Lincoln vs LT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:39:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lincoln vs LT
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lincoln vs LT  (Read 620 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2023, 09:22:29 PM »

Dear Honorable Justices of the Supreme Court,

I am writing to you today as a plaintiff. Before I begin, I would like to make it clear that the safety and health of the Republic of Atlasia, as well as my oath to the Republic and the Constitution, are my top priorities.

As a Lincoln councilor to defend both Atlasia and my region of Lincoln. It is with this duty in mind that I have brought this case before the Supreme Court. The actions of Senator LouisvilleThunder, as described in the following complaint, constitute a clear and present danger to the stability and integrity of our Republic.

Senator LouisvilleThunder as shown in these discord chats supported pushing the south to do a hard exit from the Union if the Presidential election did not turn out like he wanted as well as wanted to harm the region of Lincoln. Here are some screenshots that show likewise:

It is clear from this that Senator LouisvilleThunder committed treason and for that should be prosecuted .
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 09:27:18 PM »

Filing an amicus brief:

Honorable justices, Mr. S019 lacks the right to represent the region of Lincoln in a criminal case. The governor of Lincoln has not authorized the plaintiff to file charges and the regional government has no involvement in this case outside of the actions of one lone legislator. I therefore recommend that this case be dismissed.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 09:47:25 PM »

Filing an amicus brief:

Honorable justices, additionally to the remarks of Senator and SoIA Sirius, I request the costs of starting this lawsuit case to be billed to citizen S019.

Thank you for your time.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 09:59:05 PM »

Under my authority as Deputy Attorney General of the South, I hereby immediately appoint S019 to be Special Prosecutor for the purpose of investigating any crimes committed by disgraced former Southern Governor Louisville Thunder.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 10:04:07 PM »

Lakigigar will be my counsel.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 10:09:26 PM »

Reagente: The South is separate from Atlasia’s legal system.

Also Reagente: Files a suit in Atlasia’s legal system
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 10:30:56 PM »

Reagente: The South is separate from Atlasia’s legal system.

Also Reagente: Files a suit in Atlasia’s legal system

I did not file suit, S019, a citizen of Lincoln did.

Furthermore, LouisvilleThunder, in claiming to still be a Senator, appears to be willingly submitting himself to the personal jurisdiction of the Atlasian Supreme Court. However, if he disputes personal jurisdiction in Atlasia, I would not contest a motion to move this case to the Southern circuit court. As a criminal defendant he has that right.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 10:32:05 PM »

As the counsel for the defendant, I wish to address the issue at hand.

In light of the ongoing Laki v. Texan case, I would like to assert that LouisvilleThunder, as a witness in that case, is afforded transactional immunity for any offenses related to their testimony. The central theme of the prosecution's case against the defendant aligns with the subject matter of LT's testimony in the Laki v. Texan case. Pursuing a lawsuit against the defendant in this matter constitutes contempt of court and significantly interferes with the due course of the ongoing case. Such interference severely hampers and restricts the defendant's ability to present their testimony and fulfill their responsibilities in the Laki v. Texan case. Moreover, we have genuine concerns regarding the safety of the defendant, potential retaliation, and, importantly, the potential diversion of their attention from their current obligations related to the Laki v. Texan case.

In light of these circumstances, I request the dismissal of the case against the defendant.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 10:53:12 PM »

As the counsel for the defendant, I wish to address the issue at hand.

In light of the ongoing Laki v. Texan case, I would like to assert that LouisvilleThunder, as a witness in that case, is afforded transactional immunity for any offenses related to their testimony. The central theme of the prosecution's case against the defendant aligns with the subject matter of LT's testimony in the Laki v. Texan case. Pursuing a lawsuit against the defendant in this matter constitutes contempt of court and significantly interferes with the due course of the ongoing case. Such interference severely hampers and restricts the defendant's ability to present their testimony and fulfill their responsibilities in the Laki v. Texan case. Moreover, we have genuine concerns regarding the safety of the defendant, potential retaliation, and, importantly, the potential diversion of their attention from their current obligations related to the Laki v. Texan case.

In light of these circumstances, I request the dismissal of the case against the defendant.

Just wondering - since hypothetical immunity is tied to the testimony - were these screenshots really going to be part of LT's testimony?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 01:28:03 AM »

Senator LT has made it clear that his support of the Union takes president over everything else, therefore I don't see how this case is necessary especially as he poses no present threat to our national security. Therefore I recommend that the prosecution takes steps to dismiss.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2023, 01:52:32 AM »

Filer has until end of day today (Thursday) to demonstrate that he is authorized to bring charges on behalf of Lincoln's government. If no such authorization is produced by that point, case will automatically be dismissed.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2023, 06:18:57 AM »

Under my authority as Deputy Attorney General of the South, I hereby immediately appoint S019 to be Special Prosecutor for the purpose of investigating any crimes committed by disgraced former Southern Governor Louisville Thunder.

How can an "independent" South sue to the Supreme Court? Unless it is not independent?
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2023, 09:03:30 AM »

How can an "independent" South sue to the Supreme Court? Unless it is not independent?

Foreign governments in many cases are allowed to use other nations court systems.

Take Pfizer Inc. v. Government of India (1978) for example. Do you think that India is not an independent country?

LouisvilleThunder holds himself out as an agent of Atlasia, venue in Atlasian courts is appropriate so long as he does.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2023, 11:59:36 PM »

I am withdrawing my case.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: