Calling on international organisations about the status of Atlasia and following consequences
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:14:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Calling on international organisations about the status of Atlasia and following consequences
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Calling on international organisations about the status of Atlasia and following consequences  (Read 300 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2023, 05:38:56 PM »

In case the South secedes, it is the belief of the chair of Peace that the new Southern Nation:
- shall remain unrecognised by the Atlasian republic
- shall have economic sanctions be in effect versus the Southern Nation
- shall have a travel ban be in effect versus Southerners
- shall be vetoed from joining several international organisations including UN, NATO, IMF, WHO.

In order to remain/be an ally of Atlasia, other nations would have to be asked to diplomatically support the Republic of Atlasia. One cannot be an ally of both.

Peace remains focused in supporting the Republic of Atlasia and their allies worldwide. And for that goal we will work and cooperate closely with other political parties and organizations committed to that goal, including Labor, Democratic Alliance and the Federalist Party led by Yankee and LT / factions committed to unity and peace.

Chair
Laki
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 06:20:09 PM »

Should we not focus on keeping the Union together before moving on to exacerbating this crisis and planning to turn the South, which should not become independent, into a pariah state?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 06:23:34 PM »

Should we not focus on keeping the Union together before moving on to exacerbating this crisis and planning to turn the South, which should not become independent, into a pariah state?

In situations like this, people tend to get their dander up, but its discipline that wins the day.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 06:25:22 PM »

Well given the South thinks negotiating is: "sign this or we're out", i'm just trying to give a clearer picture about what the situation would look like in case they're actually out.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 06:32:52 PM »

I think it's pretty clear that "the Peace Chair" and I have no mutual fondness. Yet on this matter, I broadly agree with him: I still say that the moment the South declares its independence, it becomes, in your own words, "a pariah state".

All of the cons and none of the pros. To provide some examples, all voters in the region are removed from the rolls until they rejoin the Republic in a region not engaged in rebellion; all regional Senators are stripped from having any voting power; all threads pretending to represent "the South" are reported and purged from these boards until such time as the crisis ends; etc.

Having loads of experience in both empowering and putting down radicals, you have to take the firmest hand possible. Rather than using fantasy legislative shaming, you instead need to put the screws to and inflict pain upon them via tangible, effectual actions within the confines of this game. Anything along the lines of resolutions, condemnations and the like will not deliver the swift justice that is so sorely needed here.

Fighting for the continuity of the Republic a red line, and empowers us to up the ante whenever and however much is required. If anything I've said above offends people, then they are not ready nor capable of defending our continuity.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 06:40:11 PM »

All of the cons and none of the pros. To provide some examples, all voters in the region are removed from the rolls until they rejoin the Republic in a region not engaged in rebellion; all

The interesting thing is, this might happen automatically.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 06:43:32 PM »

All of the cons and none of the pros. To provide some examples, all voters in the region are removed from the rolls until they rejoin the Republic in a region not engaged in rebellion; all

Some kind of fix might need to be done post-haste. The thoughts and you (and I) being purged from the rolls seems very destabilizing! I myself am simply registered in the state I have always been in, since mid-2015 and which I live IRL.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 06:49:03 PM »

Some kind of fix might need to be done post-haste. The thoughts and you (and I) being purged from the rolls seems very destabilizing! I myself am simply registered in the state I have always been in, since mid-2015 and which I live IRL.

Everyone assumed so many things about this process, but why? Nobody ever used it and no procedures were ever made.

With this game's history, at least somebody should have considered that secession might be a staircase to nowhere in the Winchester mansion. Things get forgotten, lost accidently repealed, or just overlooked all the time.

Secession was only thrown in the constitution to end the endless vote-a-rama of secession amendments so we could get on with the consolidation and regional boundary discussions, and no one has really paid it much mind at all since.

I have had these thoughts going back weeks now. I am not worried, anxious, but not worried.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 06:49:11 PM »

You can join a northern region in that case.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 06:53:19 PM »

Well given the South thinks negotiating is: "sign this or we're out", i'm just trying to give a clearer picture about what the situation would look like in case they're actually out.

It was not the South negotiations, it was mine. I worked hard to get YT on board with a compromise and then it was you guys who decided to block it.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 11:27:38 PM »

Let’s go a step further. We don’t recognize secession at all. The Governor of the South and his cabinet suffered an incident of mass psychosis the other night. The affected persons are being treated at a mental ward inside Walter Reed Hospital.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 04:15:58 AM »

Let’s go a step further. We don’t recognize secession at all. The Governor of the South and his cabinet suffered an incident of mass psychosis the other night. The affected persons are being treated at a mental ward inside Walter Reed Hospital.

The sirens call of the padded cells beckons them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies