Three Days Away from a Constitutional Crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:37:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Three Days Away from a Constitutional Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Three Days Away from a Constitutional Crisis  (Read 2038 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2023, 01:12:26 AM »

Since I was mentioned here, I will just note my comment was made when I was not aware that TSA was also invalid and that would've changed the results, I retracted my comment after being notified of that. After being made aware of that I expressed support for seating OSR and all of the other duly elected members. This is all my fault for making comments without having the full facts and I apologize for that, but an ignorant comment is not proof of some broader plot.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2023, 01:23:37 AM »

I am not going to be bullied into backing down from the obvious statement that criminal activity will be met with criminal prosecutions.

Impeachment is not bombing Nashville. It is a punishment for a crime. You over reacted because I threatened your precious party's existence in such a scenario, though truth be told in such a scenario I would expect it to implode on its own. I mean that scenario would basically wreck the operation once all the criminal proceedings were concluded.

And if YT did that, "invade Nyman scenario", I would support criminal prosecution for insurrection.

Wrong again!

Besides the fact that there was no criminal activity or reasonable belief that such would occur, I reacted in this thread because I saw you trying to tell the Chief Justice how much you care about this court and its existence despite threatening to destroy it (by your own admission) because of a single public comment. If your "shot across the bow" due a single comment in Discord was justified, then me bringing up your single comment in Discord is no less valid, no?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2023, 01:28:29 AM »

Since I was mentioned here, I will just note my comment was made when I was not aware that TSA was also invalid and that would've changed the results, I retracted my comment after being notified of that. After being made aware of that I expressed support for seating OSR and all of the other duly elected members. This is all my fault for making comments without having the full facts and I apologize for that, but an ignorant comment is not proof of some broader plot.

I don't think it's your fault at all. Some people will latch onto anything as proof of whatever their paranoia or desires are, and use that to try to justify their own actions accordingly (especially after the fact).

If I bothered reading the cesspool that is Lokcord on a daily basis, I could probably find at least 3 random comments each week of equal or worse caliber aimed at us or the game at-large. Even though I've been aware of the secession crisis for months and tried to make people pay attention, I would never say "hey I'm going to destroy the South if they don't do as I demand" or whatever equivalent one prefers.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2023, 01:41:47 AM »

I am not going to be bullied into backing down from the obvious statement that criminal activity will be met with criminal prosecutions.

Impeachment is not bombing Nashville. It is a punishment for a crime. You over reacted because I threatened your precious party's existence in such a scenario, though truth be told in such a scenario I would expect it to implode on its own. I mean that scenario would basically wreck the operation once all the criminal proceedings were concluded.

And if YT did that, "invade Nyman scenario", I would support criminal prosecution for insurrection.

Wrong again!

Besides the fact that there was no criminal activity or reasonable belief that such would occur, I reacted in this thread because I saw you trying to tell the Chief Justice how much you care about this court and its existence despite threatening to destroy it (by your own admission) because of a single public comment. If your "shot across the bow" due a single comment in Discord was justified, then me bringing up your single comment in Discord is no less valid, no?

If that event happened, it would be the justices destroying the court and those seeking impeachment trying to save it. We are basically talking about a hypothetical in which Labor justices, the Labor administration and the Labor aligned SoFE conspired to steal an election for the candidate you voted for.

That is what was posited and that is what I threatened impeachment over. Completely justified.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2023, 01:50:16 AM »

Wrong again!

If that event happened, it would be the justices destroying the court and those seeking impeachment trying to save it. We are basically talking about a hypothetical in which Labor justices, the Labor administration and the Labor aligned SoFE conspired to steal an election for the candidate you voted for.

That is what was posited and that is what I threatened impeachment over. Completely justified.

Threatening impeachment over an “attempt” to steal an election that didn’t exist except in your own fantasies? Very disturbing statements to be making, especially from an elected official!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2023, 01:50:46 AM »

No this was particularly unjustified. We took the case and delivered in time. This is just part of an another tirade against the court for no reason. It's not our faulft if the defense doesn't show up.

I will break it down for your:

Stating the problem:
And there is little public indication of what is going on. Who has contacted who, what is being done about it and what the steps are being done to avert it.

Stating the Stakes:
The new congress is set to swear in on Friday at Noon, and for the first time in my memory, the entire At-large class won't be able to take their seats.

Establishing the Constitutional Concern:
The At-large are suppose to represent the people of the nation in the Senate and thus without them the "people at-large" are effectively being disenfranchised and deprived of their constitutional rights.

Summarizing the Case's deficiencies:
It would be one thing if things were proceeding apace and we had some idea of what is going on and how long the delay might be, but we don't.

More on the Case:
The court case has been completely one sided with the Plantiff and a litany of third party briefs as well.

Criticizing the DoFE For lack of response:
However, there has been nothing from the DoFE,

Criticizing the AG for lack of coordinating legal representation for a Gov't agency:
the Attorney General or any representative thereof,

My own criticism of the court:
no guidance from the court on how to resolve this matter in the absence of action on the part of the defendant.

Criticizing the President's lack of interest or involvement:
No public indication of any involvement or concern from the President that his government is about to stumble into a constitutional crisis, and thus no way to know what has been said or done on his part to try and ensure legal representation for the DoFE.

Addressing a potential excuse for innaction on the part of the President:
Sure we made DoFE constitutionally independent to prevent his firing by the President, but that does not preclude ensuring representation or action in a court case pertaining to an election and the communication necessary to carry it out to avert a disaster of this magnitude.

Establishing my Personal Standing and Vested Interest:
I voted for my damn Senators, I want them to represent me beginning Friday.

Demanding public Transparency:
The people deserve to know what the hell is going on. Not on discord, not in exclusive chat rooms and PMs, but here on the damn boards.

Just 7.051282% of my post in anyway referenced the actions of the court itself. Are you saying my statement of facts is wrong. Did the court publicly state anything between the missed deadline and the issuing of the verdict?

No, you did not. So may statement of facts is correct.

Establishing that, I demand that you provide evidence of this being an "unwarranted attack on the court, oh my!"
You threatened impeaching the whole bench if we didn't rule a particular way but yes I'm sure I'm overreacting!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2023, 01:52:59 AM »

I don't think it's your fault at all. Some people will latch onto anything as proof of whatever their paranoia or desires are, and use that to try to justify their own actions accordingly (especially after the fact).

If I bothered reading the cesspool that is Lokcord on a daily basis, I could probably find at least 3 random comments each week of equal or worse caliber aimed at us or the game at-large. Even though I've been aware of the secession crisis for months and tried to make people pay attention, I would never say "hey I'm going to destroy the South if they don't do as I demand" or whatever equivalent one prefers.

Its rather disturbing that you engage in tribal reductionism regarding what would be a defined criminal action in this manner, but that that is how you view the whole world "us versus them" and is rather Trumpist in this matter regarding to defined matters of law.

The secession crisis is a serious matter, but secession is sanctioned in the constitution for better or for worse.

The scenario S019 posited was that of a criminal conspiracy to defraud the people of their elected representatives and the appropriate response to that is criminal prosecution, if it were to happen. His history of affiliation with criminal conspiracies is also a relevant factor here.

The sad part is that the real concerns about transparency are going to get lost in the weeds because this Labor versus the world bs, and robotic urge to defend/attack/destroy.

I am not going to stop Adam. So I hope you are in for the long haul.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2023, 01:55:06 AM »

No this was particularly unjustified. We took the case and delivered in time. This is just part of an another tirade against the court for no reason. It's not our faulft if the defense doesn't show up.

Stating the problem:
And there is little public indication of what is going on. Who has contacted who, what is being done about it and what the steps are being done to avert it.

Stating the Stakes:
The new congress is set to swear in on Friday at Noon, and for the first time in my memory, the entire At-large class won't be able to take their seats.

The At-large are suppose to represent the people of the nation in the Senate and thus without them the "people at-large" are effectively being disenfranchised and deprived of their constitutional rights.

It would be one thing if things were proceeding apace and we had some idea of what is going on and how long the delay might be, but we don't.

More on the Case:
The court case has been completely one sided with the Plantiff and a litany of third party briefs as well.

Criticizing the AG for lack of coordinating legal representation for a Gov't agency:

no guidance from the court on how to resolve this matter in the absence of action on the part of the defendant.

No public indication of any involvement or concern from the President that his government is about to stumble into a constitutional crisis, and thus no way to know what has been said or done on his part to try and ensure legal representation for the DoFE.

Sure we made DoFE constitutionally independent to prevent his firing by the President, but that does not preclude ensuring representation or action in a court case pertaining to an election and the communication necessary to carry it out to avert a disaster of this magnitude.

The people deserve to know what the hell is going on. Not on discord, not in exclusive chat rooms and PMs, but here on the damn boards.

Just 7.051282% of my post in anyway referenced the actions of the court itself. Are you saying my statement of facts is wrong. Did the court publicly state anything between the missed deadline and the issuing of the verdict?

Establishing that, I demand that you provide evidence of this being an "unwarranted attack on the court, oh my!"
You threatened impeaching the whole bench if we didn't rule a particular way but yes I'm sure I'm overreacting!

I see you have received your official Labor carbon copied talking points right on schedule.

I threatened impeachment if you were involved in a criminal conspiracy to steal the election. A labor revenge scenario so to speak.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2023, 01:56:41 AM »

Wrong again!

Threatening impeachment over an “attempt” to steal an election that didn’t exist except in your own fantasies? Very disturbing statements to be making, especially from an elected official!

1. I am not an elected official.

2. As a co-conspirator in a very real conspiracy to steal an election, your presence is a vivid reminder and warning of what what left wing echo chambers and lack of accountability can produce.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2023, 01:58:05 AM »

Stating the problem:

Stating the Stakes:

More on the Case:

I see you have received your official Labor carbon copied talking points right on schedule.

I threatened impeachment if you were involved in a criminal conspiracy to steal the election. A labor revenge scenario so to speak.
Yankee I'm not going to escalate the point further but you know very much I never used the supreme court to favor my party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2023, 02:01:15 AM »

Hardly fantasies when the NSF is also shoving it in our faces with "finish the job". The real question is, why should people trust Labor or not be at least somewhat suspicious? What's to say the next Truman isn't Windjammer, or Sestak, or Pericles, or Adam?

And while we are on the subject of paranoia, I remember a certain Adam Griffin and a certain Windjammer lauding the benefits of such in this game.

News flash, we don't trust any of you and it is your fault that we don't. You earned every last bit of it last year.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2023, 02:06:07 AM »

Stating the problem:

Stating the Stakes:

More on the Case:

Yankee I'm not going to escalate the point further but you know very much I never used the supreme court to favor my party.

It shouldn't take knowing the Chief Justice for 10 years to have confidence in that fact. Your approach method and actions should vouch for that. What good does it do for me to "have blind faith in you", what matters is whether or not everyone else who hasn't been in this game ten years, has confidence enough to also know that you are not "favoring your party from the bench".

I am also once again required to say that I knew Truman for almost just as long and until April 2022, I would not have dreamed that he would do those kinds of things. He was bullied by the AtlasforumIRC types too and he basically became one of them.

I would tend to think you wouldn't do that, but then again if I was wrong about him...?

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2023, 02:12:11 AM »

Its rather disturbing that you engage in tribal reductionism regarding what would be a defined criminal action in this manner, but that that is how you view the whole world "us versus them" and is rather Trumpist in this matter regarding to defined matters of law.

Thankfully nobody committed any criminal actions here: the only ones that occurred were the potentially hypothetical ones that exist in your fantasies.

The secession crisis is a serious matter, but secession is sanctioned in the constitution for better or for worse.

It doesn't exist under the parameters through which this has transpired - or would you like to take this opportunity to explain to the public how YT and the broader SNP's actions are totally constitutional, valid and therefore no trial is needed? Please elaborate if so!

The scenario S019 posited was that of a criminal conspiracy to defraud the people of their elected representatives and the appropriate response to that is criminal prosecution, if it were to happen. His history of affiliation with criminal conspiracies is also a relevant factor here.

Perhaps I missed something. Of what crimes was he convicted?

...that all I had to do was share 3 lines of your public Discord commentary to send you into a ranting, raving frenzy after you threatened the court if they didn't rule the way you wanted & in the timespan you wanted, and then had the holier-than-thou attitude to say - with a straight face - that you're just looking out for the Justices now after they in fact did rule in the way and timespan you favored, despite constraints placed upon them that were out of their control. Or, what: did you expect Jambles to show up to the DoFE's house and drag him to court by the collar?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2023, 02:14:09 AM »

Wrong again!

2. As a co-conspirator in a very real conspiracy to steal an election, your presence is a vivid reminder and warning of what what left wing echo chambers and lack of accountability can produce.

That has very little to do with slandering the Court and  implying that they sought to steal an election…
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2023, 02:15:59 AM »

Hardly fantasies when the NSF is also shoving it in our faces with "finish the job". The real question is, why should people trust Labor or not be at least somewhat suspicious? What's to say the next Truman isn't Windjammer, or Sestak, or Pericles, or Adam?

And while we are on the subject of paranoia, I remember a certain Adam Griffin and a certain Windjammer lauding the benefits of such in this game.

News flash, we don't trust any of you and it is your fault that we don't. You earned every last bit of it last year.

But also on the what-if front: what if silver dollars suddenly start shooting out of my ass?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2023, 02:19:48 AM »

Of course, the NSF is an obvious meme party that boasts a mighty 3 members. Let’s not allow paranoia and hackery to blind us to reality.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2023, 02:20:52 AM »

Alright I'm glad everything is desescalating and we have Always been in good terms! I will make the following points :

1) the only critiscism that could be made is the fact we were not visible and WE are sorry for that. However we can guarantee you WE were heavily coordinating to make sure the ruling was going to be delivered on time and WE did it. There are some elements that can't be held against is, notably the fact that the defense wasn't showing up. But in the end WE did deliver in time.

2) Thank you very much for explaining your sentence on discord but you have to admit that until now I have never colluded with anyone else to stage a Truman coup or whatever . You know very Well that I have been dealing with various crap various plot to remove me from the bench so when I Saw this quote + your thread about the ten years sc attempt with "history repeats itself" i thought you had jumped on that mob bandwagon as well

3) the difference between Truman and I it is that I very much detest discord so no way I spend hours on it to have my Brain poisoned 😅  
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2023, 02:21:45 AM »

Thankfully nobody committed any criminal actions here: the only ones that occurred were the potentially hypothetical ones that exist in your fantasies.

Or exist the next time the Labor establishment is asleep at the wheel or someone in Labor goes rogue.

It doesn't exist under the parameters through which this has transpired - or would you like to take this opportunity to explain to the public how YT and the broader SNP's actions are totally constitutional, valid and therefore no trial is needed? Please elaborate if so!

Oh hell no, but if there is defined criminal activity along with or beside secession, that requires a criminal prosecution, not "bombing Nashville" as suggested as a legitimate response.

Perhaps I missed something. Of what crimes was he committed?

He was in Dengcord, he was appointed as a faux prosecutor by either Truman or WD and was involved in the publishing of lists of enemies and such forth. Supported the invasion of Kansas, supported the attempted theft of the election and the attempted hijacking of the Supreme Court etc etc.

...that all I had to do was share 3 lines of your public Discord commentary to send you into a ranting, raving frenzy after you threatened the court if they didn't rule the way you wanted & in the timespan you wanted, and then had the holier-than-thou attitude to say - with a straight face - that you're just looking out for the Justices now after they in fact did rule in the way and timespan you favored, despite constraints placed upon them that were out of their control. Or, what: did you expect Jambles to show up to the DoFE's house and drag him to court by the collar?

I am looking out for the court, not the individual justices. If the individual justices commit criminal activity, that is undermining the court and needs to be prosecuted and impeached.

I expected the court to establish public guidance in reaction to the failure of the DoFE or the DoFE's to meet the deadlines, something which Sestak even alluded to already as a possibility going forward.

The reaction from you Labor hacks has been "trust us, shut up and sit down". No we aren't going to.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2023, 02:23:19 AM »

But also on the what-if front: what if silver dollars suddenly start shooting out of my ass?

Labor hubris FTW!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2023, 02:27:03 AM »

Of course, the NSF is an obvious meme party that boasts a mighty 3 members. Let’s not allow paranoia and hackery to blind us to reality.

That's what Al's parties all were. Until he got appointed AG by a Labor administration and was allowed to support rebellions and launch false prosecutions. All his past actions were hand waved away in the confirmation hearing on similar grounds. "Just memes, just for fun, you are just paranoid."

When Labor starts downplaying this kind of thing, that's precisely when we should be getting worried.

The funny thing is, Windjammer would have agreed with me at the time. He thinks I have forgotten, it seems he has.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2023, 02:27:15 AM »

I am also once again required to say that I knew Truman for almost just as long and until April 2022, I would not have dreamed that he would do those kinds of things. He was bullied by the AtlasforumIRC types too and he basically became one of them.

He was also bullied and actually doxxed by your good friend LT in June 2021. In fact, I'll say that was a big turning point for him in terms of no longer giving a f[inks]k about much of anything or anybody in the game.

And to elaborate on such a point you brought up: why should any of us trust any of you? We're generally open about ourselves, our motives and our aspirations. Meanwhile, you keep a lot of algae on the underside of your ship, yet love to pretend it's not there!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2023, 02:28:37 AM »

Wrong again!

That has very little to do with slandering the Court and  implying that they sought to steal an election…

I didn't imply it, your former foot soldier in your criminal conspiracy did.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2023, 02:29:20 AM »

That's what Al's parties all were. Until he got appointed AG by a Labor administration and was allowed to support rebellions and launch false prosecutions. All his past actions were hand waved away in the confirmation hearing on similar grounds. "Just memes, just for fun, you are just paranoid."

And yet SNP has 6x the number of members and has actually engaged in criminal behavior - though I'm sure you won't admit they're 6x the threat!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2023, 02:34:03 AM »

He was also bullied and actually doxxed by your good friend LT in June 2021. In fact, I'll say that was a big turning point for him in terms of no longer giving a f[inks]k about much of anything or anybody in the game.

And to elaborate on such a point you brought up: why should any of us trust any of you? We're generally open about ourselves, our motives and our aspirations. Meanwhile, you keep a lot of algae on the underside of your ship, yet love to pretend it's not there!

We don't control the Supreme Court, the DoFE or the Presidency. We are not asking you to blindly trust us with the fate of the people's choice in our hands.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2023, 02:35:55 AM »

And yet SNP has 6x the number of members and has actually engaged in criminal behavior - though I'm sure you won't admit they're 6x the threat!

Funny thing is I had intended to make a series of posts about SNP tonight, but I was having far too much fun playing with you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies