Atlas Forum Fantasy League - 2007
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:35:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlas Forum Fantasy League - 2007
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Fantasy League - 2007  (Read 19657 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 12:06:21 AM »

didn't even see this the last few days, the Long Island Smashers are up
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 12:12:30 AM »

We need at least one more member to proceed... you can't draft with an odd number... I would def like to have all 14 slots filled though
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 12:16:57 AM »

One thing I wish you could do is have different divisions or conferences... I think that would make things a lot more interesting.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 12:22:25 AM »

One thing I wish you could do is have different divisions or conferences... I think that would make things a lot more interesting.

one thing you could do is look at last years members and pm those who have not returned.  They may notice the pm quicker than they notice the thread if they don't look here, or just miss it like I did
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 12:30:43 AM »

Detroit Devils are up.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 09:00:15 AM »

Plant City Orioles, now in.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »

The Williamsburg Tribe is reporting for duty.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 08:16:23 AM »

The Manhattan Monopoly have joined. If you are one of those sticklers who hate names that don't go plural (Heat, Magic, Jazz, etc.), I'll change.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 08:18:08 AM »

This is gonna be great fellows!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »

I joined.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 10:47:20 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2007, 11:43:09 PM by Smash255 »

Sum up of current Rosters

Plant City Orioles

Weakest team of the field.  Has Giambi as a power threat, griffey and Chavez and Rivera  have pop as well, but are often injured.  No real high average guy, Lo Duca did hit .318 last year, but offers little else other than that.  Has a few low average players.  Giambi was the only one to drive in more than 100 last year, next is only 85.  Only renterina scored 100 or more runs last year.  Solid, but not overwelming speed, but at least not a real weakness.  Juan Rivera could be a nice pick, but major key if he stays healthy.

Pitching  Sucks.  Mussina should be good, kazmir is good, but not worth the early pick & has a lousy team.  Good cloer in Rivera, other than that just nothing.  Also fell into the trap of too many hitters

Detroit Devils 

Good powerful lineup with Morenau & Holliday.  Thomas was a good late pickup, but probably performed way over his head last year Crede as well.   Good solid run producers as well, also has some good averages in the mix.  Some speed, but not that much.

Pitching  Nothing.  Made the same mistake Plant City made, getting too many hitters on the bench.  Pitchers that are there are good, but MAJOR shortage at reliever.  However does have stronger depth than Plant City on offense so could land some good pitchers via trade

Williamsburg Tribe

Delgado, Utley, Francour, thome, Miguel Carberra  strong power numbers and run producers.  Good speed with Crisp and Orlando Cabrerra.  Outside of Miguel cabrerra and Utley no real strong average hitters.  However overall strong offense with depth

Oswalt and Zambrano start off as two very good starting pitching, Arroyo was good last year, but a questionmark.  Matusaka is another question mark, could be very good  might not.  papplebon back in the bullpen should be solid, but not enough pitchin depth, especially at reliever

College Park Tires

Very good and balanced offense.  has the power numbers with Jones, Ibanez, lee, Sexson and Glaus.  the speed with reyes, and Posednik.  Does have average and obp issues.  Only Reyes and Lee hit .300, they were exactly at it and don't walk much.  No OBP even close to .400 last year

Pitching
Halladay is one of the best pitchers in the game, but fantasy wise could use more K's.  hernandez, Sabathia and Pettite are all solid, but nothing great.  Gange is a great closer, and seems healthy no, but who knows.  No depth at back of bullpen, outside Halladay not much real strong depth at starter
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »

I'm looking to trade for some pitching depth (both starting and relieving).  I'd be willing to give up an outfielder, or even Miguel Cabrera (if the right offer came up).
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 10:56:20 PM »

I just sent Wells to the Tribe for Zambrano BTW
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2007, 10:57:37 PM »

I'm looking to trade for some pitching depth (both starting and relieving).  I'd be willing to give up an outfielder, or even Miguel Cabrera (if the right offer came up).

Wait... why did you trade away pitching if you need more of it... I didn't need the guy that badly, plus you probably could have sqeezed something else out of me
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:14 PM »

BTW... I am also looking to trade for better pitching, if anyone is interested... I have more power hitters than I can acctually use
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2007, 11:44:05 PM by Smash255 »

Manhattan Monopoly

Good overall power Beltran, Ramiere, konerko, and depth with power as well.  Great speed with Hanley ramierez, Beltran, brynes and Barfield.  Several good average hitters as well

Pitching
Capuano is a very solid pitcher, but shouldn't be an anc.  Anibel Sanchez looks like he can be quite good, not much depth after that.  Hoffman still is one of the top closers in the game, but after him little depth, who knows how long Wickman keeps his job

Long Island Smashers
One of the best pure hitters in the game in Ryan Howard.  After that have Dunn, but some lack of a major power source after that.  Only Howard had more than 100 RBI's (though well over that).   Chipper Jones can upply needed poer, but can be an injury risk especially after last year  Two solid speed guys in Roberts and Rollins, but not much after that.  Solid average hitters as a whole, but not strong either, Dunn's average is a bit low.

Pitching.  Starts with Carpenter who is one of the best starters in the game.  Has several pitchers who had poor or injury riddled years last year, which could result in either a gold mine or major bust.  Mulder, Willis and Huson are all pitchers who have had great years in the majors, but last year was not one of them, so could be risky.  Strong closers with F Rod, Gordon & Izzy, as wll as strong set up men in case any closers have injuries.  Lacks the offensive depth some teams have, but have more pitching depth as well.

Phoenix Tequillas
Strong power with haffner, Dye, Hall and Bay, though don't look for Dye to hit the way he did last year.  Solid rbi and run scoring guys as well.  cameron & carlos Guillen are decent speed guys, but lacks in that category Solid averages with good on base guys

Pitching.  Well why not start with the best.  Johan Sanatana is the best pitcher period and great fantasy pitcher.  low ERA, lots of K's, wins & IP's  the best you can get period.  garland, garcia and Penny all solid uys who will deliver wins, ERA tad high though..  other than Joe Nathan so real closer, but Soriano has a decent chance to become one if Wickman eats his way out of a closer job in ATL

San Diego Spartans
Must have jumped for joy when Plant City just handed him Pujols.  The guy is just sick period..  After Pujols has Swisher and Seizmore with good power numbers, but could have been some overachieving.  Just sick sick speed.  Figgins, furcal Suzuki, tavares and it goes on.  Might not lose the SB category once all year if he keeps these guys  Solid average and oBP guys

Pitching
Which Randy Johnson will show up?  if he goes back to how he was with ARI the first time this is a gold mine (or if he is near it).  If he pitches the way he did with the Yanks, ouch, because he won't get the victories he had with them.  Schilling should be good if he can stay healthy.  Contreas, Weaver, lackey are all solid.  Relief pitching is an issue

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 11:32:44 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2007, 11:45:01 PM by Smash255 »

EL Paso Diablos

Ortiz is a great way to start off.   Great power hitter.  Vlad is great as well.  After that Beltre is shaky, Damon may not match his career best, who knows how much burrell plays.  However solid as a contigent.  After Damon have some ok speed guys, but this is a weakness.  Strong average & obp players

Pitching

Sheets if he can stay healthy and Harang can make a real good 1-2 punch and will log innings and K's.  Buherle, Milwood and Lowe all solid, but can have consitancy issues.  Jenky, Ryan, Cordero mark a good bullpen.

Winchester Widgets
A-Rod, Arias Ramierez, Shefield if he can keep his head on strraight and Tejada if his power comes back starts off a very strong power lineup which can drive in runs.  Do have a few headaches thrown in there, another could be the bat chucking Delmon Young who does have strong potential.  Crawford and Roberts gives them great speed

Pitching

Haren & Beckett are solid and will eat up innings, but aren't great, and nothing currently after that as far as starters go nothing.  Solid bullpen especially with Street & Putz

Houston Pollution
Berkman is a best, but after that no proven real big power guys, though Wright and Fielder can become bigger power threats.  Both of whom along with Magglio Ordonez and Abreau will drive in runs.  Solid speed with freel, Wright and Abreu.  Luke Scott could be a gem

Pitching Schmoltz still one of the better pitchers in the game, Schmidt should have a better year this year.  Glavine could be interesting, but a repeat performance is very possible.  Wang should get the wins, and innings once he is healthy, but won't have the K's  Solid, but not overwhelming closing core with Wagner and question marks after that

Seattle Starbucks

Texieria, Soriano, Hunter, Wells, loaded with good power and run producers (though doesn't have the elite) still very solid group none the less.  Soriano & Lopez give the team good speed, and average wise solid throughout

Pitching.
Peavy had a rough year last year, but should rebound.  Even if he doesn't still gives innings and K's.  Cain, young, Johnson all good, but young and need more seasoning.  All could be excellent though.  Bullpen is non existent.

Anyway that was a bit long, but decided to give my thoughts on the current rosters.  Any comments?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »

I usually find starting pitchers after the year begins, so I just wanted to find a few guys I can count on and then move from there.

Whoever has Lidge should get Wheeler, because that's likely whose going to eventually close.  Tongue
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »

I usually find starting pitchers after the year begins, so I just wanted to find a few guys I can count on and then move from there.

Whoever has Lidge should get Wheeler, because that's likely whose going to eventually close.  Tongue

i have won fantasy leagues before with stocking up on pitchers, actually wearring my espn league championship shirt from last year, but have also had bad teams with that strategy. With excess pitchers you can move them in and out of the lineup when they don't pitch, and can use the people on the bench and use everyone.  With extra hitters you really can't barring a day off here and there. 
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 12:10:25 AM »

I think its funny that you say "other than Joe Nathan, no real closer"... Joe Nathan is The Closer.  Anyway, as I pointed out, I traded Wells for Zambrano
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 12:14:54 AM »

I think its funny that you say "other than Joe Nathan, no real closer"... Joe Nathan is The Closer.  Anyway, as I pointed out, I traded Wells for Zambrano

forget who at the moment, but some of your closers IIRC have had some past closer experience and closed some games last year though aren't currently closers. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 06:09:27 AM »

I get to read more of Smashs' 'balanced' analysis this season and I can't wait!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2007, 06:59:38 PM »

I'm in desperate need of starting pitching...any offers?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2007, 07:18:34 PM »

States, to be honest, your problem (and this was true last year as well) is that you draft guys who really haven't been good for years just because you have "heard of them".
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »

You complained about my analysis last year when I slammed your team and basically said they sucked and well your team sucked.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies