Anthony Weiner eyeing 2025 NYC mayoral bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:21:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Anthony Weiner eyeing 2025 NYC mayoral bid
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anthony Weiner eyeing 2025 NYC mayoral bid  (Read 908 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2023, 05:26:51 PM »

This is not a joke, it is serious. Former New York congressman and registered sex offender Anthony Weiner, a liberal Democrat is being asked by friends and Wall Street executives, police unions, etc. to challenge Mayor Eric Adams and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez in the June 2025 mayoral primary.

They feel Weiner could appeal to remaining white outerborough voters in Queens and Brooklyn and appeal to Latino and Asian voters, and take a sliver of Adams' base, blue collar Black men in Brooklyn and the Bronx.

“He has been encouraged to run for office by me and others … When politics is in your blood as it is in his, I don’t think you ever rule it out,” said Curtis Sliwa, who hosts “The Left Versus The Right” with Weiner on 77 WABC radio.

“To be the moderate Democrat, to be what this city needs now to take it back from AOC. He knows the moderate path to save the city.

“There’s always going to be misgivings lingering. That will never go away,” Sliwa said of Weiner’s sordid past. “He has to constantly speak out on the subject of his problems and how you can make amends for that. You can become an example. That’s the only way.”

https://nypost.com/2023/04/29/friends-urging-anthony-weiner-to-run-for-office/
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 06:24:39 PM »

Does anyone still think he’d be a viable candidate with the amount of baggage he now carries?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 06:42:24 PM »

You've got to be kidding me.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 06:54:08 PM »

What's he going to campaign on? "I'm a convicted sex offender" or "I singlehandedly got Donald Trump elected?" Which message could possibly be more compelling to New York Democrats?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 09:28:39 AM »

What's he going to campaign on? "I'm a convicted sex offender" or "I singlehandedly got Donald Trump elected?" Which message could possibly be more compelling to New York Democrats?

Weiner is running on reducing crime and cutting municipal income and corporate taxes so those jobs don't go Upstate or hell even NJ, PA and FL.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 09:36:27 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2023, 01:34:29 AM by Sir Mohamed 🇺🇸 🇺🇦 »

When I first read Anthony Weiner, I thought this was a thread from circa 2011 bumped, lol.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 03:45:51 PM »

Weiner is running on reducing crime and cutting municipal income and corporate taxes so those jobs don't go Upstate or hell even NJ, PA and FL.

He's not running on anything. This Post piece is fueled by like two quotes from two nobodies who said they told him to run. It won't actually happen.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 04:35:08 PM »

He's not running on anything. This Post piece is fueled by like two quotes from two nobodies who said they told him to run. It won't actually happen.

Curtis Sliwa is not a nobody, his Guardian Angels patrol group is all over the world.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 02:42:44 PM »

Ask Eliot Spitzer how his run for City Comptroller ended.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 12:42:53 PM »

Curtis Sliwa is not a nobody, his Guardian Angels patrol group is all over the world.

So is the gay nightlife dungeon bar franchise “The Eagle” but you don’t see their CEO declaring that Jose Huizar will be the next mayor of Los Angeles
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 12:26:42 AM »

Hehe, Weiner...

One attack ad of him being a registered sex offender and he's finished.
Property Representative of the Harold Holt Swimming Centre
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2023, 03:37:20 AM »

He is yet another example of normative determinism.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies