Trump doing town hall on CNN on 5/10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:19:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump doing town hall on CNN on 5/10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump doing town hall on CNN on 5/10  (Read 1412 times)
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2023, 02:56:21 PM »

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »

This'll probably be pretty funny.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 03:02:47 PM »

This is surprising to me, considering Trump never takes questions anymore from unfavorable outlets or people to him. Granted it will be GOP primary voters, so I'm sure it will be many softballs, but the fact that he could be asked for the first time in 2 years by non-OANN/Fox/Newsmax about 1/6, election lies, etc. is pretty stunning.

However, all the same stunning wise that the man who tried to pull a coup on the U.S. is being treated like any other candidate and getting his own town hall. Normal countries don't do this.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 03:21:32 PM »

Oh my god, please let it be an absolute disaster.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 05:05:37 PM »

He's not gonna win
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 05:47:43 PM »

These cable news networks are all the same.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 06:07:23 PM »

These cable news networks are all the same.

I mean, wake me up when Trump does the MSNBC Town Hall.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 06:26:24 PM »

CNN is the enemy of the people.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2023, 06:28:00 PM »

This is surprising to me, considering Trump never takes questions anymore from unfavorable outlets or people to him. Granted it will be GOP primary voters, so I'm sure it will be many softballs, but the fact that he could be asked for the first time in 2 years by non-OANN/Fox/Newsmax about 1/6, election lies, etc. is pretty stunning.

However, all the same stunning wise that the man who tried to pull a coup on the U.S. is being treated like any other candidate and getting his own town hall. Normal countries don't do this.

The only way this would be good for ratings is if Trump melts down so I assume CNN is going to try and make that happen. They are really bad at everything they do so it's tough to say what will happen.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2023, 06:36:56 PM »

Please.

You just noticed?

IDK what you mean by "normal", but there are lots of countries where coups succeed.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2023, 07:53:36 PM »

It was going to happen.

Biden can't be available to do TV.

So that leaves only Trump ,DeSantis ,and Kennedy as the only ones who score double digits  that can go on TV.

You are going to see a lot of those 3 on the TV networks.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2023, 07:59:47 PM »

This is a bad idea. He must be deplatformed.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023, 08:21:22 PM »

If there's one thing CNN is for, it's high-quality... ratings.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2023, 08:21:47 PM »

If he's just riding high on ego, and we may actually get some ridiculous, revealing or horrifying answers. More likely, he's got a deal with CNN to feed him questions in advance.

My first thought. CNN shouldn't be allowed by the public to give a platform to someone who tried to seize power. They ought to be boycotted. Instead, they'll see a ratings bump.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2023, 08:23:19 PM »

That's the ideal outcome, but I can't bring myself to believe it's possible. Even if he spends the whole thing drooling and gibbering in tongues, it won't move his poll numbers or change the amount of attention he gets.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2023, 08:29:42 PM »

He was fantastic for their ratings so I am sadly unsurprised. They’d secretly love a second Trump term - and lot of people who hate him would, too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2023, 08:42:28 PM »

He was fantastic for their ratings so I am sadly unsurprised. They’d secretly love a second Trump term - and lot of people who hate him would, too.

Lol Trump isn't winning a second term Biden isn't losing WI, MI and PA how many times do we have to say rhis
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2023, 02:48:36 AM »

I remembered when Trump called CNN "Fake News"
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2023, 05:15:50 AM »

Good. Trump fighting with the media in 2015 is part of why he was so popular, he called them out to their faces.
Also it provides a contrast with DeSantis. Trump's not afraid of the left while DeSantis is.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2023, 05:29:30 AM »

I can imagine the following happening, that the CNN anchor will try to trip Trump up and Trump will just do "A rope a dope" let the CNN guy, let the person show himself to be a biased hack and Trump can say "I told you so?". Also Trump will ignore the anchor and tell the person to shut up, as the voter's only matter. Trump gets his headline and makes CNN like a buffoon. Then DeSantis will say the whole town hall was a farce and that Trump is desperate to get any kind of coverage.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2023, 10:51:34 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2023, 03:42:44 PM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

I can imagine the following happening, that the CNN anchor will try to trip Trump up and Trump will just do "A rope a dope" let the CNN guy, let the person show himself to be a biased hack and Trump can say "I told you so?". Also Trump will ignore the anchor and tell the person to shut up, as the voter's only matter. Trump gets his headline and makes CNN like a buffoon. Then DeSantis will say the whole town hall was a farce and that Trump is desperate to get any kind of coverage.
No, Trumper, it will go more like this:

Trump will do his usual insane ramblings. He will say something like "Evil Guatemalan cartels from CHIIIIIIINNNNNNAAAA!!!!!! are invading this country. Democrats and the fake news media like yourself don't want to do anything about it..."

Then, CNN will do an on-screen TV fact-check to Trump's false claim. The CNN anchor will try to push back but Trump will continue on with his nonsense.

Further, when the townhall is over, CNN will act perplexed about Trump's behavior as if they haven't seen Trump do the same thing for 8+ years.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2023, 03:27:59 PM »

LOL.
Who again is going to look like a "biased hack" and "a buffoon" ?
Talk about someone being a trump cult member (that has no sense of reality).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2023, 03:56:53 PM »

Trump is doing this so he can claim CNN had the greatest rates they've ever had due to his appearance. We should know how this all works by now.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2023, 01:15:03 PM »

I won't be able to watch. That's the day I'll be drying my hair.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2023, 06:38:08 PM »

I’m truly undecided if I really want to watch.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies