How would Phil Scott do if he had run for Governor of Texas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How would Phil Scott do if he had run for Governor of Texas?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would Phil Scott do if he had run for Governor of Texas?  (Read 797 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2023, 09:24:31 PM »

How would Phil Scott(R-VT) do in a GOP Primary for Governor in Texas?? If nominated, could he win the general?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 11:36:27 PM »

If he course he wins the general. But he has no chance in the primaries at all.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 01:29:39 AM »

He'd get, generously, 10% in the primary.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 05:16:01 AM »

He wouldn't survive the primary but if he did hypothetically, he'd be routinely censored by the party and possibly have to run for re-election as an independent. But it's more likely that if he actually survived the primary he'd lose to a Dem because of a lack of conservative turnout.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 11:58:29 PM »

Gets 1% in primary after being painted as a radical communist
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 08:31:55 PM »

He wouldn't survive the primary but if he did hypothetically, he'd be routinely censored by the party and possibly have to run for re-election as an independent. But it's more likely that if he actually survived the primary he'd lose to a Dem because of a lack of conservative turnout.
Would the conservatives endorse a 3rd party?
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 11:11:08 PM »

I doubt it unless they're able to unite behind a single candidate but I have a feeling they'll be several splinter ones like what happened IOTL when he ran but on a much larger scale.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 06:28:45 AM »

I doubt it unless they're able to unite behind a single candidate but I have a feeling they'll be several splinter ones like what happened IOTL when he ran but on a much larger scale.
I can just imagine the attack ads in the primary right now. "Phil Scott isn't a real Texan because he has made deals with Democrats" sounds like an ad they might run.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 12:49:42 PM »

I can just imagine the attack ads in the primary right now. "Phil Scott isn't a real Texan because he has made deals with Democrats" sounds like an ad they might run.
Sounds about right
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2023, 05:54:35 AM »

Sounds about right
True.
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 06:39:29 PM »

Phil Scott would only get maybe 5% of the vote in a primary, maybe even less.

But just for the purposes of this scenario, we're going to imagine Scott does make it out of the primary (how that happens can be left to your imagination, reader).

If Scott does become the Republican nominee for Governor of Texas, he would overperform Trump, Abbott, and Cruz in most counties, but he would underperform them in the underpopulated, rural counties in the northwest. Although conservatives would go to Scott but barely turnout, moderates and a decent chunk of liberals would go to Scott, thus biting off of a lot of potential votes for whomever the Democratic nominee may be.

But overall, I think he would win by 15-20 points, maybe more (or less) than that depending on how competent the Democratic nominee is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies