Atlas Forum Fantasy League - 2007
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:24:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlas Forum Fantasy League - 2007
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Fantasy League - 2007  (Read 19659 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »

Smash, what happened to the weekly analysis of the matchups? This coming up week should prove interesting with the Williamsburg Tribe vs Plant City Orioles.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2007, 01:28:43 AM »

Smash, what happened to the weekly analysis of the matchups? This coming up week should prove interesting with the Williamsburg Tribe vs Plant City Orioles.

By the time I remembered it last week, it was Thursday and I felt it was a little late to do it.  I should get them up either later tonight or tomorrow.  Probably not this week, but in the future I will try to include predictions of the upcoming week's action.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2007, 01:19:59 PM »

By the time I remembered it last week, it was Thursday and I felt it was a little late to do it.  I should get them up either later tonight or tomorrow.  Probably not this week, but in the future I will try to include predictions of the upcoming week's action.

Thanks. Smiley I love to give you a hard time but all in good fun of course. I enjoy reading them.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2007, 10:38:45 PM »

Thanks. Smiley I love to give you a hard time but all in good fun of course. I enjoy reading them.

Hey well all my past criticisms of your team, I have been right on the $$, this year well its still early Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2007, 11:12:01 PM »

Week in Review Week 5

College Park Tires 9 Long Island Smashers 6

The Tires had a great offensive output.  Posada, Lee, Glaus and Shefield all put up strong numbers.  Meanwhile the banged up Howard, ands Edmunds had very poor weeks for the Smashers.  Other than strikeouts the Smashers had the better of the pitching match up, but the offensive domination by the Tires was too much to handle for the Smashers

Winchester Widgets 12 El Paso Dialos 3
The Widgets didn't hit for much power, but that was their only problem during the week.  Strong offensive numbers, very good pitching.  No one in particular was dominant, nor were the Diablos real poor in any area, but overall Widgets just did better across the board

Phoenix Tequllas 8, Seattle Starbucks 6

Mark texeria and Tori Hunter had strong offensive weeks for the Starbucks, meanwhile Carlos Guillen and Todd Helton had real good weeks for the Tequillas.  Where the starbucks really ran into trouble were the very poor performances by Matt cain and Jeremy Sowers

Williamsburg Trible 7 Detorit Devils 7

Well we had a tie...   Jeter & Lee were the stars for this week between these two teams.  Overall a very average performance across the board by both teams.  No numbers that were great as a team, nothing horrid either,  Fairly even matchup with an even result

Houston Pollution 9 San Diego Spartans 5

Pollution dominated the offensive categories.  prince Fielder had an amazing week with big power, J.J Hardy hit over .500 for the week.  Ichiro of all people struggled for the Spartans.  The pitching was more split than the offense which saved the Spartans from getting demolished here, but just a huge domination on the offensive side of things by the Pollution.

Plant City Orioles 8 Manhattan Monopoly 6

Orioles had a strong power week led by the oft injured Griffey Jr.  The Monopoly generally did better in the other offensive categories.  However, the Orioles had a fantastic week from their pitchers and dominating the pitching categories

Players of the week

Offense
JJ Hardy

Pitching
Chen meng Wang
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2007, 07:32:57 AM »

As usual, my early-season travails have led to mid-season bliss.

3rd place, 1.5 games out of first.  Tongue
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »

Hey Smash.  Can you just take this whole thing over?  I'm too busy with the Pope Game.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »

Hey Smash.  Can you just take this whole thing over?  I'm too busy with the Pope Game.

sure, not a problem
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2007, 12:13:25 AM »

Week in Review time

Strong Island Smashers vs Seattle Starbucks

A 7-7 tie.  The Smashers had another tough offensive week.  Cano, Rollins, and Kinsler all had poor weeks to top that off Roberts & howard landed on the DL.  Soriano with a real strong week helped the Starbucks who dominated the offense categories.  the Smashers pitching was dominant, solid across the board.  Sowers poor week combined with benetiez having a bad week hurt the starbucks.

Winchester Widgets vs Manhattan Monopoly

The Widgets edged this one out 8-6.  Neither team hit much, both showed very little power, though the Monopoly had the edge there.  Widgets got the better of the pitching, low ERA low WHIP, though very few wins.

San Diego Spartans vs Phoenix Tequillas

Tequllas win 8-7.  the Spartans had good speed, but thats it.  They just had ONE homerun for the wee, meanwhile almost every Spartan  had a homerun.  Pitching DOMINANT on both teams, Spartans had the edge though

College Park Tires vs Detroit Devils

Tires win 8-5.  The Devils had plenty of pop 13 hr's 39 rbi's for the week.  Two of the hottest players in basebal went against each other both from the Yankees Jeter & Posada both put up huge numbers.  Devils had a poor performance from Robertson and their pitchers (limited ones they have) are banged up.  Tires took more loses but did better overall pitching.

Houston Pollution vs El Paso Diablos

Pollution win 12-2.  Great week for the Pollution.  Dominated virtually every category, nothing was all that close.  Hardy, berkman & Ordonez led an offensive streak which the Diablos just could not keep up with.  Strong pitching across the board for the Pollution also helped them out.

Plant City Orioles vs Williamsburg Tribe

Tribe wins 8-6  Orioles didn't hit well, low average very little power, but ran and pitched well  Baldelli, Giambi & Wigginton had brutal weeks for the Orioles.  tribe's offense wasn't great either, but was enough to win those categories.  Orioles took a few tough losses in the L column, but their pitching held themselves in check

Players of the week

Offense
Derek Jeter

Pitching
Brad Penny.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2007, 07:06:42 AM »

Mondays suck for me as I'm always playing catch up for the rest of the week. I picked up some better hitters and dropped some dead weight. I caught up a bit with Akno but still lost for the week 8-5 and it was 11-2 going into Sunday.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2007, 08:07:03 AM »

I'll be back in first place before you know it.  Not that far away.  Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2007, 08:39:21 AM »

I think I've got my pitching problems fairly worked out. Now I just need to get my players off DL and I think I've worked out my hitting but there's always room for improvement I suppose. And again, Mondays suck in this game.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

Yeah, sure... Wink
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2007, 10:46:30 PM »

Week in review week 7

Long Island Smashers vs San Diego Spartans

Pure domination for the Spartans, brutal week for the Smashers.  The Spartans hit almost .400 for the week led by the red hot Ichiro Suzuki.  they had four players in double digits in hits, the Smashers had no one with more than 7.  The Spartans also pitched great, Looper & Wrainwright  had horrid weeks for the Smashers.

Winchester Widgets vs Houston Pollution

The Pollution take this one 8-6.  the Pollution led by strong weeks from hardy & Wright took most the offensive categories, though the Widgets took the average & OBP categories.  Both teams had very strong weeks from their pitching, Widgets a bit better led by Haren & Velarde.

Seattle Starbucks vs Detroit Devils

Starbucks edged this one out 8-7.  very close matchup here especially with the offensive categories  Average, hr, rbi, sb & obp all very close.  Detroit Devils got the better of the pitching, but Dempster's brutal week helped them get there

College Park Tires vs Plant City Orioles

The Tires took this 8-5.  The Orioles had another tough week on offense, barley hit above .200, though they did receive some decent power, but that was no match for the Tires who put up some great power numbers.  posada had a huge week again.  neither team got much from their pitching, though the orioles pitched better as a whole.  The Orioles didn't get any wins from their pitchers while the Tires piled up 8 losses.

El Paso diablos vs Phoenix tequillas

Diablos took this 9-6.  The Tequllas took the power categories led by jermaine Dye.  neither team hit all that well.  Neither team pitched all that well, and both teams had a few guys with awful weeks, though the Diablos got the better of the pitching.

Williamsburg Tribe vs Manhattan Monopoly

Tribe with another strong week goes 11-2.  Neither team hit all that well, the Tribe did take most of the offense categories.  Pitching was dominated by the Tribe.  the Monopoly didn't pitch all that well, but it really didn't matter.  The tribe has a great week pitching with an ERA under 2.00

players of the week

offense tie  Jorge Posada & Ichiro Suzuki

Pitching tie Dan Haren  & Jose verlarde
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2007, 02:58:37 AM »

Week in review for week # 8

Long Island Smashers vs El Paso Diablos.

Well the Smahsers finally did some Smashing winning this one 12-3.  Ryan Howard is back healthy & started off with a bang which gave the Smashers a boost in its power numbers.  Boost really wasn't needed much this week as the Diablos had poor power production.  Both teams pitched ok, nothing horrid, but nothing good either though the Amsehrs won most of the categories.

Winchester Widgets vs Pheonix Tequillas

Tequillas took it 9-6.  Widgets hit a bit better as a whole, excellent week for average at a .370, Tequllas pitched great, Tequillas did have a bit more,  power though.  Lo Duca hi well over .500 for the week.,  The Tequllas starting pitching of Francis, Santana, Zito & penny were brilliant.

Seattle Starbucks vs Plant City orioles

The Orioles just IMPLODED.  Did it 10 hr's with their only win, this was 13-1.  Hit for a brutal average, ERA almost SIX.  Just a brutal week for th Orioles.  This has got to be one of the worst weeks in the history oif ANY team in of any year in Atalisa history.  Just brutal.  Starbucks hit pretty well with an average over .300, and got some great pitching led by Jake Peavy who is trying to wrap up his CY Young by the All star break. 

houston Pollution vs Manhattan Monopoly

Pollution won 8-7.  Offense vs pitching basically.  The Monoply hit a bit better than the Pollution, though with less homers, the Pollution pitched quite a bit better.  Ordonez had an amazing week for the Pollution.

San Diego Spartans vs Detroit Devils

Spartans took this 8-5.  Led by Vicotor Martinez & Justin Morneau the Devils hit for more power, but the Spartans took the rest of the offensive categories, led by strong weeks from Swisher, weeks & the re-emergence of Pujols.  The Devils continue to pitch well, but still splitting those categories

Williamsburg Tribe vs College Park Tires

With an 8-5 victory the Tribe expand on their lead, though the the win this week was more of a result of a poor performance from the Tires.  Neither team hit for power (5 hr's each)  Alex Rios had a strong week for the Tribe.  Pitching for the tribe.  Well they are lucky to have only 2 losses on the leage, with an ERA WELL OVER 6.  Tires didn't pitch all that well themselves, but were helped greatly by the Tribe pitching worse than the Orioles.

Players of the week
Offense Magglio Ordonez
Pitching Jake Peavy

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2007, 01:05:33 AM »

Yep, bad week for me boss. Sad Everything I tried failed miserably but thankfully my two DLers are back again and I'm winning so far this week.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »

I'm having my usual banner season. Cheesy
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »

Only 0.5 games out.  First place is inevitable.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »

Only 0.5 games out.  First place is inevitable.

I'll be back.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2007, 06:29:54 AM »

First place is inevitable.

Like today.  Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »

I haven't been doing the weekly updates the last few weeks, will try to get back to them next week
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »

I recently included the history of the league, if you guys are interested.  It's under the "All Time" tab.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2007, 06:16:41 PM »

Hey!
I'm not in last place anymore. Tongue
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »

I would like to congratulate Sam Spade and the Houston Pollution is yet another playoff victory over my team.  Houston is a solid organization and the victory is well deserved.  We played our hearts out... and all I have to say is that, though we did our best, we are sorry for disappointing our loyal fans.

It was a good season everyone, and I hope to see all the teams back next year.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »

Thank you, Super, for your kind words.  Smiley

Tribe, it's you and me for two out of three.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies