I attempted suicide
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I attempted suicide
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I attempted suicide  (Read 748 times)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2023, 11:32:26 AM »

I tried to slit my wrist with a round knife. I have been unmedicated for three days now.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 12:18:12 PM »

Why did you try to commit suicide?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 01:07:29 PM »

Bro, please, please get some help if you need it.

Here are a few resources I found with a quick Google search that are supposedly Brazilian and in Portuguese/English if you need them.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 01:15:38 PM »

Do we have anybody who can check in on Leonel?

And Leonel: please please talk to someone and ask for help.  If you need someone to vent to without judgment, my inbox is always open, but this is something where a professional is needed. 

Just known that you're loved and valuable.  Nothing can ever replace you should anything happen.  PLEASE reach out to somebody.  
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 01:20:00 PM »

Leonel, I have criticized you in the past but I earnestly pray that you seek a psychologist in your area. If you are unable to, there are therapists that do telehealth. I don't think Atlas is a good place for you to be at this time. Please look at the site Primadonna linked to.

I have exactly four suicide attempts under my belt. I understand how hard it can get.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 01:32:50 PM »

This would be a good opportunity for a mental health ban. If this guy is serious, his past posts demonstrate that this site is negatively affecting his mental health. If he’s not serious, he’s a troll. Either way he should be banned.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 01:35:50 PM »

This would be a good opportunity for a mental health ban. If this guy is serious, his past posts demonstrate that this site is negatively affecting his mental health. If he’s not serious, he’s a troll. Either way he should be banned.

I feel like a 30-day mental health break might be a better middle-ground and more beneficial than a ban if anything.

Hopefully, he takes that time to pursue some resources to find coping mechanisms for whatever he's going through (with which I deeply empathize, don't mistake me) and then we revisit it afterward.

It's all love Leonel, fr. I don't have a ';' tattooed on my wrist for nothing.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 01:45:46 PM »

I concur with others that you should seek medical attention.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 02:19:28 PM »

It's incredibly cruel how this website keeps mentally ill people around to laugh at.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 03:30:29 PM »

I wish you the best, Leonel.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2023, 03:46:03 PM »

Don't do anything more to yourself.  Now is the time to talk to as many caring and supportive people as possible.  You need people right now most of all.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2023, 04:32:03 PM »

Please seek out someone outside of this website. There are people who can help you, but this is not a good place to look for said people.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2023, 04:40:55 PM »

You need help. I don't know what you mean by "unmedicated for three days." You stopped taking meds prescribed to you without consulting a doctor? If so you should probably resume taking them immediately. Definitely need to talk to a mental health professional immediately. This post seems like a cry for help but there's not really much anyone here can do or is qualified to do. Literally, seek help.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 05:43:41 PM »

It's incredibly cruel how this website keeps mentally ill people around to laugh at.

I’ve been saying this for years, but sadly the message doesn’t seem to be getting through to the empathetic leftists of this site.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 05:46:10 PM »

I’ve been saying this for years, but sadly the message doesn’t seem to be getting through to the empathetic leftists of this site.

A lot of them think that the anti-social behavior of mentally ill people should be embraced, celebrated, and accepted in society.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 05:59:14 PM »

Quite a few users, myself included have told him on numerous occasions to seek therapy , or at least to talk about his IRL issues with someone close to him

Just a few examples

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=540713.0

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=539449.0

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=537190.0
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2023, 06:58:12 PM »

Occam’s razor applies here. I think Leonel is telling the truth sadly and the reason he is so open about it is because a part of him wants help and this is an indirect reach out. Leonel, you gotta open up about this to someone irl as daunting as that may be. We are mere strangers on Atlas who can and are willing to listen and talk, but that’s not a substitute for in person help.
RFK 2024
BasedSanta
Canada

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2023, 07:07:30 PM »

I attempted in 2015 when I was 16.  I am so thankful that my efforts failed and I am still here.  Whatever situation you are in, it is only temporary.  Death is permanent.  Please talk to someone you trust, call a hotline, do something.  You are important and your feelings are valid.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2023, 07:22:34 PM »

Who's laughing?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2023, 09:42:33 AM »

I wish you a lot of support. Take a break from this site if you feel you need to. And seek some medical assistance.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2023, 10:41:35 AM »

Who's laughing?

In this case, no one, but they do in other cases. Also, just because no one's laughing this time doesn't mean they aren't still using the opportunity to feel better about themselves by saying "please get help" or "wishing you the best" to an anonymous person.

Talking about committing suicide should be grounds for an immediate ban. There are no positive outcomes that could happen from allowing a discussion to take place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies