FT 27.7: NPC Auto-Elections Act.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:28:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 27.7: NPC Auto-Elections Act.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 27.7: NPC Auto-Elections Act.  (Read 355 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2023, 02:35:41 PM »

AN ACT
To establish automatic NPC elections

Be it enacted by the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the NPC Auto-Elections Act.

Section 2. NPC Election Calendar

1. All at-large NPC State Executive offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

2. All NPC State Legislative offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

3. All NPC local elected bodies and offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

Section 3. State Election Boundaries

1. At least once every five (5) years an Independent Redistricting Committee shall adopt maps of the approved State legislative districts for each State in the Commonwealth of Frémont.

2. Each district shall be closely equal in size based on the population of all voting age citizens in each district.

3. For purposes of calculating population, prisoners shall be counted as living at the place of imprisonment.

Section 4. Local Election Boundaries

1. At least once every five (5) years each State in the Commonwealth of Frémont shall adopt maps of the approved local wards, districts, or precincts for each locality therein.

2. Each ward, district, or precinct shall be closely equal in size based on the population of all voting age citizens in each district.

3. For purposes of calculating population, prisoners shall be counted as living at the place of imprisonment.

4. Parliament may override or determine any map adopted pursuant to this title.

Section 5. Formula

1. The results of NPC elections shall be determined by the First Minister according to the following formula:

A. In-game Party Registration of the State involved shall be 15% of the total outcome, unless no player shall be registered in the State in which case the weight of this factor shall be subsumed by subsection B below.

B. In-game Party Registration of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be 20% of the total outcome.

C. The average of the partisan vote of the last three (3) regularly conducted elections in the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be 55% of the total outcome.

D. All other relevant factors, including estimated turnout and eligibility shall be 10% of the total outcome.

E. Outcomes of real-life elections may not be considered.

Section 6. Appeals and Enactment

1. Any appeal arising under this act shall be exclusively appealable to the Frémont Supreme Court Justice.

2. Unless otherwise specified herein, this act shall take effect immediately.

Sponsor: Ishan

The First Minister is recognized.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 02:52:46 PM »

This is an act to ensure that NPC state governments have active state governments so that they can react to the actions of players. Obviously, Scott can elaborate more but that's why I sponsored the act.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 03:42:51 PM »

Thanks to Reactionary for inspiring the model for this and thanks to the First Minister for sponsoring this on my behalf.

NPC campaigns are sadly no longer in order, but this implements a system to automatically run elections unless and until the GM team signal its desire to bring back NPC campaigns (after which we can repeal this bill). This bill proposes a slightly modified formula the South has, which accounts for IRL presidential elections with Republicans as proxies for Feds/SNP and Democrats as proxies for Peace/Labor.

The framing also differs from the South in that it delegates election authority to the First Minister instead of the Attorney General, which I don't think(?) Frémont has.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 03:53:16 PM »

This bill proposes a slightly modified formula the South has, which accounts for IRL presidential elections with Republicans as proxies for Feds/SNP and Democrats as proxies for Peace/Labor.
Where does DA fit into this formula?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 03:56:45 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2023, 10:27:24 AM by I'm a Kennedy! I'm not accustomed to tragedy »

This bill proposes a slightly modified formula the South has, which accounts for IRL presidential elections with Republicans as proxies for Feds/SNP and Democrats as proxies for Peace/Labor.

I don't think they do in practice (personally I would say DA should favor Democrats under such a system) but that is reason enough to exclude RL elections from consideration.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 06:39:35 AM »

There are 0 DAs registered in the South.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »

There are 0 DAs registered in the South.

Who would have controlled South Carolina before WB left?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 11:57:07 AM »

Input from MPs would be appreciated.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 08:29:49 PM »

I'm not sure I have been active in the game when there were "NPC elections", so I'll come clean and say that I don't entirely understand what is being proposed, and would appreciate a bit more background on what this all means.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 08:44:01 PM »

I'm not sure I have been active in the game when there were "NPC elections", so I'll come clean and say that I don't entirely understand what is being proposed, and would appreciate a bit more background on what this all means.

We haven't done them since 2021 so I understand, but they were basically campaigns for every state where the GM (Lumine at the time) would judge each campaign post and rank them next to other factors such as voter registration. Basically, it was like an interactive timeline in a sense, and it made up for our real elections being decided mostly by zombie turnout instead of any real persuasion or campaigning effort.

It doesn't work unless there's a lot of activity and interest, which there simply isn't anymore and that is why they were discontinued. But they were a fun part of the game while they lasted and some campaigns were very heated (especially Utah, DA friends!). But the South runs auto-elections for their states now and I'd love for Fremont to do the same.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 03:07:45 PM »

I request a final vote.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 04:18:41 PM »

Motioning for a final vote.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 08:21:14 PM »

We haven't done them since 2021 so I understand, but they were basically campaigns for every state where the GM (Lumine at the time) would judge each campaign post and rank them next to other factors such as voter registration. Basically, it was like an interactive timeline in a sense, and it made up for our real elections being decided mostly by zombie turnout instead of any real persuasion or campaigning effort.

It doesn't work unless there's a lot of activity and interest, which there simply isn't anymore and that is why they were discontinued. But they were a fun part of the game while they lasted and some campaigns were very heated (especially Utah, DA friends!). But the South runs auto-elections for their states now and I'd love for Fremont to do the same.

Have any of the Southern NPC results been posted?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 08:46:50 PM »

Final vote started.

Aye
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2023, 09:00:44 PM »

Have any of the Southern NPC results been posted?

Not to my knowledge. They've got far bigger problems now anyway.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 09:55:22 PM »

Aye
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2023, 07:32:58 AM »

Aye
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 09:50:50 PM »

With three votes in favor - this act passes.

AN ACT
To establish automatic NPC elections

Be it enacted by the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Frémont assembled;

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the NPC Auto-Elections Act.

Section 2. NPC Election Calendar

1. All at-large NPC State Executive offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

2. All NPC State Legislative offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

3. All NPC local elected bodies and offices shall be for a term of one (1) year, to be conducted in June of each year.

Section 3. State Election Boundaries

1. At least once every five (5) years an Independent Redistricting Committee shall adopt maps of the approved State legislative districts for each State in the Commonwealth of Frémont.

2. Each district shall be closely equal in size based on the population of all voting age citizens in each district.

Section 4. Local Election Boundaries

1. At least once every five (5) years each State in the Commonwealth of Frémont shall adopt maps of the approved local wards, districts, or precincts for each locality therein.

2. Each ward, district, or precinct shall be closely equal in size based on the population of all voting age citizens in each district.

4. Parliament may override or determine any map adopted pursuant to this title.

Section 5. Formula

1. The results of NPC elections shall be determined by the First Minister according to the following formula:

A. In-game Party Registration of the State involved shall be 15% of the total outcome, unless no player shall be registered in the State in which case the weight of this factor shall be subsumed by subsection B below.

B. In-game Party Registration of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be 20% of the total outcome.

C. The average of the partisan vote of the last three (3) regularly conducted elections in the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be 55% of the total outcome.

D. All other relevant factors, including estimated turnout and eligibility shall be 10% of the total outcome.

E. Outcomes of real-life elections may not be considered.

Section 6. Appeals and Enactment

1. Any appeal arising under this act shall be exclusively appealable to the Frémont Supreme Court Justice.

2. Unless otherwise specified herein, this act shall take effect immediately.

x. Ishan, First Minister.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies