What’s more precious to America, Football or Jesus?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:32:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What’s more precious to America, Football or Jesus?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Football

Jesus

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: What’s more precious to America, Football or Jesus?  (Read 346 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2023, 09:21:46 AM »

I swear I’ve had more people try to make me like Football than I’ve had people try to convert me to Christianity lol. Football’s not my thing, but I can get why people like it. What have never understood though is why so many people are so zealous about it
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 11:52:57 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2023, 11:58:33 AM by Meclazine »

NASCAR.

In capital letters son.

It is an interesting sport in terms of the fan base. They are the most loyal fans on the planet bar none.

And when they follow a car, they rarely say the driver's name. They usually say the car number.

When the driver's get out of the car at the end of the race, they just call their car the [Sponsor] Chevy or the [Sponsor] Toyota.

I also like Indy Car. That is a very dangerous series when on ovals. Dan Wheldon died at Las Vegas driving those things.

Dan Wheldon Crash

https://youtu.be/YsataYtOJfs

R.I.P.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 12:55:46 AM »

I swear I’ve had more people try to make me like Football than I’ve had people try to convert me to Christianity lol.

TEBOWING!
Source: Wikipedia - Ed Clemente Photography (Creative Commons)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 05:13:11 AM »

average weekly viewers of games is 16.7 million Americans, that's like 5%.  The Super Bowl is watched by a 100 million Americans, that's less than a third.  That's about the percentage of Americans who go to a religious service at least once a month.  Going to service at least once a year (like the Super Bowl) is going to be far higher than that (I've seen numbers from 70-80%).

I declare God (in general) to be more important than the NFL, though I would imagine American Football at all levels is more popular than Christianity/Jesus.  And since that is your questions, I'm going to have vote for Football.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 05:15:46 AM »

thinking about this more, it's far easier to "watch" football, than it is to "got to church".  I bet if you asked every American to list the ten most important things in their life, "god" will top "football" 85-90% of the time (of those that list either, millions of Americans wouldn't put either in their top ten, I certainly wouldn't).
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 05:18:41 AM »

Obviously Jesus. I never watch football and I would only watch the Super Bowl if the Cowboys actually made it, just in honor of my dad and also the fact that Hampton Roads is full of diehard fans.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 09:16:23 AM »

More Americans would probably say Jesus.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023, 09:59:39 AM »

I swear I’ve had more people try to make me like Football than I’ve had people try to convert me to Christianity lol. Football’s not my thing, but I can get why people like it. What have never understood though is why so many people are so zealous about it
Sometimes, they are found in the same room.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies