Sacramento Mayor 2024: Darrell Steinberg retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:13:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sacramento Mayor 2024: Darrell Steinberg retiring
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sacramento Mayor 2024: Darrell Steinberg retiring  (Read 489 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2023, 03:41:29 PM »

https://www.kcra.com/article/sacramento-mayor-darrell-steinberg-announcement-political-future-election/44004570#

Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg said Thursday that he does not plan to run for reelection in the upcoming 2024 mayoral election and that he could be interested in becoming California's attorney general.

"I’m announcing today that I’m not going to run for a third term as mayor of Sacramento," he said. "While the question may be, ‘Isn’t that a painful decision,’ it’s actually a very positive decision and a happy decision for me."

Three candidates are already running. They are, State Assemblyman Kevin McCarty, former Deputy Attorney General for the California Department of Justice, Maggie Krell, and Senior Director of Policy at California Center for Public Health Advocacy, Flojaune Cofer.

Two other candidates have filed paperwork, former Sacramento City Councilor Steve Hansen and Former Sacramento City Councilor Jeff Harris.

Several other candidates are considering entering the race, most notably former Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones, former State Senator Richard Pan, and former State Assemblyman Roger Dickinson.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 06:18:26 PM »

I know he’s not but everytime I see Steinberg for half a second I think he’s Doug Emhoff
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 08:36:56 AM »

State Assemblyman Kevin McCarty

Unfortunate name for a Dem in CA
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 03:09:49 PM »

Former State Senator Richard Pan is in.

Former California lawmaker Dr. Richard Pan has joined the race to become the next mayor of Sacramento.

Pan is a pediatrician termed out last year as a state senator representing the Sacramento area. He authored bills aimed at public health and has been a prominent proponent of vaccinations.

If elected, Pan would be the first Asian-American to be elected Mayor of Sacramento.
bayareabay
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 04:02:33 PM »

https://www.kcra.com/article/sacramento-mayor-darrell-steinberg-announcement-political-future-election/44004570#

Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg said Thursday that he does not plan to run for reelection in the upcoming 2024 mayoral election and that he could be interested in becoming California's attorney general.

"I’m announcing today that I’m not going to run for a third term as mayor of Sacramento," he said. "While the question may be, ‘Isn’t that a painful decision,’ it’s actually a very positive decision and a happy decision for me."

Three candidates are already running. They are, State Assemblyman Kevin McCarty, former Deputy Attorney General for the California Department of Justice, Maggie Krell, and Senior Director of Policy at California Center for Public Health Advocacy, Flojaune Cofer.

Two other candidates have filed paperwork, former Sacramento City Councilor Steve Hansen and Former Sacramento City Councilor Jeff Harris.

Several other candidates are considering entering the race, most notably former Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones, former State Senator Richard Pan, and former State Assemblyman Roger Dickinson.

Steve Hansen will win just because people love to vote for a gay mayor. It's identity politics at play. London Breed barely won the San Francisco mayor's race in 2018 by 1 point against a gay man. She had the slight edge because she was a black woman against a white man.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies