President, he deserves a more active and engaged partner to help him in the task of delivering much needed change and dynamism to our Republic.

I have had the privilege to serve three good men as their Vice President. And though I may have lost my enthusiasm for the game for now, I have not lost my enthusiasm for the President and his Administration. He has my full, unyielding and enthusiastic support in what is to come, and the game could simply not ask for a better leader right now. We stand at the crossroads, ladies and gentlemen, at a decisive point in which we must seriously ask ourselves how we move forward in a simulation which is soon to reach twenty (twenty!) years of history.

This President, I believe, is our best and only hope of finding the right answers, lest we be all swallowed whole by indifference and staleness.

There is one public acknowledgement I must make: due to a combination of a lack of time and lack of energy I have not been able to fulfill all of my Vice Presidential duties in terms of the proper running of the Senate. President Pro Tempore Wulfric has taken it upon himself to fulfill those duties without being asked and without complaint, and his handling of the Senate has been smooth and efficient. Lord knows we have had violent personal disagreements, but I have nothing but gratitude for his performance.

He rightfully kicked my ass once in a hot Senate race, where I only then realized all that he is capable of.

You and me both, Mr. President.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 11:29:57 PM »

I was not the first or second or even third president to honor Lumine with an OSA, but my opinion is there still aren't enough people doing it.

Wishing him and Windjammer nothing but good for their future ventures in and out of the game.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 05:04:55 PM »

(Belated, Retroactive) Second Inaugural Address

Hear ye, hear ye, fellow Atlasians!

Thank you all for joining us here today. You have bestowed a great amount of trust and responsibility in this administration as we look forward to a second term of accomplishment. Our first term has already yielded tremendous, proven results: revolutionary in undertone, but practical in delivery. Among other policy initiatives, we have expanded workplace democracy, enshrined the right to cocaine, and supported our officers across Republic to seek greater justice in the law. A wave of Atlasian pride is being unleashed and erected with each passing day, all the way up to our new capital in the heartland. Structurally, we have resolved the excesses from the secession crisis through reforms like the Fair Democracy Amendment while pushing the door on some of the boldest regional experimentation yet.

Despite the screeds of perpetual cynics, I can confidently say that our Republic of Atlasia is on its way to roaring back. Now we must double down as a nation to make our greatest progress yet over these next four months. I extend an open hand to my friends across the political spectrum to dream big—and act big—as we embark on constitutional and game structure reforms touching every Atlasian. Nothing should be off limits as we debate the following: What is best for the beating heart of our Republic and all its civic tenets? What makes Atlasia our one and only home to duke it out and leave our imprint in the worlds of electioneering, legislating, and fundamental voter participation? The answers more often than not will cut through partisan lines and the standard ideological squabbles. It is our duty to give meaning to whatever it is we've been doing here.

During my first inaugural address, I said that you will likely not agree with every decision of mine. We must keep affairs interesting, after all. Now together with Vice President Cathcon, this administration continues to be wholly devoted to breaking the paradigms and exemplifying the best of Atlasia. This is our mission, all hands on deck, as we arrive to the dawn of the Republic's 20-year anniversary. Let us all do our very best to make 2024 and beyond some legendary years ahead!

Thank you all, and as always: Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 10:07:40 PM »

Announcement on the Future

Friends and fellow Atlasians,

The past few weeks have been of great reflection and, one could say, quiet solitude for some stretches. A series of regrettable personal events have transpired and taken their toll on me, curtailing my online time and disrupting what I had hoped to be more active involvement for the start of the new year. Indeed, the fault I have had in not doing more recently on behalf of the national agenda must be clearly communicated. You all deserve that, and I dearly apologize.

At every point during the deliberation of these cycles, I try to step back and weigh purpose: what is in the broader interest of our institutions, not just for my ambitions or that of certain groups. My initial run last June hoped to serve as a call to action against some of our then-ongoing destructive tendencies. Coming into office, our administration provided that check when we needed it most. Later, with my reelection campaign in October, we circled back to national unity and breaking down barriers for a better game. Though the arc of progress is often long, we have seen cracks in what was previously categorical opposition against each other, and with a hell of a mandate behind us to boot.

Coming into February, I approach the same question of purpose. There is the nagging, obvious notion of a record-breaking consecutive third term. This has not been lost on me and, in fact, has been highly tempting if anything. That is but a personal itch to be fulfilled, however, not reason alone. With the backdrop of personal circumstances, plus being cognizant of numerous other positive voices who should have their time in the spotlight, I have decided that I will not be running for reelection as President of Atlasia.

To all those across the spectrum who have vividly encouraged and pined for a third Spiral run, your continued support will always hold a special place in my heart. This is now the time for Atlasia to not hinge on just one voice in perpetuity like myself, though, but for us to let loose on the competitive spirits that have defined our game for now 20 years. On this twentieth anniversary, I already see the base for a highly fascinating election soon approaching our ballot boxes (not to mention various inboxes). I welcome and encourage all the candidates to continue making their cases for how the future of Atlasia should be decided.

As for your President, these next several weeks will be devoted to the best of my ability on tying loose ends. We shall address our gaps in the executive branch, work with the Senate on the issues of the day, and provide a just framework for success for whomever my successor may be. Above all the usual bickering and scheming, my greatest wish this election and beyond is to keep a level of harmony that I hope we've exemplified every day in this office. It is on us to continue making Atlasia the lovely fantasy land we take enjoyment from, not dread.

More to say, but that will be for another day. Until then: Dave bless you all, and let the races begin!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 10:13:00 PM »

Thank you for your service, Mr. President.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 10:14:56 PM »

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 10:17:00 PM »

reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2024, 10:22:30 PM »

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 11:45:01 PM »

Mr. President, your honor and commitment to the union has been monumental. You have inspired a new generation of Atlasians to rise up and make Atlasia the shining city on the hill once again. Even in light of some of our disagreements, you have always been civil and accommodating and your opposition has been logical and fair. Thank you for your service,  I wish you the best in your retirement,
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 11:54:52 AM »

Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 12:53:33 PM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 03:16:00 PM »

UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 03:52:21 PM »

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 07:02:54 PM »

You've been a truly magnificent President. Cheesy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 09:40:39 PM »

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2024, 10:56:00 AM »

Farewell Address

Fellow Atlasians,

This is my last statement to you while sitting in the office of the presidency. I come to this point largely satisfied and at peace with the progress we have made over these last eight months. We have just come off a raucous election, one rather suited for our twentieth anniversary, with clear fault lines between the campaigns and where turnout reached sky high levels not seen in years. The beating heart of civic participation still runs strong, I am proud to observe. I extend my very best wishes to President-elect TimTurner for the presidential journey he is about to embark upon. Every day brings new challenges, but much of the role is ultimately how you deem it fit with experimentation. I shall be around, both back as a Senator and as a citizen, to provide counsel as necessary and have our new President craft the best platform for future success. Allow me to also extend gratitude for Governor Sirius and former Senator OSR with sticking their necks out this last election cycle. Their own campaigns have ensured that as many Atlasians possible can be properly heard.

When I first stepped foot into the role of President, we faced massive headwinds in the national project. Partisanship and obstructionism were high, no doubt fueled by the then-palpable days of the secession crisis. We aim high but, of course, cannot always achieve the full scope of our heart's desires. No matter what cynical streaks were the trend, however, this office stayed above the mud. We showed leadership by example and proved what dynamic, positive coalition-building can accomplish. Reforms on the plight of workers, national security, regional rights, and even a proposed moving of the capital all could still be tackled or even accomplished. Atlasians have become more empowered than ever through our streak of direct democracy via various referenda. Our country is undoubtedly stronger, safer, and more at ease than when we first picked it up in July.

As far as personal accomplishments: I am proud to have become the first duly elected President from the Peace Party, to have shaken up our national party system for good, and to have been honored with a seismic reelection mandate from the glorious people. You have given me the trust and support to do my best in this job, and I will be forever grateful. It is my sincere hope that the time spent in the office by this particular elder will indeed nurture the way for even more up-and-coming leaders to rise like our President-elect. Look no further than folks like Deputy Attorney General John Dule for the possibilities ahead!

We cannot always rely on the future to be rosy, however. This must be earned by us all. Above everything, I implore our new President and the next generation of officeholders to not endlessly squalor in personal vendettas, smear campaigns, and other dirty tactics that have stained past years of the Republic. Our administration has shown there is another way: one which has torn down previous walls of division and rescrambled the playing field. I also urge our leaders in the coming months to explore new reforms in player engagement; from my eye, coalitions are more fluid than ever for what could be accomplished. From my new perch in Fremont, I shall do my part to continue building these critical bridges.

Though a list of possible people to thank is endless, I wish to give props to both my Vice Presidents, Lumine and Cathcon, for their sacrifices and willingness to hop onto the insanity of this game as a team. I will also always be indebted to my friends across party lines who have been indisposable over the last year, both for pushing new limits in our success and for trying to make Atlasia a better place. No matter where we may fall, we are all in this together. Let us continue to forge the Republic of Atlasia as a shining beacon of hope.

Davespeed,

President Spiral
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2024, 02:08:31 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies