LGC 13.18 - Censure S019 Resolution - Passed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:08:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 13.18 - Censure S019 Resolution - Passed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: LGC 13.18 - Censure S019 Resolution - Passed  (Read 1233 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2023, 11:32:46 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2023, 01:20:41 PM by Lincoln Speaker and Senator Dwarven Dragon »

Title: Resolution of Censure for Representative S019 by the Lincoln General Court

Section 1: General Findings

The Lincoln General Court finds that Representative S019 has displayed conduct and actions that are contrary to the principles and expectations of their position as a representative of the Lincoln region within the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 2: Censure of Representative S019

Representative S019 is hereby formally censured by the Lincoln General Court for the following reasons:

a. Whereas S019 has expressed strong sympathies for a known traitor to the Republic of Atlasia and whereas S019 continues to show disrespect towards fellow Atlasians, behaving annoyingly and obnoxiously and resorts to bullying, S019 will hereby be censured from the Lincoln General Court.

Section 3: Consequences of Censure

Representative S019 shall be officially reprimanded and condemned for their actions by the Lincoln General Court.

The censure of Representative S019 shall be recorded in the official minutes and records of the Lincoln General Court as a permanent entry.

The censure shall serve as a public declaration and disapproval of Representative S019's actions, and it shall be communicated to the citizens of the Lincoln region through appropriate channels.

Section 4: Rehabilitation and Future Conduct

Representative S019 is encouraged to reflect upon their actions and take steps to regain the trust and confidence of their constituents and fellow members of the Lincoln General Court.

Section 5: Effective Date

This resolution shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the Lincoln General Court and shall remain in force until expressly repealed or modified by a subsequent act of the Lincoln General Court.

This resolution represents only the views of the Lincoln General Court, and not the Government or Region at large. No enforcement action from the Lincoln Government at large is needed or desired. Therefore, gubernatorial input will not be sought or needed.

Sponsor: Laki
Court Sponsor: Dwarven Dragon
Occupying: Slot 6 of 10

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 12:03:48 AM »

“failure to condemn”

This is extremely Orwellian and a completely mockery of democracy
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 12:33:01 AM »

I really don't feel up to voting for this either, and I assume Pyro will join me.

S019's actions here, to me are no worse than Oleg's decision to abstain against the recent amendment to prohibit secession, and in any event, we really shouldn't be going after non-Southerners right now.
“failure to condemn”

This is extremely Orwellian and a completely mockery of democracy

No one really cares what someone who is actively cheering on YT has to say.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 12:21:57 PM »

Censor S019 Act

Title: Act of Censure for Representative S019 by the Lincoln General Court

The Lincoln General Court finds that Representative S019 has displayed conduct and actions that are contrary to the principles and expectations of their position as a representative of the Lincoln region within the Republic of Atlasia.

Representative S019 is hereby formally censured by the Lincoln General Court for the following reasons:

a. Whereas S019 fails to condemn Southern secession efforts has expressed strong sympathies for a known traitor to the Republic of Atlasia and whereas S019 continues to show disrespect towards fellow Atlasians, behaving annoyingly and obnoxiously and resorts to bullying, S019 will hereby be censored from the Lincoln General Court.

Representative S019 shall be officially reprimanded and condemned for their actions by the Lincoln General Court.

The censure of Representative S019 shall be recorded in the official minutes and records of the Lincoln General Court as a permanent entry.

The censure shall serve as a public declaration and disapproval of Representative S019's actions, and it shall be communicated to the citizens of the Lincoln region through appropriate channels.

Representative S019 is encouraged to reflect upon their actions and take steps to regain the trust and confidence of their constituents and fellow members of the Lincoln General Court.

This act shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the Lincoln General Court and shall remain in force until expressly repealed or modified by a subsequent act of the Lincoln General Court.

Amendment
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 12:41:27 PM »

May I just note that to “censor” would mean to somehow either request that the moderators discriminately infract my posts or that somehow my ability to post on this board would be restricted. I am going to humbly suggest that it is not the correct word.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 01:01:31 PM »

The title is a bit off but the actual operative language uses the correct word of "censure"
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 01:11:52 PM »

May I just note that to “censor” would mean to somehow either request that the moderators discriminately infract my posts or that somehow my ability to post on this board would be restricted. I am going to humbly suggest that it is not the correct word.

So the sponsors of this bill either are so afraid of your views that they want to shut you up or they don’t know the basic meaning of words .

SAD
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 01:31:09 PM »

So the sponsors of this bill either are so afraid of your views that they want to shut you up or they don’t know the basic meaning of words .

SAD
Laki’s first language isn’t English by my knowledge so it’s forgivable.

Anyway, moving to amend the bill by striking all uses of “censor” and replace it with “censure”, similarly “censored” to be replaced by “censured”
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 12:04:29 AM »

Anyways I object to the amendment, to the extent that I have expressed "sympathies," it was unserious poasting on Discord.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 12:23:14 AM »

Anyways I object to the amendment, to the extent that I have expressed "sympathies," it was unserious poasting on Discord.
Ah of course, now it's all a joke. I believe that you could make a serious case against censure but that isn't how you'd do it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 12:49:50 AM »

Ah of course, now it's all a joke. I believe that you could make a serious case against censure but that isn't how you'd do it.

I said it was all a joke, but that is besides the point. I believe you can make a valid case against the fact that I have been silent on this issue on the forum, but absent any evidence of serious talk of "sympathies" such a proposition is laughable. Also, I evidently do not care that much about this, because if I did I wouldn't have made a relatively flippant and obnoxious remark over a minor grammatical error. Have a nice day!
Oleg 🇰🇿🤝🇺🇦
Oleg
Kazakhstan

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2023, 02:18:27 AM »

Can specific examples be given in this thread of what Mr. S019 is supposed to be censured for? Because so far the idea of this act does not seem good to me.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2023, 03:07:49 AM »

Can specific examples be given in this thread of what Mr. S019 is supposed to be censured for? Because so far the idea of this act does not seem good to me.

Its because of comments made on lokcord (a certain discord channel where you're not a part off).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2023, 03:09:42 AM »

When a bully bullies someone and is being called out for it, he also says it was just a joke or some trolling.

Its no excuse, you should know better.

Nobody has been laughing about what you've done and how you've behaved the past 10 days, including your court case you started versus LT. We should be grateful for what LT has done, otherwise this mess and scheming from the right would still've continued.

Over the past 10 days, multiple people have been annoyed at you, have asked you to stop and you've ignored it over & over again, and continued your behavor.

I wouldn't have introduced this legislation if i didn't had some support over it across the spectrum, meaning that multiple people are done with you. You might be lucky that you still have some allies in LGC left. But i hope you learn something from this.

Aside of that, censuring doesn't lead to anything meaningful, it's the LGC showing publically that they disapprove of you. Even if this passes, nothing changes.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2023, 05:48:29 AM »

Its because of comments made on lokcord (a certain discord channel where you're not a part off).
He’s also made posts on the forum supporting OSR which is what my amendment refers to.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2023, 11:15:49 AM »

When a bully bullies someone and is being called out for it, he also says it was just a joke or some trolling.

Its no excuse, you should know better.

Nobody has been laughing about what you've done and how you've behaved the past 10 days, including your court case you started versus LT. We should be grateful for what LT has done, otherwise this mess and scheming from the right would still've continued.

Over the past 10 days, multiple people have been annoyed at you, have asked you to stop and you've ignored it over & over again, and continued your behavor.

I wouldn't have introduced this legislation if i didn't had some support over it across the spectrum, meaning that multiple people are done with you. You might be lucky that you still have some allies in LGC left. But i hope you learn something from this.

Aside of that, censuring doesn't lead to anything meaningful, it's the LGC showing publically that they disapprove of you. Even if this passes, nothing changes.

Look I don’t really care, I would’ve already resigned if I wouldn’t get some angry DMs for forcing a special election.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 11:19:42 AM »

FYI, the proper term is "censure".
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 11:07:34 PM »

The motion to fix the grammatical errors is adopted. The question is on this amendment:

Censor S019 Act

Title: Act of Censure for Representative S019 by the Lincoln General Court

a. Whereas S019 fails to condemn Southern secession efforts has expressed strong sympathies for a known traitor to the Republic of Atlasia and whereas S019 continues to show disrespect towards fellow Atlasians, behaving annoyingly and obnoxiously and resorts to bullying, S019 will hereby be censored from the Lincoln General Court.

This act shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the Lincoln General Court and shall remain in force until expressly repealed or modified by a subsequent act of the Lincoln General Court.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 11:07:52 PM »

Aye
NewYorkExpress