Vosem v. Badger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:16:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Vosem v. Badger
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you prefer?
Badger

Vosem

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Vosem v. Badger  (Read 1035 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2023, 01:52:05 AM »

These two posters have been feuding a bit lately. Who do you like better?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 02:52:21 AM »

Who do you prefer:

(a) Badger or
(b)....

"(b)"!
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 09:47:23 PM »

I unironically like Badger a lot. Total Chad.

nothing against Vosem though, just don't agree with him about...anything really lol
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 11:12:49 PM »

Badger would be the only democrat who I could possibly vote for president
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 06:16:42 PM »

Badger
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »

Badger would be the only democratRepublican who I could possibly vote for president
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2023, 02:44:43 PM »

Vosem wins on the basis of his opinions and ability to write in English.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 03:34:59 PM »

The thing that I just don't get about Badger is why he made such a big deal about pretending to be a Republican. It's one thing to strategically vote in Republican primaries, fine whatever. But why have that impact your avatar and keep up that schtick here? Like for example if there was a Republican running in my ward and I protest voted for that Republican for City Council against the lousy options I have, and then put on a blue avatar and started insisting I was a Republican and made "As a Republican..." posts mocking the candidates they have and acting concerned about the party under Trump, everyone would call that a troll.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2023, 03:36:08 PM »

nothing against Vosem though, just don't agree with him about...anything really lol

I’ll quote John McCain for my thoughts on Vosem, “He's a decent family man, citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues.” Vosem is knowledgable and I enjoy reading what he has to say on things that aren’t strictly policy-based.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 06:12:05 PM »

Badger Badger Badger, I mean, come on! This should be obvious.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023, 08:39:11 PM »

Vosem is far more intellectually stimulating, but I would not want him to sit in the highest office in the land.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 08:38:37 AM »

I’ll quote John McCain for my thoughts on Vosem, “He's a decent family man, citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues.” Vosem is knowledgable and I enjoy reading what he has to say on things that aren’t strictly policy-based.

He writes Fuzzy-style nonsense, but unlike Fuzzy, he is never right.
Sumner 1868
Maps are a good thing
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 05:03:23 PM »

Badger has his issues but his landslide would be a tsunami.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2023, 11:47:06 PM »

The thing that I just don't get about Badger is why he made such a big deal about pretending to be a Republican. It's one thing to strategically vote in Republican primaries, fine whatever. But why have that impact your avatar and keep up that schtick here? Like for example if there was a Republican running in my ward and I protest voted for that Republican for City Council against the lousy options I have, and then put on a blue avatar and started insisting I was a Republican and made "As a Republican..." posts mocking the candidates they have and acting concerned about the party under Trump, everyone would call that a troll.

That is a legit question and I'll try to answer it. The short version is I was highly- in retrospect grossly overly - paranoid about my extensive past as a Democratic party activist coming to light to the Republican party in my new County while I attempted to ingratiate myself with them. Remember, I was Democratic County party chairman in my old County less than a year before I voted for my new boss in the Republican primary, and not long after that I started actively attending Republican meetings. In my quest to ingratiate myself enough to become a judge I was super paranoid that a couple phone calls could expose my past. After all, my former boss and my new boss both being elected County prosecutors new one another, and my old boss was thoroughly familiar from my working there for several years about my true political predilections.

So while I'm embarrassed to admit it now, yes, I switched my avatar here and aggressively argued about the few things I was somewhat conservative about at the time such as capital punishment because I was afraid- and oh I have trouble admitting this without laughing out loud - that somehow someway I would be tracked down and people would see I still had a rent Avatar. Lol! Otherwise I thought I could just argue the Democratic party and left me blah blah blah blah.

Ridiculous I know, but I was giving up everything I believed in for professional advancement to a dream job and was living a lie. That makes people say and do silly things to protect that lie.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2023, 11:49:30 PM »

Badger's decision to register as an R for what might be summed up as careerist reasons was valid enough, his decision to stop doing that was also valid. It's not too strange for people to do different things to get different ends anyway.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2023, 12:05:19 AM »

That is a legit question and I'll try to answer it. The short version is I was highly- in retrospect grossly overly - paranoid about my extensive past as a Democratic party activist coming to light to the Republican party in my new County while I attempted to ingratiate myself with them. Remember, I was Democratic County party chairman in my old County less than a year before I voted for my new boss in the Republican primary, and not long after that I started actively attending Republican meetings. In my quest to ingratiate myself enough to become a judge I was super paranoid that a couple phone calls could expose my past. After all, my former boss and my new boss both being elected County prosecutors new one another, and my old boss was thoroughly familiar from my working there for several years about my true political predilections.

So while I'm embarrassed to admit it now, yes, I switched my avatar here and aggressively argued about the few things I was somewhat conservative about at the time such as capital punishment because I was afraid- and oh I have trouble admitting this without laughing out loud - that somehow someway I would be tracked down and people would see I still had a rent Avatar. Lol! Otherwise I thought I could just argue the Democratic party and left me blah blah blah blah.

Ridiculous I know, but I was giving up everything I believed in for professional advancement to a dream job and was living a lie. That makes people say and do silly things to protect that lie.

I remember how in 2017-18 you tried to argue how your views were even more "Old School Republican" than mind lol.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2023, 07:11:35 PM »

Vosem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies