LGC 13.18 - Censure S019 Resolution - Passed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:52:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 13.18 - Censure S019 Resolution - Passed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: LGC 13.18 - Censure S019 Resolution - Passed  (Read 1235 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2023, 03:12:56 PM »

A vote on this is beginning

Aye
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2023, 06:45:14 PM »

Abstain
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2023, 07:46:40 PM »

Nay
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2023, 06:21:41 AM »

aye
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2023, 09:47:34 PM »

This passes 2-1-1 with 1 not voting
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2023, 08:24:46 PM »

For a whole range of reasons:

1. The fault of S019 was not clearly explained;
2. The source of this fault is in a place inaccessible to me, possibly in the metagame;
3. This could just be the result of S019 expressing himself incorrectly, especially since English is not his native language;
4. In general, this act looks like an infringement on freedom of speech;
5. Less voters than usual;
6. Internal conflicts and boycotts hinder the Lincoln General Court's work

I consider it necessary to veto this act.

Censure S019 Act

Title: Act of Censure for Representative S019 by the Lincoln General Court

Section 1: General Findings

The Lincoln General Court finds that Representative S019 has displayed conduct and actions that are contrary to the principles and expectations of their position as a representative of the Lincoln region within the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 2: Censure of Representative S019

Representative S019 is hereby formally censured by the Lincoln General Court for the following reasons:

a. Whereas S019 has expressed strong sympathies for a known traitor to the Republic of Atlasia and whereas S019 continues to show disrespect towards fellow Atlasians, behaving annoyingly and obnoxiously and resorts to bullying, S019 will hereby be censured from the Lincoln General Court.

Section 3: Consequences of Censure

Representative S019 shall be officially reprimanded and condemned for their actions by the Lincoln General Court.

The censure of Representative S019 shall be recorded in the official minutes and records of the Lincoln General Court as a permanent entry.

The censure shall serve as a public declaration and disapproval of Representative S019's actions, and it shall be communicated to the citizens of the Lincoln region through appropriate channels.

Section 4: Rehabilitation and Future Conduct

Representative S019 is encouraged to reflect upon their actions and take steps to regain the trust and confidence of their constituents and fellow members of the Lincoln General Court.

Section 5: Effective Date

This act shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the Lincoln General Court and shall remain in force until expressly repealed or modified by a subsequent act of the Lincoln General Court.

Vetoed.

Oleg
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2023, 08:35:27 PM »

Can this be vetoed? I thought censures were technically resolutions.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2023, 09:06:26 PM »

That would make a good court case, but regardless, the Governor has a point here. Laki very much overreached with this resolution.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2023, 09:17:15 PM »

Constitution doesn't speak to it specifically. It's not an expulsion, or a constitutional amendment, or something relating to the speakership or the chamber's rules. But at the same time, it's not standard legislation. So it's honestly a grey area.

Out of an abundance of caution, I will recognize the veto. Someone can motion to override within 72 hours if desired, though it appears the votes to do so don't exist.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2023, 10:17:27 AM »

For a whole range of reasons:

1. The fault of S019 was not clearly explained;
2. The source of this fault is in a place inaccessible to me, possibly in the metagame;
3. This could just be the result of S019 expressing himself incorrectly, especially since English is not his native language;
4. In general, this act looks like an infringement on freedom of speech;
5. Less voters than usual;
6. Internal conflicts and boycotts hinder the Lincoln General Court's work

I consider it necessary to veto this act.

1. It was clearly explained. WB clarified it
2. Discord
3. He lives in NJ.
4. Incorrect
5. 4 people voted out of 5, that's not enough
6. Blame S019 for that.

We bring it to the courts unless you voluntarily withdraw your veto which I don't recognise.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2023, 11:17:23 AM »

I am not sure who this "we" is, but I for one am not joining any case. I agreed to allow a vote on this motion and support it, nothing more. It's over.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2023, 11:24:57 AM »

And I appreciate that. With "we" i referred to me, but i'm bringing it to the courts because i don't believe the governor has legal ground to veto this.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2023, 11:28:42 PM »

2. Discord
3. He lives in NJ.
4. Incorrect
6. Blame S019 for that.

We bring it to the courts unless you voluntarily withdraw your veto which I don't recognise.
1. In this thread, everyone sees a lack of explanation, and does not see a single quote from what S019 was accused of.
2. It was in a Discord conversation that is inaccessible to me. I don't know that conversation at all.
3. He is Ukrainian by origin.
4. I don't see your counterarguments.
5. 2 aye vs 3 non-aye.
6. This act would turn us into enemies of S019.

As to your not recognizing my right to veto, the Lincoln Constitution nonetheless recognizes such a right for me:
Article I. The Legislative Power
5. Every bill passed by the General Court shall, before it becomes law, be submitted to the judgment of the governor. If they approve of it, they should sign it and it will become law; but if they disapprove they may veto it, and it shall be returned to the General Court. If, after considering the objections of the governor, the General Court should by a two-thirds vote agree to pass the same bill, it shall become law regardless of the governor's objections. If the governor shall not act to sign or veto a bill, it shall become law seven (7) days after its adoption by the General Court. The Governor shall have the authority to submit revisions to passed legislation, if they deem fit, and return it to the legislature for reconsideration. If the redrafted bill is rejected by the General Court, and the original bill passed the General Court by a two-thirds margin, the original bill shall be sent to referendum. If the redrafted bill is rejected by the General Court, and the original bill passed by less than two-thirds, the Governor shall be compelled to sign or veto the original bill.
Article II. The Executive Power
3. The governor shall have the power to carry out all acts in association with the enforcement of the laws passed under this constitution; to command the militia in times of war; to appoint the heads of such departments which may be established by law; to issue pardons and reprieves for crimes committed under the laws of this region, which shall be permanent upon their issuance, though they shall have no power to pardon themselves; to appoint, in accordance with Article V of the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, the associate justice of the circuit court of this region; and to approve, or veto, all acts passed by the General Court.
https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Lincoln_Constitution
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2023, 11:45:10 PM »

2. Discord
3. He lives in NJ.
4. Incorrect
6. Blame S019 for that.

1. In this thread, everyone sees a lack of explanation, and does not see a single quote from what S019 was accused of.
2. It was in a Discord conversation that is inaccessible to me. I don't know that conversation at all.
5. 2 aye vs 3 non-aye.

As to your not recognizing my right to veto, the Lincoln Constitution nonetheless recognizes such a right for me:
5. Every bill passed by the General Court shall, before it becomes law, be submitted to the judgment of the governor. If they approve of it, they should sign it and it will become law; but if they disapprove they may veto it, and it shall be returned to the General Court. If, after considering the objections of the governor, the General Court should by a two-thirds vote agree to pass the same bill, it shall become law regardless of the governor's objections. If the governor shall not act to sign or veto a bill, it shall become law seven (7) days after its adoption by the General Court. The Governor shall have the authority to submit revisions to passed legislation, if they deem fit, and return it to the legislature for reconsideration. If the redrafted bill is rejected by the General Court, and the original bill passed the General Court by a two-thirds margin, the original bill shall be sent to referendum. If the redrafted bill is rejected by the General Court, and the original bill passed by less than two-thirds, the Governor shall be compelled to sign or veto the original bill.
3. The governor shall have the power to carry out all acts in association with the enforcement of the laws passed under this constitution; to command the militia in times of war; to appoint the heads of such departments which may be established by law; to issue pardons and reprieves for crimes committed under the laws of this region, which shall be permanent upon their issuance, though they shall have no power to pardon themselves; to appoint, in accordance with Article V of the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, the associate justice of the circuit court of this region; and to approve, or veto, all acts passed by the General Court.

I am not Ukrainian by origin, I have the Ukrainian flag as a measure of solidarity with those fighting Putin's imperialist war. I am ethnically Indian, but I was born here and English is my first language. Also I would've voted No, but I forgot about this. The Discord conversations were not serious and I made that clear at the time.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2023, 04:47:19 AM »

2. Discord
3. He lives in NJ.
4. Incorrect
6. Blame S019 for that.

5. 2 aye vs 3 non-aye.

It's not true, because this is a resolution, not an act.

Though the title is misleading here, but censure & expel votes are resolution and require no action by the governor.
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2023, 09:30:27 PM »

Though the title is misleading here, but censure & expel votes are resolution and require no action by the governor.
Then you have to change the word "act" in the title to "resolution" so I can cancel the veto. Because as long as it is an act, passed by the LGC, I have the right to veto.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2023, 05:08:26 AM »

Then you have to change the word "act" in the title to "resolution" so I can cancel the veto. Because as long as it is an act, passed by the LGC, I have the right to veto.

Will do (Dwarven Dragon will change Act to Resolution in title).
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2023, 03:37:25 PM »

Is there objection to changing the title and effective clause to clarify this is an act of the LGC in isolation, with the same vote result as before?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2023, 03:45:29 PM »

You can't do this after the bill was passed, I'm pretty sure.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2023, 04:25:31 PM »

If you insist we will go through the debate process again to get likely the same result. But we can keep this very simple by just agreeing to treat it as if we did do it again, without all that pain.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2023, 04:30:45 PM »

If you insist we will go through the debate process again to get likely the same result. But we can keep this very simple by just agreeing to treat it as if we did do it again, without all that pain.

Well I would have voted if you do it again, but I would be fine if you record my vote as a NAY on this in addition to the previous vote result.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2023, 04:41:57 PM »

If this is clarified to be an act of the LGC only, and not Lincoln itself, would you be willing to change to an Aye?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2023, 04:45:03 PM »

If this is clarified to be an act of the LGC only, and not Lincoln itself, would you be willing to change to an Aye?

Yes
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »

Text will be changed to read as follows:

Censure S019 Act Resolution

Title: Act Resolution of Censure for Representative S019 by the Lincoln General Court

Section 1: General Findings

The Lincoln General Court finds that Representative S019 has displayed conduct and actions that are contrary to the principles and expectations of their position as a representative of the Lincoln region within the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 2: Censure of Representative S019

Representative S019 is hereby formally censured by the Lincoln General Court for the following reasons:

a. Whereas S019 has expressed strong sympathies for a known traitor to the Republic of Atlasia and whereas S019 continues to show disrespect towards fellow Atlasians, behaving annoyingly and obnoxiously and resorts to bullying, S019 will hereby be censured from the Lincoln General Court.

Section 3: Consequences of Censure

Representative S019 shall be officially reprimanded and condemned for their actions by the Lincoln General Court.

The censure of Representative S019 shall be recorded in the official minutes and records of the Lincoln General Court as a permanent entry.

The censure shall serve as a public declaration and disapproval of Representative S019's actions, and it shall be communicated to the citizens of the Lincoln region through appropriate channels.

Section 4: Rehabilitation and Future Conduct

Representative S019 is encouraged to reflect upon their actions and take steps to regain the trust and confidence of their constituents and fellow members of the Lincoln General Court.

Section 5: Effective Date

This act resolution shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the Lincoln General Court and shall remain in force until expressly repealed or modified by a subsequent act of the Lincoln General Court.

This resolution represents only the views of the Lincoln General Court, and not the Government or Region at large. No enforcement action from the Lincoln Government at large is needed or desired. Therefore, gubernatorial input will not be sought or needed.

And vote will be changed to reflect NYE as an Aye and S019 as a Nay.

Any objection?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2023, 11:42:11 PM »

Wait how is this going to be communicated through the channels?

Objection pending explanation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies