Why are Republicans obsessed with Hunter Biden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:30:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are Republicans obsessed with Hunter Biden?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Why are Republicans obsessed with Hunter Biden?  (Read 1635 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2023, 10:02:21 PM »

What is it about Hunter Biden that Republicans are obsessed with?

It's like the new Benghazi.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 10:11:00 PM »

BDS.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 11:30:23 PM »

He's easier to criticize than Joe.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 11:35:27 PM »

Because it's easier to pull lame whatboutery than address Trump's own blatant criminal activities.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 01:29:00 AM »

First off, pure whataboutery and both sidesism to distract from Trump and somehow convinced low information voters that there's some Mega scandal in the White House because the presidents kid who has nothing to do with his administration is a bit shady.

Secondly, because they got nothing on Joe.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 04:09:26 AM »

The better answer is that they're just bad at politics. They can't figure out effective ways to criticize Biden and they're too out of touch to see or care that this isn't working.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 04:42:53 AM »

Republicans and their voters are always grasping at straws to show why Democrats and the left are bad. They need this stuff desperately because their own policies are bad and people tend not to like them when they actually find out how the policies work and stop believing the propaganda.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 06:30:30 AM »

The divide on the left and right over this is pretty entertaining as it is emblematic of the difference in the way the two sides view the role of family. The Right sees adult children as an extension of their parents and believes they are a reflection on one another, while the Left sees adult children as more independent of their parents and don’t tend to blame one for the other’s mistakes. This is grossly generalizing, of course, but it’s clear to me why conservatives constantly stress it while liberals couldn’t care less.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 06:56:12 AM »

to be fair, I've heard people make fun of Trump's kids more often than I've heard people say anything about Hunter.  (hell, I think I've heard more jokes about how much people care about Hunter Biden than I've heard people complain about him) Obviously there are differences in the details and reasons/excuses for both things, but there are some interesting thoughts to take away.  How would you respond to both of these stories if the shoes were swapped?  Imagine if Don Jr was accused and had the same evidence against him that Hunter does.  How different would that story be?  Would we have had "Why are Democrats obsessed with Don Jr?" 4 years ago?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 07:12:16 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2023, 07:17:11 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

They won't legislate they just talk about Hunter Biden and it's not affecting Biden as long as Trump is making major headlines in the news with all his felonies

Biden is up 10 in WI and 5 in PA he's not LOSING, why because the Rs concede 90% of the blk vote

Why won't Trump or DeSantis go to NAACP like Nixon did and he appointed Harry Blackmun to SCOTUS not Gorsuch so many times because they would be laughed at offering tax cuts for the wealthy in lieu of reparations and it's not blks that wants to be rich it's everyone because everyone plays the lottery

It's not just being rich it's being wealthy like George Clooney and he is a D with 50M
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2023, 07:29:03 AM »

to be fair, I've heard people make fun of Trump's kids more often than I've heard people say anything about Hunter.  (hell, I think I've heard more jokes about how much people care about Hunter Biden than I've heard people complain about him) Obviously there are differences in the details and reasons/excuses for both things, but there are some interesting thoughts to take away.  How would you respond to both of these stories if the shoes were swapped?  Imagine if Don Jr was accused and had the same evidence against him that Hunter does.  How different would that story be?  Would we have had "Why are Democrats obsessed with Don Jr?" 4 years ago?

3 of the 5, and one son in law were directly involved in the administration and grift.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2023, 07:39:35 AM »

3 of the 5, and one son in law were directly involved in the administration and grift.
k....and dontcha think Republicans would have had a field day with that info if that was Biden's story?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2023, 07:46:10 AM »

k....and dontcha think Republicans would have had a field day with that info if that was Biden's story?

Yeah, they would. And then it would be proper. But reverse it and Democrats would not be speaking about Tiffany and Barron’s laptop. But what we actually have is conservatives not understanding how everyone isn’t as corrupt as they are.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2023, 07:54:22 AM »

Yeah, they would. And then it would be proper. But reverse it and Democrats would not be speaking about Tiffany and Barron’s laptop. But what we actually have is conservatives not understanding how everyone isn’t as corrupt as they are.
wait wait wait, you don't think Hunter is corrupt?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2023, 11:41:14 AM »

Because he is the conduit through which influence with Joe Biden is obtained.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2023, 12:08:48 PM »

I think it's because Hunter Biden is an easy target who is the President's son. Anything to make the opposition look bad. Both sides do it.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2023, 12:10:31 PM »

wait wait wait, you don't think Hunter is corrupt?

I don't think he is corrupt. Trump is corrupt. Hunter is a misguided soul doing stupid sh*t.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2023, 12:38:46 PM »

Because Republicans want payback for the investigations into Trump and his kids.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2023, 12:47:16 PM »

Because Republicans want payback for the investigations into Trump and his kids.

My mind doesn't work this way, but I think you are right. They want payback. The Republicans are a vindictive bunch, starting with Trump.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2023, 07:45:01 PM »

"It's like the new Benghazi" is right. They feel like they had success with that and emailgate to destroy their most prominent opponent, so are trying to force another into existence. It was literally fabricated by some far-right author, I remember. The problem is that focusing on a politician's son is too removed for average Americans to care about and Biden wasn't focused on as an opponent as early as Clinton was whose reputation took hits over 25 years. They didn't really concentrate on Biden until 2019 or so when it culminated with Trump extorting Zelenskyy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2023, 05:44:11 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2023, 05:53:26 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

They got over on Lewinsky, it doesn't cover the fact that Fox news has been outed and being sued for false voting machines during the height of Docugate, Fox news was being sued

Fox news isn't real news it's like wrestling scripted and people buy season passes to watch wrestling and it's scripted too it's not a sport it's a circus match with acrobatics and Roids

Why do you think Rs are in a bind now they win in the 1990d solely based on Lewinsky and Gerrymandering when they got supermajority in the H, Tax cuts for the rich went out with the Reagan Revolution in 1992 when Clinton wom

If Mario Cuomo whom didn't run for to his Mafia ties or Jerry Brown without Lewinsky there would not have been a Decade long Conserv majority I. Congress it was solely based on Lewinsky that's why Ds came back in 2006/5008
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2023, 06:01:25 AM »

They have nothing on Joe so they’re grasping at straws.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2023, 06:15:12 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2023, 06:20:58 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

They have nothing on Joe so they’re grasping at straws.

It would be a great deal if Trump wasn't in the headlines and Trump keeps lying about 20 because blks and Brown put Biden ahead and in 2000 Bush W won because whites put him ahead

Just like 2020 we lost some wave insurance seats like in NC and ME on Tara Reade and Hunter Biden but that was pre J6

Trump makes himself a victim Do you think 20 was fair yes it was

The reason why it would be a big deal because Docugate and Hunter were the news headlines until NY indicted Trump

Biden still has to be interviewed by Murr on the Docugate it's not over yet, but the political fallout has been abated while Trump trials  and Trump will be on trial in Dec

Biden committed misdemeanors and Trump committed Felonies
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2023, 07:04:26 AM »

The divide on the left and right over this is pretty entertaining as it is emblematic of the difference in the way the two sides view the role of family. The Right sees adult children as an extension of their parents and believes they are a reflection on one another, while the Left sees adult children as more independent of their parents and don’t tend to blame one for the other’s mistakes. This is grossly generalizing, of course, but it’s clear to me why conservatives constantly stress it while liberals couldn’t care less.

I think this argument of Right has lost its relevance with Trump
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2023, 08:17:58 AM »

I think this argument of Right has lost its relevance with Trump

It certainly should have, but some people on the right have achieved truly remarkable levels of cognitive dissonance when it comes to anything concerning Trump.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies