Ron Paul rips the federal reserve
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:01:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Ron Paul rips the federal reserve
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ron Paul rips the federal reserve  (Read 4530 times)
Jeff556
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2007, 07:58:55 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kxTkhwR_Q&mode=related&search=

Enjoy. =)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »

dude, I am not going to YouTube simply to watch a pol...YouTube is for entertainment...something along the lines of:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
Jeff556
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »

dude, I am not going to YouTube simply to watch a pol...YouTube is for entertainment...something along the lines of:

Are you kidding me? Did you really just say that?

First off, you make "going to YouTube" sound like you have to climb a 955456456784 foot mountain with handcuffs on when all you have to do is click on the link and watch the five minute video play.

Second, Youtube is the same as any kind of media, the radio, your television, the newspaper, an internet web site, etc. All these types of media can be used for many different purposes, they can be used as a tool for entertainment and they can be used to voice political arguements. Youtube is a media used by millions of americans for many different purposes and it has made its creators BILLIONS of dollars. Do you really think a global billion dollar media tool is used just for idiotic videos like the one you just posted? Your arguement implies that media itself is soley for entertainment.

I have been posting on the internet for about ten years now, and if this is not one of the dumbest responses to any thread that i have started it is certainly in the top 5.

Dude, go out and surf or something and leave the political arguements to the intellectuals. Every moment that you spend on this forum is a waste of your time.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »

Are you kidding me? Did you really just say that?

First off, you make "going to YouTube" sound like you have to climb a 955456456784 foot mountain with handcuffs on when all you have to do is click on the link and watch the five minute video play.

Second, Youtube is the same as any kind of media, the radio, your television, the newspaper, an internet web site, etc. All these types of media can be used for many different purposes, they can be used as a tool for entertainment and they can be used to voice political arguements. Youtube is a media used by millions of americans for many different purposes and it has made its creators BILLIONS of dollars. Do you really think a global billion dollar media tool is used just for idiotic videos like the one you just posted? Your arguement implies that media itself is soley for entertainment.

I have been posting on the internet for about ten years now, and if this is not one of the dumbest responses to any thread that i have started it is certainly in the top 5.

Dude, go out and surf or something and leave the political arguements to the intellectuals. Every moment that you spend on this forum is a waste of your time.

Let me put it to you another way:  People who post/watch political crap on YouTube for strictly political reasons need to lighten up and get a life.  That means you.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:58:36 AM »

oh, and BTW, welcome to the forum...and don't let this kind of thread happen again!
Jeff556
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 10:15:58 AM »

I would like to return this thread back to its original purpose so here is the video again:

If anyone would like to discuss the video then please post here. If you have a problem with the media I am using please send me an email or a private message.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »

I would like to return this thread back to its original purpose so here is the video again:

If anyone would like to discuss the video then please post here. If you have a problem with the media I am using please send me an email or a private message.

Ok, my man, you go for it.  I'll just hang loose.  Go ahead.  You won't even notice me.  While you try to find someone to talk to you, I'll just stand over here and watch your back for you.  Better than watching your front, lemme tell you. Much easier to watch.

Hey! Yo! My main man! Have you met Mike Naso yet?  Lemme tell you somethin, Mike Naso has something for you.  You should talk to him.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »

Ok, my man, you go for it.  I'll just hang loose.  Go ahead.  You won't even notice me.  While you try to find someone to talk to you, I'll just stand over here and watch your back for you.  Better than watching your front, lemme tell you. Much easier to watch.

Hey! Yo! My main man! Have you met Mike Naso yet?  Lemme tell you somethin, Mike Naso has something for you.  You should talk to him.

Are you drunk man?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »

Of course not.  I'm sitting in the Shell office in London waiting for word from Houston whether or not the scripts ran successfully.  Why do you ask?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »

Folks, I have better things to do than to use You Tube to watch a piece of meaningless video.  Since Ron Paul tearing the Federal Reserve a new one is not newsworthy in the least, I'll find other ways to waste my time.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »

No need to watch the video. The federal reserve sucks to begin with.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 07:24:19 PM »

The federal reserve is quite helpful in keeping our monetary policy in balance. Unless you have much more money than you need, inflation is your enemy- the fed keeps a nice balance between healthy growth and tame inflation. Little else in the federal government is actually helpful to the poor and working class (unless you think handouts are truly helpful). If your monthly budget is tight, you want the feds to keep inflation under control.
Jeff556
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »

The federal reserve is quite helpful in keeping our monetary policy in balance. Unless you have much more money than you need, inflation is your enemy- the fed keeps a nice balance between healthy growth and tame inflation. Little else in the federal government is actually helpful to the poor and working class (unless you think handouts are truly helpful). If your monthly budget is tight, you want the feds to keep inflation under control.

Whats this? Someone is actually making an arguement instead of responding with some one-lined insult? I agree with you the infliation is our enemy but the fastest way to infliation is when you have a goverment that spends money that they don't have and when you have a private bank that operates with no oversight and pumps who-knows amount of dollars into the economy. As Ron Paul said in the video the dollar today is only worth four cents compared to the dollar that the federal reserve started with.

The fed does CONTROL infliation there is no doubt about it, but do they control it for the better or for the worse?

I do believe that our goverment should be able to borrow money because as Thomas Jefferson said other nations would be able to destroy us with the power of their credit, but I dislike our current system and I am very suspicious of putting the power to create the nations money supply in the hands of people like Alan Greenspan. The goverment borrows and spends way to much and the federal reserve is always happy to print the money for them because it doesn't cost them jack sh**t to print a dollar and yet we have to pay interest on it with our labor. When you are trillions and trillions of dollars in dept you are paying a sh**tload of interest no matter how low the rate is (and the interest rate on the national dept is certainly not low).  Remember, infliation hurts the middle and poor class but benefits the rich, and right now its the rich who control our economy with no oversight or accountablility. Should we, as taxpayers just simply trust these rich private bankers to do what is right for the people instead of what is right for them?

But whatever, I am not an expert but the whole federal reserve system is just very fishy to me.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 01:39:17 PM »

The goverment borrows and spends way to much and the federal reserve is always happy to print the money for them because it doesn't cost them jack sh**t to print a dollar and yet we have to pay interest on it with our labor.

Yo, my main man, your facts are jacked up.  You got your crack mixed up with your crank.  The Federal Reserve homies don’t print money to cover the Federal deficit, rather the government homies borrow the money from the public through the selling of bonds.  Basically the public is willing to front the government some cash in return for an IOU (a bond).

So, there is no need to go sportin a beef and poppin caps over a somethin your mind can’t comprehend. 

So word up: Instead of thinking you’re a man on a mission, you should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas. 
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 02:35:56 PM »

you should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas. 

Well, at least until human voices wake us and we drown.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 07:16:28 PM »

RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 ......lolz.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 10:43:52 PM »

Roll Eyes and Alcon says this forum doesn't have an anti-libertarian bias.

I may watch...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 01:00:23 AM »

The goverment borrows and spends way to much and the federal reserve is always happy to print the money for them because it doesn't cost them jack sh**t to print a dollar and yet we have to pay interest on it with our labor.

Yo, my main man, your facts are jacked up.  You got your crack mixed up with your crank.  The Federal Reserve homies don’t print money to cover the Federal deficit, rather the government homies borrow the money from the public through the selling of bonds.  Basically the public is willing to front the government some cash in return for an IOU (a bond).

So, there is no need to go sportin a beef and poppin caps over a somethin your mind can’t comprehend. 

So word up: Instead of thinking you’re a man on a mission, you should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas. 

I about fell out of my chair on that one. lol
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 01:00:56 AM »

Don't make fun of your next president.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 01:10:24 AM »

Roll Eyes and Alcon says this forum doesn't have an anti-libertarian bias.

I may watch...

Not relative to the United States...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »

i thought you democrats liked paul?

i dont.

he is a poorhater (who looks disturbingly sick).  i think paul should go get a physical and a battery of tests.  he doesnt look well.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 03:25:15 PM »

holy crap I suddenly love you
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »

i dont.

he is a poorhater (who looks disturbingly sick).  i think paul should go get a physical and a battery of tests.  he doesnt look well.

If you actually watch the video, he makes the case that the Fed is ruining the lives of the poor and middle-class by making their dollar useless. 

But, then you refuse to learn anything outside your world veiws, don't you?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

i dont.

If you actually watch the video, he makes the case that the Fed is ruining the lives of the poor and middle-class by making their dollar useless. 

But, then you refuse to learn anything outside your world veiws, don't you?

i know what ron paul stands for.

and unless you are in the top 2% financially, and/or have a cache of weaponry in your house it is foolish to support someone like him.

so, i dont really understand why the so called 'liberals' on this site have orgasms over paul. "OMG OUT OF IRAQ!!11"  ugh.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »

Don't make fun of your next president.

Sorry sir.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies