Petition to recall Southern President Young Texan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to recall Southern President Young Texan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition to recall Southern President Young Texan  (Read 664 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2023, 03:46:47 PM »

In accordance to the Southern Constitution, I'm initiating a recall against Southern President Young Texan (TexasConservative).

Article VII:
1. The people of The South shall have the power to recall any regional or sub-regional elected official by the process of petition. Petitions that collect seven or more signatures shall be considered valid. When a valid petition is presented, the appropriate election administrator shall open the voting booth on the following Friday at 12:00:00am EDT and shall close said booth the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm EDT. The recall question is: “Shall [name of officer] be recalled from the office of [name of office held]?” The recall election may not occur within three days before the seventh signature is collected. Every citizen who is eligible to be voted for the office being recalled will be given the opportunity to vote YES to recall and NO to retain during this time. Abstentions will not affect the results. Four fifths of eligible voters must vote affirmatively to recall an elected official. Recalled officials shall forfeit their offices immediately.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 03:47:00 PM »

X LouisvilleThunder
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 03:58:40 PM »

x razze
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 04:46:38 PM »

X Spiral
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 08:02:35 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2023, 08:18:01 PM by Adam Griffin »

Very Sad that my original post (which was very innocent) from earlier supporting such somehow got deleted from this thread. I would love to know why!

EDIT: apparently LT deleted the original thread, then reposted this? Weird, but hey...either way, as I said prior: "about time!".
nfvlmv
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 10:05:51 AM »

X nfvlmv
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 05:21:34 PM »

x Senator North Carolina Yankee

Might as well at this point. The current electoral policies in the region, the conspiring to suppress opposition movements, the interactions with the Game Moderator and the abuse and ill treatment of players stretching back years have reached their point of no return. They as a group have also repeatedly demonstrated absolutely zero regard, respect or consideration to me over the course of the last three months and even beyond that and as I said before, I am tired of putting up with being abused here or anywhere.

He has repeatedly mocked my income, living standards and conditions, and class indirectly by hurling such insults at other people that could likewise be redirected at me and be far more applicable. I have no doubt that in the secret dregs of discord he has said these things about me as well and for my own health and well being and I am tired of shutting my eyes to it and pretending it isn't happening.

And before anyone cries about some kind of faux sense of loyalty, consider this:

I created a small party to voice my disagreements in a manner beneficial to this game. They repaid me and my years of dedication to conservatism in this game by conspiring to stack it full of secessionists and destroy it from the inside. You will not find any similar situation where I have disrespected them in such fashion. They have made it clear just what kind of disregard they have and likely have long viewed me with and as such I don't even want to hear the whining and moaning.
diptheriadan

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 06:32:26 PM »

x diptheriadan
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 06:38:07 PM »

Well, well, that's seven signatures.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 07:59:03 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2023, 08:02:59 PM by reagente »

Not quite. diptheriadan was registered in Lincoln after days ago and then changed his registration back today. He will not be a valid voter for a hypothetical recall for the next 56 days, so his signature does not count.

However, that will be redundant because I also sign this recall petition.

x reagente

----

As the head elections authority of the South, I certify that there are seven signatures for recall of President Young Texan.

In accordance with Article VII, Section 1 of the Southern Constitution. This recall election shall open Saturday, May 13, at 12:00:00am.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2023, 08:04:30 PM »

Not quite. diptheriadan was registered in Lincoln and then changed his registration back today. He will not be a valid voter for a hypothetical recall for the next 56 days, so his signature does not count.

x reagente

----

As the head elections authority of the South, I certify that there are seven signatures for recall of President Young Texan.

In accordance with Article VII, Section 1 of the Southern Constitution. This recall election shall open Saturday, May 13, at 12:00:00am.
Ah, were regulations regarding recalls changed?
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2023, 08:13:53 PM »

Not quite. diptheriadan was registered in Lincoln and then changed his registration back today. He will not be a valid voter for a hypothetical recall for the next 56 days, so his signature does not count.

x reagente

----

Slightly. The original text regarding scheduling was nonsensical since it said the recall could not occur before the 7th signature was obtained - which is circular (why would the recall occur before a valid petition is put forward?). It has since been clarified to state that it occurs 3 days after recall is valid. Hence the Saturday election date.

Article II, Section 4 of the Federal Constitution controls eligibility.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2023, 08:18:39 PM »

x reagente

----

Slightly. The original text regarding scheduling was nonsensical since it said the recall could not occur before the 7th signature was obtained - which is circular (why would the recall occur before a valid petition is put forward?). It has since been clarified to state that it occurs 3 days after recall is valid. Hence the Saturday election date.

Article II, Section 4 of the Federal Constitution controls eligibility.
Ah. It's true, I don't recall a single time that it was outright made clear any and all signatures were by default valid. I do recall perhaps some commentary about how signatures from outside the region didn't count...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies