This is personal for Christie, he sees Trump as a grave danger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:12:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  This is personal for Christie, he sees Trump as a grave danger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: This is personal for Christie, he sees Trump as a grave danger  (Read 1002 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2023, 05:33:30 PM »

He will be in New Hampshire from now til February 2024. This is personal. He sees Trump as a grave danger to the country and he may pick Liz Cheney as his running mate to send a message to Independent voters.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 06:06:26 PM »

Christie isn’t trying to become the nominee, he’s trying to take out Trump and make that what he’s remembered for.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 07:08:25 PM »

He doesn't hate Trump cause of "muh democracy". He hates Trump cause he was gonna be VP until Kushner cucked him. And he also hates Trump because Trump gave him the COVID that almost killed him in 2020 and then attacked him over it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 08:12:59 PM »

He doesn't hate Trump cause of "muh democracy". He hates Trump cause he was gonna be VP until Kushner cucked him. And he also hates Trump because Trump gave him the COVID that almost killed him in 2020 and then attacked him over it.

People can do the right things for the wrong reasons. It’s better than doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason like you do.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 09:25:21 PM »

Sometimes the politically expedient can combine with what is morally right.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »

Christie isn’t trying to become the nominee, he’s trying to take out Trump and make that what he’s remembered for.

Never thought I'd be posting this.

Vader=Christie
Emperor=Trump
Luke=Biden

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 09:37:27 PM »

I understand that in a land where your army gets "cucked" by emus, everything might be backwards and so you might not respect the concept of democracy. But sneeringly sweeping it aside with a disgusting phrase like "muh democracy" proves you are true fascist scum. You do NOT care AT ALL about democracy. At least you are open about it, I guess, unlike some who downplay the events of 1/6 and still pretend to care about democracy anyway.

Also, if you haven't noticed, Trump's ACTUAL VP choice is ALSO running, ALSO in part because of 1/6 when Trump supporters literally formed lynch mobs to hang him.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 09:58:06 PM »

I understand that in a land where your army gets "cucked" by emus, everything might be backwards and so you might not respect the concept of democracy. But sneeringly sweeping it aside with a disgusting phrase like "muh democracy" proves you are true fascist scum. You do NOT care AT ALL about democracy. At least you are open about it, I guess, unlike some who downplay the events of 1/6 and still pretend to care about democracy anyway.

Also, if you haven't noticed, Trump's ACTUAL VP choice is ALSO running, ALSO in part because of 1/6 when Trump supporters literally formed lynch mobs to hang him.
1/6 wasn't a big deal. A minor riot where a few people got hurt is treated as a massive deal compared to much more devastating riots that hurt more people. And that's only because politicians are egotists who believe they're more important than the poor working class who were hurt by the Floyd riots, Pelosi and AOC are scared of the actual people.

And also yeah I don't care about democracy, in fact I think it should be destroyed so we can start again with a new, better democracy. However that doesn't mean I think 1/6 was a big deal.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2023, 10:16:26 PM »

Are we just going to forget that Christie was Trump’s first gubernatorial endorsement in 2016? This is entirely spiteful for Trump not returning the favor with the VP nod or a cabinet spot.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2023, 11:11:37 PM »

Sometimes I wish I was Christie so I could zealously attack Trump with impunity.
Epaminondas

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2023, 01:55:20 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2023, 03:28:50 AM by Epaminondas »

An ego to rival Drumpf's.
When Trump doesn't even appear on the debate stage, Chris Christie will unload on DeSantis, and end up speeding up the outcome he wants to avoid.

And also yeah I don't care about democracy, in fact I think it should be destroyed so we can start again with a new, better democracy. However that doesn't mean I think 1/6 was a big deal.

I hear myself when I was 14. You seem to have never actually lived or worked in a country without democracy, at least surface-level democracy like the US. You should try, it would open your eyes to the reason that most mature and educated adults avoid dictatorships when the can.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2023, 04:03:32 AM »

Because you sound like an angry 14 year old, all I’ll say is I hope some day you get enough perspective to be embarrassed at the drivel you post.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2023, 04:41:52 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2023, 04:58:11 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Christie is at 1 percentage pts in polls, look at the VA poll yea down at 1 percentage pts
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 06:17:54 AM »

An ego to rival Drumpf's.
When Trump doesn't even appear on the debate stage, Chris Christie will unload on DeSantis, and end up speeding up the outcome he wants to avoid.

I hear myself when I was 14. You seem to have never actually lived or worked in a country without democracy, at least surface-level democracy like the US. You should try, it would open your eyes to the reason that most mature and educated adults avoid dictatorships when the can.
I'm not saying we need a dictatorship, I'm saying we need a breakdown of society to fix society.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 09:42:36 AM »

Would be easier to take seriously if he hadn't actively helped Trump in 2016 win both the primary and later the general.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2023, 09:47:16 AM »

Even if he was VP, he would have done the same as Pence on 1/6 and refuse to attempt a coup. The result would have been the same, just with the terrorist mob screaming "h*ng Chris Christie" instead.

Christie may have his personal agenda behind the run, but I'd easily prefer someone who can critically reflect on their past mistakes and show some self-awarness rather than someone with a personality disorder like Trump who in his mind has never done something wrong in life.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 09:51:22 AM »

Even if he was VP, he would have done the same as Pence on 1/6 and refuse to attempt a coup. The result would have been the same, just with the terrorist mob screaming "h*ng Chris Christie" instead.

Christie may have his personal agenda behind the run, but I'd easily prefer someone who can critically reflect on their past mistakes and show some self-awarness rather than someone with a personality disorder like Trump who in his mind has never done something wrong in life.

Graham said that Rs had no standing to challenge since they were the Minority in S anyways I'd the Rs won GA Pence would of had better standing to challenge the Eday McConnell folded so did Pence

The Rs lost the S they didn't want to give 2K checks we still need one more check a Secular Congress will do that 52/48 S aaZ, OH, MT MO and TX  and 232 DH Biden is leading Trump and DeSantis by 7 48/41 they cede 90 percentage pts of blk vote

Biden is up 16 im VA with YOUNGKIN that's a blue wave
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2023, 10:09:03 AM »

Chris Christie is probably one of the top 5 most responsible people for Trump winning in 2016. But-for his debate performance, Rubio wins a clear second in NH, consolidates the anti-Trump/establishment lane, and wins SC. After that, the party successfully forces him down the electorate’s throat as GOP nominee.

I wonder how often the man thinks about this.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »

Chris Christie is probably one of the top 5 most responsible people for Trump winning in 2016. But-for his debate performance, Rubio wins a clear second in NH, consolidates the anti-Trump/establishment lane, and wins SC. After that, the party successfully forces him down the electorate’s throat as GOP nominee.

It's pretty obvious that the reason he is running now is because he wants to do the same to Trump in one of these debates.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2023, 01:32:13 PM »

It's pretty obvious that the reason he is running now is because he wants to do the same to Trump in one of these debates.

It won't work. That's the problem for him. If he was serious about even this, he should've aimed for 2020 ala Buchanan or McCarthy or Ted Kennedy.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2023, 03:13:35 PM »

Uh Chris, when we add "pork" to the bills, we don't mean actual pork!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »

"Let's dispense with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2023, 05:06:18 PM »

"Let's dispense with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing."

Dispel, not dispense, right?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2023, 05:44:28 PM »

I have a feeling that Christie doesn't know what he's doing either.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2023, 04:38:48 AM »

I'm not saying we need a dictatorship, I'm saying we need a breakdown of society to fix society.

What does this ACTUALLY mean, in specific, practical terms? Because to me, it either sounds like nonsense or something very very bad. Prove me wrong here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies