2025 NYC Mayor poll: Adams leads in primary and GE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2025 NYC Mayor poll: Adams leads in primary and GE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2025 NYC Mayor poll: Adams leads in primary and GE  (Read 1627 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2023, 10:44:40 AM »

It's very early, but leaving this here for the record. There's not a subboard yet for 2025 polls.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 11:24:35 AM »

I don't particularly like the guy but it's clear New Yorkers do. I think a presidential run in 28 is quite likely.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 11:34:53 AM »

Adams definitely could lose the Democratic Primary if any Democrat in the Congressional Delegation (even AOC) decided to challenge him.

Someone like Grace Meng or Dan Goldman would win easily, and I think Adriano Espaillat would also win a head-to-head primary against Adams. (In fact the only Democrat in the City's delegation who wouldn't win is Hakeem Jeffries, largely because I doubt he'd run as the sitting House Minority Leader.)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 11:42:59 AM »

I like Adams and doubt I would find a preferable alternative who could get elected.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 03:56:10 PM »

A Republican can't win NYC anymore.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 03:58:26 PM »

This. The Giuliani Bloomberg Era is over, even if crime rises,  Adams or Garcia type wins.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 05:04:48 PM »

Way too early even though I agree that Adams has this mayoral position for as long as he wants it.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2023, 05:15:35 PM »

Adams is widely seen as an improvement over De Blasio, which is going to go a long way to cover up for a lot of his...eccentricities.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 10:18:37 PM »

Adams is not losing the primary. He has the black vote locked up.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 04:45:54 PM »

I don't particularly like the guy but it's clear New Yorkers do. I think a presidential run in 28 is quite likely.

He’s actually not very popular at all, and the 2021 primary and GE shows he’s deeply overrated electorally. He’s vulnerable in 2025 if the right candidate shows up.
AelroseB

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2023, 05:22:58 PM »

Deeply unpopular among Democrats and Republicans.  A Democratic challenger who could unite ethnic voting blocks--Hasidim and Asians, especially--alongside Manhattan, Williamsburg, and Long Island City/Astoria Whites would trounce Adams in a primary.  The question is--who could that candidate be, if anyone?  I would be most curious to see an AOC run, but someone like Nadler might better fit the bill.  I doubt either would like to leave their congressional run in favor of the mayorship, however.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2023, 07:59:33 PM »

I find it interesting how the poll shows Adams' favorables pretty solid with conservatives and liberals but very divided amongst moderates
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2023, 08:13:16 PM »

Deeply unpopular among Democrats and Republicans.  A Democratic challenger who could unite ethnic voting blocks--Hasidim and Asians, especially--alongside Manhattan, Williamsburg, and Long Island City/Astoria Whites would trounce Adams in a primary.  The question is--who could that candidate be, if anyone?  I would be most curious to see an AOC run, but someone like Nadler might better fit the bill.  I doubt either would like to leave their congressional run in favor of the mayorship, however.

Hasidm are almost certainly going to vote for the Republican barring something odd happening (like bribery).
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2023, 09:19:38 PM »

Adams definitely could lose the Democratic Primary if any Democrat in the Congressional Delegation (even AOC) decided to challenge him.

Someone like Grace Meng or Dan Goldman would win easily, and I think Adriano Espaillat would also win a head-to-head primary against Adams. (In fact the only Democrat in the City's delegation who wouldn't win is Hakeem Jeffries, largely because I doubt he'd run as the sitting House Minority Leader.)

I'm not convinced any of them would beat Adams, and AOC would be crushed.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2023, 11:34:36 PM »

Hasidm are almost certainly going to vote for the Republican barring something odd happening (like bribery).

Bribery wouldn't be something odd. It's how Hasidic politics works.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2023, 11:38:57 PM »

The Hasids are overwhelmingly registered Democrats so even if they vote Republican in the general election they'll still be able to vote in the only election that matters.
CelestialAlchemy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2023, 02:30:33 PM »

NYC seems to like incumbents in the mayoral office, even if they're personally unpopular? So I think Adams is safe.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2023, 05:39:36 PM »

NYC seems to like incumbents in the mayoral office, even if they're personally unpopular? So I think Adams is safe.
If there's a defining trait about NYC mayors, it's that they're never popular. It isn't about what the residents think, it is more that there is such a high opportunity cost for going up against a mayor that most would rather sit on the bleachers until the mayor refuses to run again.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2023, 05:46:56 AM »

This poll shows one leading by a wide margin
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2023, 09:24:37 PM »

RIP New York City, rewarding this clown with another term will be a disaster.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2023, 06:35:15 AM »

I wonder how Bragg would do against him
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2023, 08:09:17 AM »

It would take a juicy scandal to bring the mayor down I suspect. My impression is that he is mediocre, and sometimes the devil you know is better than someone new. Adams seems to have a pretty solid hold on his black base.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2023, 10:35:15 AM »

If there's a defining trait about NYC mayors, it's that they're never popular. It isn't about what the residents think, it is more that there is such a high opportunity cost for going up against a mayor that most would rather sit on the bleachers until the mayor refuses to run again.

This. Which is why the person who is seemingly right now making the most noise about potentially challenging Adams is Yuh-Line Niou: someone out of office but still with significant credibility among certain constituencies.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2023, 10:47:15 AM »

It would take a juicy scandal to bring the mayor down I suspect. My impression is that he is mediocre, and sometimes the devil you know is better than someone new. Adams seems to have a pretty solid hold on his black base.

Isn’t a bribery scandal unfolding rn?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2023, 11:20:03 AM »

Save them, Yuh-Line Niou! Save them!!!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies