Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:17:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Target caves to right-wing terrorism, removes Pride merchandise for employee safety  (Read 3493 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2023, 10:29:34 AM »

Good. No business should sell "tuck friendly" women swimwear where children shop. Glad Target did the right thing
What's wrong with tuck friendly swimwear? The alternative is what probably a miniscule minority of trans people but unfortunately a decent chunk of the more in your face activist types and the standard insufferable Twitter people want, which is actually flaunting bulges to get people upset (and would actually be quite frowned upon and even argued to be sexual harassment coming from cis men.) But again that's a tiny minority and "tuck friendly" swimwear is a good thing to have for the trans people who aren't them.

The Satanic stuff on the other hand is pure evil and it's good that that's going away (although of course the threats and violence are not justified and those engaging in them need to be aggressively prosecuted.)
I don't have a problem with trans people (just need to get that out of the way)

But I think there is an agenda to make children trans, who aren't trans. This is wrong. Just like its wrong to try to make trans children not trans.

Target having "tuck friendly" swimwear is part of that agenda. It wants to present being trans as both cool and a choice for all children. Its the same logic as "children under five can't possible know rather they are a boy or girl so both should be presented as options"
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2023, 10:31:45 AM »

Good. No business should sell "tuck friendly" women swimwear where children shop. Glad Target did the right thing

Target also sells lingerie, but I'm going to guess you and every other conservative doesn't have a problem with that.
I am a social democrat. I want free college and single payer healthcare. Foodstamps for everyone who needs it. Pro union and high minimum wage. Pro immigration.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2023, 10:36:04 AM »

Target also sells lingerie, but I'm going to guess you and every other conservative doesn't have a problem with that.
I am a social democrat. I want free college and single payer healthcare. Foodstamps for everyone who needs it. Pro union and high minimum wage. Pro immigration.

He wasn't asking about that.

He was asking that as Target sells lingerie, should that be sold where, as you say, 'children shop'?

I imagine that since you object to something as benign as swimwear then you do. Why not just answer?

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2023, 10:41:09 AM »

What's wrong with tuck friendly swimwear? The alternative is what probably a miniscule minority of trans people but unfortunately a decent chunk of the more in your face activist types and the standard insufferable Twitter people want, which is actually flaunting bulges to get people upset (and would actually be quite frowned upon and even argued to be sexual harassment coming from cis men.) But again that's a tiny minority and "tuck friendly" swimwear is a good thing to have for the trans people who aren't them.

The Satanic stuff on the other hand is pure evil and it's good that that's going away (although of course the threats and violence are not justified and those engaging in them need to be aggressively prosecuted.)
I don't have a problem with trans people (just need to get that out of the way)

But I think there is an agenda to make children trans, who aren't trans. This is wrong. Just like its wrong to try to make trans children not trans.

Target having "tuck friendly" swimwear is part of that agenda. It wants to present being trans as both cool and a choice for all children. Its the same logic as "children under five can't possible know rather they are a boy or girl so both should be presented as options"

Is the Target near my husband's hometown that sells Philadelphia Eagles merch marketed to children trying to make them Eagles fans?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2023, 10:46:01 AM »

Every day provides further evidence that the only sane way through life in this country is to tune out entirely.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2023, 10:52:55 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2023, 11:41:06 AM by Meclazine »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kevin-oleary-target-pride-merch-decision-huge-mistake-losing-billions-market-value

Shark Tank star Kevin O'Leary says following controversial social agenda's is corporate suicide. "You cannot win". Kevin has expressed criticism in other media of the CEO of Budweiser and Target as the people ultimately responsible.

"Target and Anheuser-Busch lost around a combined $28 billion in market value as of Friday, FOX Business reported."

From a purely financial perspective, it's a disaster.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2023, 11:16:01 AM »

But I think there is an agenda to make children trans, who aren't trans.

You are incorrect about this. Do not believe lies from the likes of Matt Walsh, Ron DeSantis, Chiya Raichik, and the like.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2023, 11:31:48 AM »

If Target and Anheuser-Busch stocks are down then I'd recommend buying now while they're cheap because everyone will forget about this and the stocks will be back to where you'd expect them to be.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2023, 11:34:33 AM »

Every day provides further evidence that the only sane way through life in this country is to tune out entirely.

That's just saying "This is fine" and putting on a blindfold. I'm not sure I have a better path forward, but I dispute that is a sane path, either.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2023, 11:59:00 AM »

At this point left-wingers need to gather outside right-wing churches and blast explicit rap music during service. If right-wingers are going to harass stores then they need to be handed back their behavior.

Rightwingers copy leftwing behavior with boycotts of stores over politics and the left response is to then turn around and harass church goers? Politicis really is about which side can be more horrible than the other and nothing more.

What I described is a protest. The right-wing has been making bomb threats to target and also vandalizing displays within the stores.

Yet not a peep out of you when Target stores were being looted by BLM criminals in 2020.

People who make bomb threats need to go to jail.  But ALL of them, not just those whose ideology is favored.  Same with looters.

At a personal level I don't shop/not shop stores because of their politics.  I've shopped Walmart even though I'm not happy at all as to what they've done to much of small-town America.  I've shopped Target even though I've considered them mildly hostile to Evangelical Christians and openly supportive of social agendas I do not support.  What's amazing here is the Atlas Left getting upset not just with bomb threats (which are rightly called out and should be legally punished) and simple pushback from people who have as much right to be vocal in their objections to a retailer's marketing practices as anything else.

If a retailer wants to celebrate Pride Month, that's up to them.  That a retailer would demand that an employee actively affirm the concept of Pride Month by wearing a Rainbow pin or shirt, etc. is something else.  I'm fine with not forcing an unbeliever or someone with a religious objection to actively affirming Christmas, but that cuts both ways, and store employees should not have to affirm Pride Month as something they agree with when they don't.  Corporate America has gone there, and they've rightly received pushback.  If we're going to be a "diverse" society, learning to live and let live without requiring others affirm where you, personally, are at, is going to be a necessity for people to make this thing work.  That, quite frankly, goes double for the arm-twisters of the Woke Left than it does for the Far Right these days (although that certainly wasn't always the case).

You always blame BLM when your side does something wrong. And I recall reading that some of the looting was instigated by white supremacists https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story?id=72051536

That aside there is a difference between protests that get out of control and organized campaigns against companies that lead to death threats. Republican politicians have been fueling their base to attack Target knowing very well that their base includes very unstable people.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2023, 12:10:31 PM »

That's just saying "This is fine" and putting on a blindfold. I'm not sure I have a better path forward, but I dispute that is a sane path, either.

It's a million times better than buying-in to the perpetual outrage cycle that convinces us to attach our egos, time, and concern to things that are entirely out of our power, and undertaken by people to whom we are at best ants, statistically-miniscule votes, or sources of ad revenue. Owning the cons/libs or posting your freak-outs online will not save America.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2023, 12:27:02 PM »

If Target and Anheuser-Busch stocks are down then I'd recommend buying now while they're cheap because everyone will forget about this and the stocks will be back to where you'd expect them to be.

Quoted for posterity.

NYSE:TGT $138.93

NYSE:BUD $57.15

Both stocks at 6 month lows. Both stocks have suffered losses 5 days straight. Around $28Bn of losses in market capitalisation since these marketing errors in judgement took place.

Will America forgive and forget? We really need to see another two quarters of sales results to make any meaningful determination.

Let's check back in 3-6 months time.

Let's see if these marketing campaigns have a residual negative effect on brand quality.

It looks as though the Murdoch media are going to kick this football for some time yet.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2023, 12:39:47 PM »

The department said just after 3:15 p.m. that the township store had resumed operations after police officers, with the help of a bomb-sniffing dog from the Stark County Sheriff's office, searched the location and found no bombs.

In a statement, police said its dispatch center around 12:40 p.m. received calls from Channel 19 and Channel 5 news saying they had received bomb threats against four Target stores, including the one in Jackson Township. The message said that Target had turned its back on the LGBTQ community and that bombs had been planted in the stores.
https://www.cantonrep.com/story/news/local/jackson/2023/05/26/target-store-jackson-township-evacuated-bomb-threat-pride-month-terrorist-threats-lgbtq-merch/70261866007/

I wonder how many of the bomb threats are just false flags in order to make the other side look bad.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2023, 01:04:51 PM »

I wonder how many of the bomb threats are just false flags in order to make the other side look bad.

Probably some of them are. The type of person who thinks bomb threats are OK isn't likely to have a moral objection to some lying.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2023, 01:06:41 PM »

Probably some of them are. The type of person who thinks bomb threats are OK isn't likely to have a moral objection to some lying.

Very true since in vast majority of cases they are lying in the first place about there being a bomb.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2023, 01:12:00 PM »

Jesus freaking Christ you can’t be serious with that nut job conspiracy

“Oh sh*t what we’ve intended to happen all along is making us look bad, better call it a false flag!”
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2023, 01:21:33 PM »

“Oh sh*t what we’ve intended to happen all along is making us look bad, better call it a false flag!”

Something that requires zero coordination between different individuals is not a "conspiracy."

Whose side do you think looks bad if this threat is taken at face value?

https://www.tmz.com/2023/05/27/target-bomb-threat-lgbtq-ally-ohio-utah-pride-hoax/

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2023, 03:56:21 PM »

Objectively incorrect. This makes you a conspiracy theorist.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2023, 04:15:06 PM »

They definitely don't have objections to places like Walmart selling liquor and guns (at least at the ones outside of our state) where children shop as well.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2023, 04:24:29 PM »

Reading comprehension: 8/100.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2023, 04:46:01 PM »

They also sell sex toys, as seen at the bottom of that link. Although the Right would presumably object to those if they realized it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2023, 04:47:39 PM »

You are incorrect about this. Do not believe lies from the likes of Matt Walsh, Ron DeSantis, Chiya Raichik, and the like.

Why should we believe that they're lies?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2023, 05:11:08 PM »

Because they're demogauges that (have been proven to) tell lies all the time for the sake of their political narratives and agendas, instead of experts?

Even if I trust a left wing pundit that gives me information, I won't blindly trust them above and beyond somebody fact-checking them. Reason and the truth should be above and beyond partisanship.

That's the difference between being reasonable and being a hack.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2023, 05:14:24 PM »

I know this will be lost on you, but you’re making the assertion that certain groups are forcibly transing kids gender. You should be the one providing credible evidence that it’s true
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2023, 05:35:17 PM »

I know this will be lost on you, but you’re making the assertion that certain groups are forcibly transing kids gender. You should be the one providing credible evidence that it’s true

If what you're saying is true, wouldn't you be able to back it up?  Wouldn't you be able to give me a knowable answer as to why more people are declaring as "trans" now than ever before?  You tell me why the incidence of Gender Dysphoria is higher than it has ever been?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies