It is June 2016 and you are Hillary's campaign manager
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:54:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  It is June 2016 and you are Hillary's campaign manager
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It is June 2016 and you are Hillary's campaign manager  (Read 1826 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2023, 10:41:24 AM »

You are Hillary's campaign manager. You personally know the outcome, but Hillary does not. What do you do?
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 02:48:01 PM »

- I would tell her to run against “Trump-McConnell” the way her husband ran against “Dole-Gingrich” 20 years earlier, emphasizing the implications for the courts.

- I would tell her to aggressively campaign in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

- Attack Trump’s business record the way Obama attacked Romney’s business record.

- Don’t accuse Trump of being an isolationist. The above 3 states see “isolationist” as a compliment. Instead, argue that Trump is a neocon and don’t say that you want a no-fly zone over Syria.

- Tell Obama to fire James Comey.
Sumner 1868
Maps are a good thing
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 08:33:27 PM »

I think it's a bit late by then honestly. The nature of her primary campaign set her up as the "elite" candidate of excess identity politics and that was hard to shake. Doing a populist campaign from the start or having Cruz as the GOP candidate would have been her best bet.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 04:30:45 PM »

- I would tell her to aggressively campaign in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

She campaigned aggressively in Pennsylvania and had a bigger losing margin there than in Michigan and Wisconsin
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 08:04:40 PM »

I think it's a bit late by then honestly. The nature of her primary campaign set her up as the "elite" candidate of excess identity politics and that was hard to shake. Doing a populist campaign from the start or having Cruz as the GOP candidate would have been her best bet.
A different VP might have saved her.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 04:16:23 AM »

Yeah, I'd say a different VP. Kaine is a talented politician who probably actually helped with the Hispanic vote but picking somebody like Cory Booker would have been a better bet for her.
John Forbes Kerrygold 🧈
ObamasWaffle
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 01:18:09 PM »

Stop talking about how dangerous and offensive Trump is (even when you’re absolutely correct), start talking about jobs, healthcare and the Supreme Court. Choose Sherrod Brown as your running mate and let him go full populist on the stump. Make the most of the Bernie endorsement, give him some major concessions, and send him to Michigan.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 02:43:19 PM »

She campaigned aggressively in Pennsylvania and had a bigger losing margin there than in Michigan and Wisconsin

She didn't focus enough on northeastern PA (i.e. the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area) - it was this area which had the most significant shift toward Trump and was thus most instrumental in him winning the state overall.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 04:35:42 PM »

Tell her to choose Cory Booker as a running mate, and run a campaign based on free and fair trade, a public option, and attacking Trump's business record
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2024, 08:45:16 AM »

Don't sleep on Arizona, Georgia, and barnstorm Jacksonville and the I-4 in Florida, and run on reducing student debt.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 12:52:53 PM »

1. Form a unity commission with Bernie Sanders and get his imput for VP. Someone progressive and from Midwest

2. Campaign a lot more in WI and MI

3. Tell Obama to fire James Comey
Obama24
Rookie
United States
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 04:23:06 AM »

Listen to Bill Clinton's advice and have him campaign in the Rust Belt heavily for you.

Tie Trump to the GOP and minimize him by making your message one about the economy, building a new economy. Don't focus on social justice issues anywhere near as much. Don't make stupid gaffes like the hot sauce gaffee.

Minimize Trump by talking about the issues while your VP is the attack dog (ala Eisenhower/Nixon).

Grab Cory Booker or someone like him as VP. If not Booker, grab someone from Kansas or Michigan.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2024, 05:55:58 AM »

Choose Sherrod Brown as your running mate and let him go full populist on the stump.

And gift a senate seat to Republicans that won't come back for a long time?
Do you people even think before you write your next brilliant idea?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies