Status of NH and GA in the Democratic primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Status of NH and GA in the Democratic primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Status of NH and GA in the Democratic primaries  (Read 208 times)
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2023, 03:23:03 AM »

They have been punished by the DNC and were told to vote later, after SC and NV.

But their state laws say they are still FITN (first-in-the-nation).

If they are going to vote later, their state laws have to be changed and that's impossible because Republicans are in control of everything in NH and GA and won't change their dates to please the DNC.

And from what I've read, even many Democrats in NH oppose the DNC and Biden on this calender punishment and still prefer their FITN status.

So what will happen?

Are they getting punished with fewer delegates if they vote first again and Biden getting a bad result in NH? I could see Kennedy and Williamson doing reasonably well there, also in Iowa, but not in Georgia where black voters will put Biden on track again, like SC.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 06:11:20 PM »

Georgia isn't moving their date. Georgia will vote on Super Tuesday like always because the GA GOP has no incentive to break with the RNC to appease the DNC. It's stupid to even consider it.

NH will be the "first in the nation" Democratic contest because the NH GOP isn't gonna play ball and the RNC's fine with NH's spot. The question will be does Biden comply with the DNC and remove his name from the ballot in NH. I think it's possible he does...if only because there's gonna be a massive anti-Biden vote in NH just to punish the DNC for killing First in the Nation. I could see some insane stuff like Biden at only 60%.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies