Texas considering educating third graders in battlefield trauma care
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:19:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas considering educating third graders in battlefield trauma care
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas considering educating third graders in battlefield trauma care  (Read 270 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2023, 12:17:00 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 12:32:05 PM »

Let’s just have a compromise desensitization class. In this class, third graders will watch simulations of a variety of “traumatic” scenes of violence and sex (including lgbt ofc) and be asked to reflect upon their experiences. They will spend the rest of the year learning coping skills under guidance of state psychiatrists. The final exam will be a test where they are forced to watch a “worst of the dark web” compilation. Crying is permitted, but they must get through it.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 12:33:40 PM »

I can't stand the drama queens who threaten to leave the US over every election that doesn't go their way, but I have to say, this is the one issue that might force me to leave the country whenever I become a parent. If the nation's response to mass shootings is to put an armed guard and a trauma surgeon in every school then I'm done and will gladly leave the country and educate my kids somewhere else.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 12:36:00 PM »

I can't stand the drama queens who threaten to leave the US over every election that doesn't go their way, but I have to say, this is the one issue that might force me to leave the country whenever I become a parent. If the nation's response to mass shootings is to put an armed guard and a trauma surgeon in every school then I'm done and will gladly leave the country and educate my kids somewhere else.
Memes aside, armed guards makes perfect sense. We had a full police substation attached to my high school and it seems to have fettered what otherwise would be a prime target for a shooting (open campus, thousands of students)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 12:38:38 PM »

Memes aside, armed guards makes perfect sense. We had a full police substation attached to my high school and it seems to have fettered what otherwise would be a prime target for a shooting (open campus, thousands of students)

If America needs a small army stationed at every school to keep its kids from getting shot then this nation is doomed.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 12:51:26 PM »

Do they really expect school children to ever successfully use these techniques? Some first aid training in high school is reasonable, not as an answer to shootings but just as a regular life skill, but what are third graders supposed to do with this training?
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 12:53:42 PM »

Do they really expect school children to ever successfully use these techniques? Some first aid training in high school is reasonable, not as an answer to shootings but just as a regular life skill, but what are third graders supposed to do with this training?

This is clearly a Democratic messaging Bill. It has no GOP co sponsors.

Can this thread be renamed to note somehow that this bill is the legislative equivalent of internet trolling.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 12:57:45 PM »

Can this thread be renamed to note somehow that this bill is the legislative equivalent of internet trolling.
Really?
If so, then Ds deserve to hit with criticism. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 01:16:02 PM »

This is one of those bills that is more so about making a point than actually passing. Still, you can't really call it stupid and then oppose reasonable gun control. If you don't have gun control then the only protection against mass shootings is to implement measures of safe evacuation and first aid.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 01:27:46 PM »

Basic bleeding control through pressure and bandages is a good thing to teach third graders.  This looks like it goes beyond that it a way that may not be age appropriate, but probably fine for seventh-graders, which is the current law.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2023, 01:28:32 PM »

Really?
If so, then Ds deserve to hit with criticism. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Actually, this bill does a very good job at making a point
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 01:32:26 PM »

Really?

Unlike bills which propose arming the teachers.
Amirite?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2023, 01:34:46 PM »

Really?

Unlike bills which propose arming the teachers.
Amirite?
Silly bills from any and all sides are open to criticism, yes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies