Do you have any unusual hobbies, interests, thoughts, beliefs, food likes, etc. ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:44:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do you have any unusual hobbies, interests, thoughts, beliefs, food likes, etc. ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you have any unusual hobbies, interests, thoughts, beliefs, food likes, etc. ?  (Read 474 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2023, 08:40:44 AM »

The first thing that comes to mind is that earlier in my life, I was interested in bats (the animal).
Would you call that unusual?

If you can't answer yes, name one thing that you do consider unusual, like putting ketchup on pancakes.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 09:46:15 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2023, 10:39:45 AM by Meclazine »

Collect nice vintage guitars. I have a former guitarist from 'Mental As Anything' wanting to come over tomorrow and try a couple.

Mental As Anything

Live It Up

https://youtu.be/kK_eQImKnPA

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 06:19:50 PM »

Collect nice vintage guitars. I have a former guitarist from 'Mental As Anything' wanting to come over tomorrow and try a couple.

Mental As Anything

Live It Up

https://youtu.be/kK_eQImKnPA

That sounds like a great hobby. Let us know how it turns out

Would anyone else like to offer something?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 09:46:46 PM »

I make flags for fun.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 07:51:04 PM »

things I've been told by other people are weird/unusual/niche that I can think of:

my career is classical music

I have extensively studied folk music from Norway, China, Indonesia, Celtic Cultures, and Appalachia

really into geography, I memorized every country in the world and can name them in that under 15 minute quiz. everything is organized by memorizing what maps look like. can also do all US states and Canadian provinces. also pretty good with recognizing flags. capitals were never my thing tho.

I had a phase where I was obsessed with names and knew about unusual and rare names, memorized the top 10 most common names for boys and girls from the 1880s to the 2010s, found anomalies in spelling, gender, etc...

also had (and I guess still have) a big fixation on weather. from about age 4 I almost exclusively watched the weather channel on our TV. I memorized so much information about hurricanes specifically, like the names, paths, stats of even relatively obscure ones. still love to spend time finding out about the weather across the world and researching extreme weather events.

I've been a vegetarian since I was 5

I'm really obsessed with capers. I find ways to incorporate them into a LOT of random food

I hate white cake, sugar cookies, vanilla ice cream, anything like that

despite my borked adhd memory, I have a fair number of extremely vivid memories from before age 5

If there is a body of water near me, I will make sure I go see it. I have to know what it looks like, idk why

I hate brand logos on clothing with a passion. but I always want to collect clothing with place names on it lol

I type with my left thumb and right index finger on my phone
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 09:01:04 PM »

Everything that I know and can explain about emo.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 11:05:34 PM »

I have a collection of "challenge coins".   

Unwittingly. 

I've been receiving them since I was 18, didn't think much of them whatsoever and just stashed them away, until realizing nowadays they are collectors' items.   
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 07:27:28 AM »

According to some people, I'm overly obsessed with the Fourteenth Amendment.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 10:00:22 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2023, 10:07:38 PM by Benjamin Frank »

I'm extremely conservative personally.
I don't like tattoos, body piercings, facial hair, long hair or clothing that brings attention.
I don't like coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana or elicit drugs (which should still be legal.)

I'm a germaphobe.
I don't like touching or sex. (Apparently fairly common for people with autism.)

I'm uncomfortable in unfamiliar places or with uncomfortable sensations.
I don't like travel, camping, dancing, golf (on principle) skiing or boating (spray is horrible.)

The motto that I try to live by is "it's never too early to go back to bed." (I think that was from Garfield when it was funny.)
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 10:41:04 PM »

I'm extremely conservative personally.
I don't like tattoos, body piercings, facial hair, long hair or clothing that brings attention.
I don't like coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana or elicit drugs (which should still be legal.)

I'm a germaphobe.
I don't like touching or sex. (Apparently fairly common for people with autism.)

I'm uncomfortable in unfamiliar places or with uncomfortable sensations.
I don't like travel, camping, dancing, golf (on principle) skiing or boating (spray is horrible.)

The motto that I try to live by is "it's never too early to go back to bed." (I think that was from Garfield when it was funny.)

I'm a lot like you in this regard.

I don't like tattoos, although this is also partly because my Jewish religion forbids it. However, I also don't like most of the things you listed, including piercings, clothing that brings attention, cigarettes, alcohol, cannabis, drugs, however I do consume coffee.

I don't like touching either. I wouldn't say I'm a germaphobe or anything, for me it's more of an issue of the fact that I don't like it when people violate my personal space/privacy.

I don't like travelling, but it's not an issue of unfamiliar places, but an issue of bad/difficult experiences I have had when travelling in the past (but I won't go into more detail on that). I don't have anything against camping, dancing, golf, skiing or boating though.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »

No, I'm normal.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 06:35:32 AM »

I have been told that stamp collecting is unusual for an individual my age.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2023, 05:21:36 PM »

I don't have any that aren't unusual, I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies