We should have listened
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:51:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  We should have listened
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We should have listened  (Read 278 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2023, 11:21:18 PM »

It only happened 3 and half years later.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 06:18:21 AM »

Atlasians everywhere shocked to realise YT has a long consistent pattern of behaviour and politicking that’s inherently destructive to the Atlasian right. Egging on the refoundation of Labor and the destruction of PUP also comes to mind.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »

Atlasians everywhere shocked to realise YT has a long consistent pattern of behaviour and politicking that’s inherently destructive to the Atlasian right. Egging on the refoundation of Labor and the destruction of PUP also comes to mind.

The biggest problem I ran into, both back then and since is that basically (and I didn't realize this at the time), it required me to personally wage a one man war against discord, a dynamic I was in no position to win.

It was easy enough for me to state the obvious, make it about principles not about personality. Build up the caucuses system, bring activity back to the boards, warn about the dangers etc.

However, when you are competing against a discord server that promises a safe space to all conservatives, irritated at the mods or increasingly dismissive of the whole site in general, it became progressively harder to get people to participate. These were all new factors on the right as well, because prior to 2018, most of the anger at the mods and the site was from mostly the left and select other people on AAD.

Into that vacuum flowed the memes, personality based coalitions and the whole "Vote to own the libs" conservacord GOTV strategy. All of which are certainly factors in the situation we face today. I did what I could multiple times, but as one very overworked person at the time trying to stave off a late 2000s redux (complete collapse of the in game right) it was unsuccessful.

The only way to fix this larger problem, is to use the rules of the game to push campaign activity back onto the boards.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 09:50:59 PM »

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length