DeSantis gets his biggest endorsement yet.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:14:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  DeSantis gets his biggest endorsement yet.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DeSantis gets his biggest endorsement yet.  (Read 1499 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2023, 01:40:44 PM »

Even with Youngkin on the ticket, DeSantis isn't winning VA.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2023, 01:43:10 PM »

Even with Youngkin on the ticket, DeSantis isn't winning VA.

It's equally ridiculous to the suggestion that he'd win New Hampshire with Sununu on the ticket.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2023, 01:03:15 AM »

If this is true at all this is very big for DeSantis...

VA Governor Youngkin, Lt. Governor Sears and Attorney General Miyares are set to endorse the Florida Governor shortly after the VA Legislative Primaries on June 20th

Don't get my wrong, the Stitt Endorsement was nice BUT getting the 3 VA Statewide Officeholders all at once and them acting as Top Surrogates in IA, NH and SC is monumental.

To some extent, I wonder if endorsements might actually be a negative for DeSantis if Republican voters feel like "the establishment" is trying to force DeSantis upon them. Mind you Youngkin and especially Stitt aren't exactly the Republican's base favourite politicians in general.

Feel like a large part of Trump's appeal to voters (even today) is being anti-establishment and winning even when it seems like the entire political system is against him. Having all these "establishment" Republican politicians endorsing DeSantis might re-inforce this belief for many. One could also argue those voters were never going to be swayable in a primary anyways.

What's wrong with Stitt? Did I miss something? He seems pretty solidly conservative and MAGA to me.

I mean I know he underperformed in OK-GOV last year quite a bit but I supposed that was mainly due to Hofmeister being a great quality candidate.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2023, 01:09:08 AM »

If this is true at all this is very big for DeSantis...

VA Governor Youngkin, Lt. Governor Sears and Attorney General Miyares are set to endorse the Florida Governor shortly after the VA Legislative Primaries on June 20th

Don't get my wrong, the Stitt Endorsement was nice BUT getting the 3 VA Statewide Officeholders all at once and them acting as Top Surrogates in IA, NH and SC is monumental.

To some extent, I wonder if endorsements might actually be a negative for DeSantis if Republican voters feel like "the establishment" is trying to force DeSantis upon them. Mind you Youngkin and especially Stitt aren't exactly the Republican's base favourite politicians in general.

Feel like a large part of Trump's appeal to voters (even today) is being anti-establishment and winning even when it seems like the entire political system is against him. Having all these "establishment" Republican politicians endorsing DeSantis might re-inforce this belief for many. One could also argue those voters were never going to be swayable in a primary anyways.

What's wrong with Stitt? Did I miss something? He seems pretty solidly conservative and MAGA to me.

I mean I know he underperformed in OK-GOV last year quite a bit but I supposed that was mainly due to Hofmeister being a great quality candidate.

Stitt is like Tate Reeves. Generically conservative on social issues but just so horribly incompetent and a Brownback-like economic libertarian that literally everyone hates them.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2023, 09:12:59 AM »

So, VA GOP primaries were two days ago.  I can't find any coverage of Youngkin, Sears, or Miyares endorsing DeSantis. Are they waiting, or possibly reconsidering?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies