Statement by Senator OSR about the Secession Crises(Officially Endorsing Secession)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 12:52:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement by Senator OSR about the Secession Crises(Officially Endorsing Secession)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Statement by Senator OSR about the Secession Crises(Officially Endorsing Secession)  (Read 1459 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2023, 11:13:35 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2023, 01:46:34 PM by Old School Republican »

OSR: Today is a very sad day in Atlasia , with the breakup of our union. This roots of the secession crises  that has engulfed our nation dates back multiple years and while they have come home to roost were not planted in January but over the course of years. Years of an arrogant Federal Government that not only stopped respecting regional rights but on many occasions had refused to defend them helped lead us to this crises we face today. Years of individuals putting their personal egos over the health of our nation came to roost over the past few days when the Senate instead of doing their job and passing a compromise that could save our union , instead decided to once again decided to put their egos over what could have saved our union and as a result our union has broken.

I know this because I had negotiated a deal with the South that would have gotten them to withdraw their secession motion, in exchange for the regional rights amendment which was something many members of the senate had previously indicated they would support too.  Instead of voting for something they had previously indicated they would support, they decided to withdraw their support for the amendment because personal egos got in the way once again.

This is why I believe our current system is untenable and the only thing that can save our union is a full set Atlasian Reset where we reduce the powers of the federal government and give them to a new 5 region system. Thank You , May God Bless You and May God Bless Atlasia  
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 11:17:20 PM »

I agree that large scale reform is needed, and a reset can definitely be part of that. More importantly, I think it is important that Senator OSR has started the discussion surrounding reform and I hope more people can contribute their ideas.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 04:12:42 AM »

So were you born an invertebrate, or did you have your backbone surgically removed at some point?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 07:25:06 AM »

Copperhead, GTFO
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 07:32:31 AM »

we want Poirot
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 09:10:08 AM »

Honestly yeah I want him instead of OSR
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 01:46:10 PM »

OSR:

The actions of the Atlasian government in response to this last night was proof that Atlasia is dead and given that they refuse to acknowledge it , I will officially be endorsing the secessionist movement and will be working with them to make secession an official reality . I want to thank YT for helping me quickly find a new residence in Plano , Texas and I look forward to living in my new home .

Thank You , May God Bless you and May God Bless the South
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 01:50:19 PM »

You are a traitor and will be impeached.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 01:50:51 PM »

Guaranteed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 01:51:05 PM »

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2023, 01:54:00 PM »

It's one thing to call for peace but to support secession and to move to the South is something else. I have no choice but to denounce such actions.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 02:18:43 PM »

OSR:

The actions of the Atlasian government in response to this last night was proof that Atlasia is dead and given that they refuse to acknowledge it , I will officially be endorsing the secessionist movement and will be working with them to make secession an official reality . I want to thank YT for helping me quickly find a new residence in Plano , Texas and I look forward to living in my new home .

I just hope you realize this step locks you out of being in Fremont or Lincoln for six months (unless law on this has changed) and at least federal (potentially regional, not sure about the jurisprudence there) office for two years. And the South is already crowded with conservative politicians too.
You feel they were likely to expel you anyway. Ok. Well, you already gave your harshest critics everything they wanted. You are certainly are a...courageous...man in this saga. In the way Sir Humphrey from Yes, Minister used the term...
The Senate will decide your fate. I have every reason to expect the worst possible outcome for you.
As a Texan and Collin County resident, anyway, I do think Plano is a nice place, I hope you enjoy it, while your likely exile from being in elected office goes on...there's a lot to do here.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2023, 02:24:27 PM »

OSR:

I just hope you realize this step locks you out of being in Fremont or Lincoln for six months (unless law on this has changed) and at least federal (potentially regional, not sure about the jurisprudence there) office for two years. And the South is already crowded with conservative politicians too.
You feel they were likely to expel you anyway. Ok. Well, you already gave your harshest critics everything they wanted. You are certainly are a...courageous...man in this saga. In the way Sir Humphrey from Yes, Minister used the term...
The Senate will decide your fate. I have every reason to expect the worst possible outcome for you.
As a Texan and Collin County resident, anyway, I do think Plano is a nice place, I hope you enjoy it, while your likely exile from being in elected office goes on...there's a lot to do here.

With the repeal of the act barring the Atlasian government from being able to send troops to the south and it being done in a way that clearly violates senate rules , it made being neutral impossible. I am fully willing to accept the consequences for my actions and I am at peace with the decision I made .

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2023, 02:31:25 PM »

OSR:

With the repeal of the act barring the Atlasian government from being able to send troops to the south and it being done in a way that clearly violates senate rules , it made being neutral impossible. I am fully willing to accept the consequences for my actions and I am at peace with the decision I made .

Just be beware that actions made in the heat of the moment can and in many cases are regretted.
Negotiating with YT to help save the Union without any bloodshed is admirable. But this is something else.
Just some friendly words from the man who is (still) your Attorney General. And, if the occasion merits, will involve himself in court as whatever is needed as accorded by the law, to uphold it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2023, 02:44:28 PM »

Candidate for Bravest Atlasian of 2023 here
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2023, 03:06:11 PM »

OSR:

You were once a good citizen that was on a Presidential Ticket I was proud to support. But it is clear you have gone your own way. I will extend the same pledge to you as I recently did to those who were on board with the SNP before YT's secession proclamation: I hereby renounce and regret all support I have given you, any vote or high pref I ever cast for you, or bill of yours I ever voted for, endorsed, or otherwise helped become law. Never again will I do such actions. Should you appear on a ballot before me again, I will simply write "No" next to your name.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2023, 07:11:19 PM »

Carpetbaggers don't represent the real South.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 07:23:21 PM »

You support blind ideological loyalty over the South, itself, given that you turned your back on and denounced native Southerners TimTurner, LT, and Yankee.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 07:29:18 PM »

OSR:

You were once a good citizen that was on a Presidential Ticket I was proud to support. But it is clear you have gone your own way. I will extend the same pledge to you as I recently did to those who were on board with the SNP before YT's secession proclamation: I hereby renounce and regret all support I have given you, any vote or high pref I ever cast for you, or bill of yours I ever voted for, endorsed, or otherwise helped become law. Never again will I do such actions. Should you appear on a ballot before me again, I will simply write "No" next to your name.

Why should anyone care who you vote for though?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2023, 07:31:24 PM »

OSR:

People are free to care or not care, but my proclamation is pretty broad. For instance, Lincoln has occasionally used bills written by Mr. R. I will endeavor to see we never do so again.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2023, 09:17:43 PM »

OSR:

People are free to care or not care, but my proclamation is pretty broad. For instance, Lincoln has occasionally used bills written by Mr. R. I will endeavor to see we never do so again.

Imagine punishing Lincolnites because you disagree with Mr. R
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2023, 09:37:17 PM »

Two weeks ago I was fully on the side of the Atlasian government but over the past two weeks multiple events caused me to completely change my mind:

- First it was the outrageous decision to charge everyone in the Southern Government including people like Reactionary, TPH, RFayette and that was such an obvious abuse of power that if we had a functioning system, a judge would throw out all those charges immediately . Reactionary keep in mind was not a Secessionist, he was working behind the scenes to save the union and I know this cause I was in that chat

- Second it was the decision to leak the facebook messenger posts and while yes it was good the post was taken down, the prosecutor should have been removed from the case over this

These two actions made it clear that the Atlasian Government was fundamentally broken and  that the Regional Rights Amendment was needed. This also turned more from a full supporter of the Atlasian Gov to someone who no longer trusted them but even then I still though saving the union was very important so I did these things

- I negotiated a deal with YT where he agrees not to secede over the secession ban in exchange for the RRA passing. Keep in mind the RRA was something we had done for months so calling it something that YT was taking the country hostage was completely false. Despite this the Atlasian Government decided to put their personal egos decided to completely blow the deal up even knowing it could save the union.

This made it clear to me the current system was completely broken and made me realize a reset was needed. I still thought I could push it from the inside and this crises would wake people mind up to it but instead the past two days these things happened

- Scott completely abused his powers by sending troops to blockade Nashville. This was a clear violation of the law  and the Senate completely brushed it off showing they dont care about the law

- The final straw was the Senate deciding it did not care about senate rules one but and decided to flagrantly violate them to rush through a repeal of that law .

It was clear at this point the Atlasian Government did not care about the rule of law, the legislative process and the system could not be saved at this point. It was only after all this I decided to back secession because frankly the current system deserves to be obliterated and secession is the best tool to accomplish that and my hope is we eventually have a 3 nation system where each region is its own nation as thats the only way to save this game.

So yes I will be impeached for this , but I dont care as the system deserves to be obliterated.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2023, 09:39:15 PM »

OSR:

Mr R is by far the best legislator this game has had in years if not ever
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2023, 09:43:29 PM »

OSR:

He is a secessionist and I am sorry we let the game get to a point where he played such a major role, and for the times I played a part in establishing that role.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2023, 09:44:17 PM »

OSR:

He is a secessionist and I am sorry we let the game get to a point where he played such a major role, and for the times I played a part in establishing that role.

He was only one cause the Federal Government showed a complete disregard for his rights
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies