Laki v. Young Texan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:55:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Laki v. Young Texan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Laki v. Young Texan  (Read 4051 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »

Dear Justices of the Supreme Court,

I am writing to object to the appointment of Mr. Reactionary as the lawyer for the defense in the case of Laki v. Texan. Mr. Reactionary is a member of the Peace Party, which is the same party as the prosecutor in this case. Furthermore, he is not only a friend but also a fellow senator of the prosecutor.

This creates an inherent conflict of interest that cannot be overlooked. Mr. Reactionary's loyalty and allegiance to his party and personal relationships may cloud his judgement and compromise his ability to represent the defendant to the best of his abilities.

As a public plaintiff, I urge the court to consider the potential bias and conflict of interest that Mr. Reactionary may bring to this case and take appropriate action to ensure that justice is served impartially and fairly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Lakigigar

Defense objects to the motion to change counsel.

Being friends with the opposing lawyer isnt grounds for dismissal provided the lawyers maintain their ethical duty to zealously advocate for their client. As Southern AG my client is the Southern Region, and its officeholders in the course of governance. We still have not had a formal presentment of what criminal charges are at issue here but presumably they involve official acts of one of its officeholders. Im comfortable with performing zealously notwithstanding my friendship with opposing counsel just as Im sure he is with me. IRL and in game I have been  on the opposite side of the courtroom against friends. Its common. As long as the defendant does not object to my representation, I deny any conflict of interest that would not equally apply to the prosecutor.

Additionally, the Deputy AG may fill in for me at any point such a conflict may end up presenting itself, just as General Turner may assist Laki.

Accordingly, we ask the Court to deny the motion to change counsel, as no conflict of interest is present.

Thank you.

- R, Southern Attorney General/ CPU BlueHeart

Surely y'all aren't still aligned in an unholy pact.

Great theatre, you two!
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2023, 03:42:37 PM »

If I may, I am rather curious about this pact or alliance between YT and other players. Do we have any information on those conversations?

The oath itself is referencing this proposed act introduced by YT, where elected politicians in the South have to swear their allegiance to God which is a violation of freedom of religion. The oath to the executive ("all who lead the southern nation") could result to a conflict of interest when someone swears allegiance to an individual rather than upholding the constitution and the law. The oath to uphold the laws and constitution of the Southern Nation would be a violation of the Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia pursuant to Article VIII of the Fifth Constitution, Section I which states that the Federal Constitution is the supreme law, and the executive and judicial officers of this government and of the several Regions shall be bound thereby.

I, UlmerFudd, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Delegate of the southern chamber, and will to the best of my ability to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitutions of the Republic of Atlasia and of the Southern Region, so help me Dave.

In the previous version of the "oath", defending the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia was required.

which in the current version is no longer the case

I, UlmerFudd, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Burgess to the Southern House of Burgesses, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Sovereignty and Constitution of the Southern Region so help me God.

Using UlmerFudd as an example.

However, the SEXIT chat clearly proofs that multiple people were conspiring to commit treason against the Republic of Atlasia. I'll address that in an additional upcoming post, where I'll respond to the defendants demands.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2023, 04:01:09 PM »

Holy s**t. This honestly might be even worse than OBD…
Hey, I said no disrespecting my legacy!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2023, 04:06:51 PM »

As the prosecutor in the case against the defendant, i want to provide more context to the images provided in the opening statement, to avoid confusion.

The following discord images all are from the SEXIT chat and is the entire conversation that started on May the third until the early night of Fifth May.

The images provided in the last screenshot are the following which was posted by Adam Griffin and directed towards Young Texan. This is added for context.

There is evidence from the various "oaths of allegiances" as well, which i will provide as well.

The prosecutor will make an additional post later today.

Laki
Senator blackraisin,

I was going to deny laki's request against you representing Young Texan but I have a question before proceeding :

Why did you want the nukes to apparently buy nuclear weapons? Thank you for your answer
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 04:25:43 PM »

As the prosecutor in the case against the defendant, I am demanding that the defendant or his lawyers immediately disclose the entire content of the SEXIT (Southern Exit) chat to the Supreme Court and the prosecutors, which contains crucial evidence necessary to prove the defendants guilt in the charges brought against the defendant.

Defense counsel will provide the prosecution with any relevant evidence once we are informed of the following items:

1. A formal presentment of the specific criminal charges to which the defendant is facing in this trial, as is required under Art. I, Sec. 10 of the Atlasian Constitution.

2. A declaration by prosecution as to the Region in which such crimes were alleged to occur, as is required to determine venue under Art. I, Sec. 10 of the Atlasian Constitution.

3. A formal indictment from a Grand Jury against the defendant for any alleged crime that is a felony, as is required under Art. I, Sec. 11 of the Atlasian Constitution.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 04:33:46 PM »

Senator laki,
As the president and Attorney general have appointed you as a special prosecutor. I believe it is important
you are aware of how things work:

- If you want to prosecute yt or anyone else. You have to clearly specify for which crime (treason, etc etc). You Can find the Law treating all the liste of thenfederal crimes below:
https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Consolidated_Criminal_Justice_Act

If someone Can check thebmost recent version of the bill this would be great.

- After it, the supreme court will decide to take it or not. If the supreme court does take it, yt would either plead guilty or not guilty. If he pleads not guilty, then there would be a trial with jurors selected among atlasian citizens.

If this isn't clear please let me know,

WJ
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2023, 04:41:10 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 04:52:00 PM by Devout Centrist »

If I may, I am rather curious about this pact or alliance between YT and other players. Do we have any information on those conversations?
The oath itself is referencing this proposed act introduced by YT, where elected politicians in the South have to swear their allegiance to God which is a violation of freedom of religion. The oath to the executive ("all who lead the southern nation") could result to a conflict of interest when someone swears allegiance to an individual rather than upholding the constitution and the law. The oath to uphold the laws and constitution of the Southern Nation would be a violation of the Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia pursuant to Article VIII of the Fifth Constitution, Section I which states that the Federal Constitution is the supreme law, and the executive and judicial officers of this government and of the several Regions shall be bound thereby.

Well, I was referring more to the pact that YT mentioned with you in his discord messages. It sounded a little strange and I was curious if he was throwing out wild accusations directed at you.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2023, 05:07:57 PM »

I would like to respond that I criminally charge Southern President Young Texan for acts of treason, specifically for rebellion as defined as the use of military forces to overthrow the Federal or any Regional government of Atlasia, and for his disregard for federal laws and the federal constitution as evidenced by his detailed and extensive long-term plans to install a Southern Rebellion by threatening to secede, threatening to use nukes, threatening to invade the North, eroding the democratic institutions of the South and pressuring multiple people, including elected politicians as well as the game moderators to get his way.

I would also like to criminally charge the people in the SEXIT chat which are Young Texan, Reagente, Fhtagn, Reactionary, RFayette, UlmerFudd, Listman38, Muaddib, TPH, and TheSaint250 for aiding a rebellion as defined in the Consolidated Criminal Justice Bill as the fully knowing and intentional direction of funds, military aid, or strategic advice to a person or group seeking to engage in rebellion.

The crimes were committed in the Republic of Atlasia, which consists and includes all of the following regions: South, Fremont, and Lincoln. In case of a formal indictment by the jury, I request that the people suspected to be part of the rebellion be ineligible to be part of the jury.

Additionally, I request immunity and protection for the key witness in this case, LouisvilleThunder, who also was part of the SEXIT chat".

Laki
Special Prosecutor of the Republic of Atlasia
Representative of the Legal Affairs of the Commonwealth of Fremont

ADDENDUM:

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2023, 05:09:20 PM »

Senator blackraisin,

I was going to deny laki's request against you representing Young Texan but I have a question before proceeding :

Why did you want the nukes to apparently buy nuclear weapons? Thank you for your answer

Self-defense against a hypothetical lawless and hostile power. If you will recall, last year the Southern Region was illegally invaded by a hostile nuclear power who threatened to initiate a nuclear first strike on civilian targets. This invasion involved the governments of Atlasia, Fremont, and Lincoln as well as a GM who intended to lowball Southern defense capabilities and highball fremont and Atlasian military capabilities. The Southern Region was at a well-documented risk of nuclear annihilation.

Even since the end of that invasion there have been continued militant threats aimed at the Southern Region, with the current President previously alluding to a military response to lawful secession discussion, a pending bill in the federal senate queue to amend the federal insurrection act to authorize domestic military deployments against lawful activity, and other threats and provocations against our legal sovereignty and the rights and lives of our people.

The South has since undertaken or considered many lawful actions to increase its defensive capabilities against hypothetical lawless militarism from outside nuclear-armed aggressors so as to not be as vulnerable as we were in 2022. Our defensive preparations have been enacted in accordance with law. Dozens of them. Openly. On the forum. As government policy.

Again, as we literally have been illegally invaded and threatened in recent memory by a lawless and militant government for doing lawful things, it would be negligent of the elected officials of the Southern Region to not have made at least some contingencies related to its defense should the spectre of nuclear armaggedon ever again return to finish the job.

I assure you the Southern Region is much better prepared now should unlawful militarists ever seek to subjugate and murder our people again.

I trust this answers your question.

Thank you.

- R, Southern Attorney General
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2023, 05:13:43 PM »

I would like to respond that I criminally charge Southern President Young Texan for acts of treason, specifically for rebellion as defined as the use of military forces to overthrow the Federal or any Regional government of Atlasia, and for his disregard for federal laws and the federal constitution as evidenced by his detailed and extensive long-term plans to install a Southern Rebellion by threatening to secede, threatening to use nukes, threatening to invade the North, eroding the democratic institutions of the South and pressuring multiple people, including elected politicians as well as the game moderators to get his way.

I would also like to criminally charge the people in the SEXIT chat which are Young Texan, Reagente, Fhtagn, Reactionary, RFayette, UlmerFudd, Listman38, Muaddib, TPH, and TheSaint250 for aiding a rebellion as defined in the Consolidated Criminal Justice Bill as the fully knowing and intentional direction of funds, military aid, or strategic advice to a person or group seeking to engage in rebellion.

The crimes were committed in the Republic of Atlasia, which consists and includes all of the following regions: South, Fremont, and Lincoln. In case of a formal indictment by the jury, I request that the people suspected to be part of the rebellion be ineligible to be part of the jury.

Additionally, I request immunity and protection for the key witness in this case, LouisvilleThunder, who also was part of the SEXIT chat".

Laki
Senator blackraisin,

Self-defense against a hypothetical lawless and hostile power. If you will recall, last year the Southern Region was illegally invaded by a hostile nuclear power who threatened to initiate a nuclear first strike on civilian targets. This invasion involved the governments of Atlasia, Fremont, and Lincoln as well as a GM who intended to lowball Southern defense capabilities and highball fremont and Atlasian military capabilities. The Southern Region was at a well-documented risk of nuclear annihilation.

Even since the end of that invasion there have been continued militant threats aimed at the Southern Region, with the current President previously alluding to a military response to lawful secession discussion, a pending bill in the federal senate queue to amend the federal insurrection act to authorize domestic military deployments against lawful activity, and other threats and provocations against our legal sovereignty and the rights and lives of our people.

The South has since undertaken or considered many lawful actions to increase its defensive capabilities against hypothetical lawless militarism from outside nuclear-armed aggressors so as to not be as vulnerable as we were in 2022. Our defensive preparations have been enacted in accordance with law. Dozens of them. Openly. On the forum. As government policy.

Again, as we literally have been illegally invaded and threatened in recent memory by a lawless and militant government for doing lawful things, it would be negligent of the elected officials of the Southern Region to not have made at least some contingencies related to its defense should the spectre of nuclear armaggedon ever again return to finish the job.

I assure you the Southern Region is much better prepared now should unlawful militarists ever seek to subjugate and murder our people again.

I trust this answers your question.

Thank you.

ADDENDUM:

Senators laki and blackraisin,
This is acknowledged. Thank you for your answers we will go back to you

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2023, 05:15:17 PM »

In light of the presentment by prosecution that felony charges are being sought, the defendant moves to quash this case as no indictment has been made by a Grand Jury, as is required by Art. I, Sec. 11 of the Atlasian Constitution. The defendant has not waived such right and the failure to present an indictment first is a violation of the bill of rights.

Thank you.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2023, 05:17:44 PM »

In light of the presentment by prosecution that felony charges are being sought, the defendant moves to quash this case as no indictment has been made by a Grand Jury, as is required by Art. I, Sec. 11 of the Atlasian Constitution. The defendant has not waived such right and the failure to present an indictment first is a violation of the bill of rights.

Thank you.

Request acknowledged
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2023, 05:18:22 PM »

As the prosecutor in the case against the defendant, I am demanding that the defendant or his lawyers immediately disclose the entire content of the SEXIT (Southern Exit) chat to the Supreme Court and the prosecutors, which contains crucial evidence necessary to prove the defendants guilt in the charges brought against the defendant.

Defense counsel will provide the prosecution with any relevant evidence once we are informed of the following items:

1. A formal presentment of the specific criminal charges to which the defendant is facing in this trial, as is required under Art. I, Sec. 10 of the Atlasian Constitution.

2. A declaration by prosecution as to the Region in which such crimes were alleged to occur, as is required to determine venue under Art. I, Sec. 10 of the Atlasian Constitution.

3. A formal indictment from a Grand Jury against the defendant for any alleged crime that is a felony, as is required under Art. I, Sec. 11 of the Atlasian Constitution.

Having provided the defense council of the information requested, I must request total disclosure of all evidence that pertains to this case, including any evidence that may be in your possession that supports the charges brought against you and your cliënts.

I would like to remind you that under the doctrine of discovery, the prosecution has a right to inspect and copy all evidence that is material to the case. Therefore, I request that you disclose all evidence as soon as possible. Additionally, I believe it is within the court's jurisdiction to determine what evidence is considered relevant and material to the case, and I trust the court will do so accordingly.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action being taken against both the defendants and his legal team, including the lawyers.

Furthermore, I would like to remind you that spoliation sanctions may be imposed if evidence is destroyed or tampered with. As a regional executive, the defendant has a responsibility to cooperate fully with the legal process and provide any evidence that is necessary for a fair trial.

Thank you for your cooperation.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2023, 07:27:12 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2023, 07:32:16 PM by Senator Laki »

Additionally,

I would like to respond that I want to criminally charge Young Texan, Reagente, Fhtagn, Reactionary, RFayette, UlmerFudd, Listman38, Muaddib, TPH, and TheSaint250 for secession as described in the Criminal Justice Act of 2016, which is a crime against the Republic of Atlasia.

(f) Secession. This shall be defined as the declaration or threatened declaration of independence from the Republic of Atlasia by any territorial entity within the bounds of the Republic of Atlasia or by any group of persons within the bounds of the Republic of Atlasia, except according to the provisions set forth in the Constitution thereof.

In case the defence would argue that secession happened according to law as set forth in the provisions in the Constitution thereof, after passage of the amendments below in january.

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS RESOLUTION

7. The South shall become sovereign after having made a formal offer to Atlasia for a new economic and political partnership.

I would like to respond that secession did not occur according to law as set forth in the provisions of the Constitution of Atlasia. While the South did pass an amendment with more than 3/4ths approval to become sovereign after making a formal offer to Atlasia for a new economic and political partnership, I do not consider the South to be sovereign as it did not make a formal offer to Atlasia for a new economic and political partnership, as stated in the Constitutional Amendments Resolution. In my view, an offer is only an offer if there is a recipient.

Given the amendment that passed in April, I do not believe that a formal offer was made and directed towards and with approval of the Republic of Atlasia. Therefore I consider the offer as not being made yet as of now and thus as not sovereign.

Furthermore, I would like to emphasize that secession and sovereignty are not the same. Even if the South were to become sovereign, it would still be illegal under the Criminal Justice Act of 2016 to declare or threaten independence from the Republic of Atlasia without following the provisions set forth in its Constitution.

Laki
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2023, 10:49:11 PM »

Having provided the defense council of the information requested, I must request total disclosure of all evidence that pertains to this case, including any evidence that may be in your possession that supports the charges brought against you and your cliënts.

I would like to remind you that under the doctrine of discovery, the prosecution has a right to inspect and copy all evidence that is material to the case. Therefore, I request that you disclose all evidence as soon as possible. Additionally, I believe it is within the court's jurisdiction to determine what evidence is considered relevant and material to the case, and I trust the court will do so accordingly.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action being taken against both the defendants and his legal team, including the lawyers.

Furthermore, I would like to remind you that spoliation sanctions may be imposed if evidence is destroyed or tampered with. As a regional executive, the defendant has a responsibility to cooperate fully with the legal process and provide any evidence that is necessary for a fair trial.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Counsel for the defense responds simply to remind the prosecution that discovery requests made by prosecution are governed by
Federal Rule of Evidence 16(b)
. Pursuant to such rule, the prosecution is not entitled to the discovery so requested and the defendant has not waived any of his due process rights. Accordingly, we object to the improper discovery request.

Thank you.

- R, Southern Attorney General/ CPU Blue Heart
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2023, 03:30:28 AM »

Dear Counsel for the Defense,

We must remind you that in light of an active security threat that endangers the Republic of Atlasia and the lives of its citizens, we believe that the information we have requested is essential to ensure the safety of the nation and its people. The evidence in question contains information that goes into detail about a planned insurrection, which we believe poses a significant threat to the stability and security of the Republic.

We also refer to United States v. Nixon (1974), which establishes that executive privilege cannot be used to withhold evidence that is "demonstrably relevant in a criminal trial." As this case involves the security and well-being of the nation and its citizens, we believe that the evidence in question is not only relevant but crucial to the case at hand. The defendants cannot use any privilege or immunity to withhold the evidence in question.

Therefore, we respectfully request that the court issue an order compelling the defendant to disclose the information we have requested. We also remind the defendants that failing to comply or destruction of the evidence would result in legal action being taken.

Lakigigar
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2023, 12:13:20 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Counsel for the defendant moves this court to instruct prosecution to cease harassing the defense with improper and unconstitutional demands.

Prosecution, without right, is harrassing the defendant with improper, overbroad discovery requests in an attempt to conduct a fishing expedition to justify this unsupported sham of a trial. Prosecution's request literally demands any and all incriminating evidence in possession of the defendant which is a gross violation of defendant's constititutional right against self-incrimination under Art. I, Sec. 9 of the Atlasian constitution. Were counsel for the defense to comply, defendant's rights would be fatally undermined and counsel would be guilty of ineffective assistance of counsel and the entire case involving such supposed evidence would result in a mistrial for violating the defendant's due process.

It is not the fault of the defendant that a politicized criminal trial was launched by the prosecution without adequate evidence to support the purported criminal charges. It is not the duty of defense counsel to provide incriminating evidence to the prosecution. That is why constitutionally a grand jury indictment is supposed to precede a criminal case, so that the grand jury can consider known evidence possessed by prosecution and determine if such evidence is sufficient to support a prosecution. Defense renews our objection to the lack of a grand jury indictment as required by Art. I, sec. 11 of the Atlasian constitution.

Should the prosecution continue this improper harrassment, we ask this court to impose monetary sanctions upon the special prosecutor consistent with law.

Thank you.

reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2023, 10:26:02 AM »

Additionally,

I would like to respond that I want to criminally charge Young Texan, Reagente, Fhtagn, Reactionary, RFayette, UlmerFudd, Listman38, Muaddib, TPH, and TheSaint250 for secession as described in the Criminal Justice Act of 2016, which is a crime against the Republic of Atlasia.

(f) Secession. This shall be defined as the declaration or threatened declaration of independence from the Republic of Atlasia by any territorial entity within the bounds of the Republic of Atlasia or by any group of persons within the bounds of the Republic of Atlasia, except according to the provisions set forth in the Constitution thereof.

In case the defence would argue that secession happened according to law as set forth in the provisions in the Constitution thereof, after passage of the amendments below in january.

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS RESOLUTION

7. The South shall become sovereign after having made a formal offer to Atlasia for a new economic and political partnership.

I would like to respond that secession did not occur according to law as set forth in the provisions of the Constitution of Atlasia. While the South did pass an amendment with more than 3/4ths approval to become sovereign after making a formal offer to Atlasia for a new economic and political partnership, I do not consider the South to be sovereign as it did not make a formal offer to Atlasia for a new economic and political partnership, as stated in the Constitutional Amendments Resolution. In my view, an offer is only an offer if there is a recipient.

Given the amendment that passed in April, I do not believe that a formal offer was made and directed towards and with approval of the Republic of Atlasia. Therefore I consider the offer as not being made yet as of now and thus as not sovereign.

Furthermore, I would like to emphasize that secession and sovereignty are not the same. Even if the South were to become sovereign, it would still be illegal under the Criminal Justice Act of 2016 to declare or threaten independence from the Republic of Atlasia without following the provisions set forth in its Constitution.

Laki

I ask the prosecution to confirm his post that all requested discovery has been provided like he says here (or if he has additional materials exhibits he plans to admit) so that we can begin preparing objections to admission.

I additionally ask if the prosecution can confirm that only Southern citizens are being prosecuted for crimes that occurred while in the South. If the prosecution plans to non-Southerners or charge Southerners for crimes that occur outside the South, it may be necessary for separate legal representation given the different needs of the defendants
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2023, 11:18:23 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2023, 01:49:13 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

All discoveries have been provided, of course, if new discoveries arise i'll still bring them up. Secondly, i want to remind the court before objections are being taken place of Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act of 2016, Criminal Liability - part III

Section 4 (Criminal Liability)
iii. In cases in which it is certain that a criminal act has been committed by a member of a group of persons, but that it is not certain which of those persons has committed the criminal act, then it shall be possible to convict all said group of persons of the criminal charge in question, provided it can be demonstrated that there was no attempt by that group of persons to prevent the criminal act from taking place.

In cases in which it is certain that a criminal act has been committed by a member of a group of persons, but that it is not certain which of those persons has commited the criminal act, than it shall be possible to convict all said group of persons of the criminal charge in question, provided it can be demonstrated that there was no attempt by that group of persons to prevent the criminal act from taking place.

In this case, we know that the users in the SEXIT chat were conspiring to commit treason against the Republic of Atlasia, by either or both a rebellion, aiding a rebellion or secession efforts. And we know that there were no attempts by that group of persons to prevent the criminal act from taking place, with the exception of Senator LouisvilleThunder.

I additionally ask if the prosecution can confirm that only Southern citizens are being prosecuted for crimes that occurred while in the South. If the prosecution plans to non-Southerners or charge Southerners for crimes that occur outside the South, it may be necessary for separate legal representation given the different needs of the defendants

In Article V, Section 3.2, the Fifth Constitution states that if a crime is not commited within any region, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Senate may by law have directed. The prosecutor believes that the crimes took place in the Republic of Atlasia against the Republic of Atlasia, and not specified within any region.

Article V, Section 3.2

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury; and such trial shall be held in the Region where the said crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any Region, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Senate may by law have directed.

Lakigigar

Edit: I have edited the comment to remove the reference to the "images" as well as the link to the "Facebook chat". Please, I ask everyone to remember that however heated and wild Atlasia might get, you all still bound by the rules of the forum and we have rules against this for a reason.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2023, 12:10:27 PM »

Art. V, Sec. 3(2) of the Atlasian constitution requires the trial of all crimes to be held in the Region where the crime is alleged to have been committed. Counsel for the defense would like to point out for the record that only Southern citizens are being prosecuted for alleged crimes in this case, and prosecution has not alleged any criminal act to have occurred in any Region other than the South. Pursuant to the Constitution and Rule 18 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, venue for any trial that may result from this is indisputably in the Southern Region.

Thank you.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2023, 12:37:22 PM »

Amicus Brief:

Private Facebook messages should not be allowed to be taken into consideration here and should not be considered part of the game . I ask for the court to not only throw out such evidence out but make it clear that messages/posts outside of Atlas and Discord never be admissible in any future case .

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2023, 12:42:17 PM »

Objection to the amicus brief respondent from the prosecutor

First and most importantly, there is no such rule that private messages on Facebook should not be taken into consideration

Secondly, taken this into consideration would mean that all "conspiring" etc... in the future would move to Facebook, as messages outside Discord would not have to be taken into consideration for anything.

Thirdly, if you don't want private Facebook messages to be taken into consideration, than i'd simply suggest not to talk about Atlasia on Facebook. And secondly, not to leak Facebook messages to other users on Discord.

The solution can be very easy. If people suggest Facebook is not part of the game, than don't talk about the game on Facebook. It cannot be simplier than that.

Lakigigar
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2023, 12:51:18 PM »

Amicus Brief:

Private Facebook messages should not be allowed to be taken into consideration here and should not be considered part of the game . I ask for the court to not only throw out such evidence out but make it clear that messages/posts outside of Atlas and Discord never be admissible in any future case .

Not to mention he just said he was open to doxxing.

I never said that. That is a lie.

I removed profile photo's from Facebook to protect privacy of the users. There are no real life names involved in the leaked picture either. This is no doxxing.

Secondly, i want to note that given this is a private conversation between fhtagn and Mr. Reactionary that there is no way i could've gotten access to it, if neither one of those two leaked it somewhere theirselves or unless someone got access to their facebook accounts by hacking/knowing their password.

Laki
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2023, 01:04:04 PM »

Amicus Brief:

I removed profile photo's from Facebook to protect privacy of the users. There are no real life names involved in the leaked picture either. This is no doxxing.

Secondly, i want to note that given this is a private conversation between fhtagn and Mr. Reactionary that there is no way i could've gotten access to it, if neither one of those two leaked it somewhere theirselves or unless someone got access to their facebook accounts by hacking/knowing their password.

Laki

I contend purposely releasing names of individuals, those of whom have not consented to their names being shared, is doxxing. Private or public, you are still sharing it, they consented to you seeing it and no one else.

I object, no names of individuals were released at any time.

Laki
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2023, 01:16:16 PM »

Amicus Brief:

Laki

I contend purposely releasing names of individuals, those of whom have not consented to their names being shared, is doxxing. Private or public, you are still sharing it, they consented to you seeing it and no one else.

I object, no names of individuals were released at any time.

Laki

Object all you want, but that is how low you are going. I'd like it to be noted for the record, this very special prosecutor has not ruled out releasing names of individuals to parties that did not receive consent.

This is a slippery slope.

I repeat, no names of individuals have been released at any time, neither do I know any names of those individuals, neither will i ever release names of individuals under their consent.

Secondly, i suggest you to stop those accusations like these

given this is an example of perjury: lying while having taken an oath before a tribunal that anything you will say is the truth, and nothing else than the truth.

This is something i have never said, so unless you can proof i have said that, i will criminally charge YoungTexan for perjury which is a crime against Atlasia.

Section 2 (Crimes against Atlasia)
i. The following shall be crimes against Atlasia:
(i) Perjury. This offence shall be defined as "any person who takes an oath before a competent tribunal or officer that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, wilfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true."

Laki
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies