Is Jesus Christ the son of God?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:52:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Jesus Christ the son of God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Is Jesus Christ the son of God?  (Read 2195 times)
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2023, 10:16:13 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2023, 10:42:12 PM »

My very wishy-washy/moderate hero/makes nobody happy answer that is still probably the closest to what I honestly believe is something along the lines of "Only as much as any good person could be considered a child of God."
LBJer
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2023, 11:05:20 PM »

Given that I'm an atheist (who is also Jewish), I could hardly have voted "yes" to this one.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2023, 07:10:02 AM »

I believe it.  And 2.4 billion people around the world do as well.    Christianity continues to grow worldwide--despite what this Forum thinks.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2023, 07:20:01 PM »

He's a Prophet and Pastor anyways and like the other Pastors and it's not for us to know but some Divine power is out there we don't come from nothing
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2023, 07:29:53 PM »

22 yes 22 no how do you like that
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2023, 10:21:45 AM »

Lol this meme doesn’t even follow the Boromir format
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2023, 10:32:47 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2023, 10:39:59 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

No one knows what Death is reincarnated or resurrection so it's interpretation is up to question no one has come back to tell us we died, but it's the mystery of Death that allows the religion to tell us there is another life

But there are good and evil forces called son God is judgement and Devil is free will that Lucifer, Loki depicted in Odin, always say GOD isn't real but there are good and evil forces

You need Divine power regardless of religion we all go thru obstacles because the only way not go thru obstacles is to be rich not just middle class, Moses, Christ and Buddha were poor monks of Frisrs or Pastors
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2023, 12:17:37 PM »

No one knows what Death is reincarnated or resurrection so it's interpretation is up to question no one has come back to tell us we died, but it's the mystery of Death that allows the religion to tell us there is another life

But there are good and evil forces called son God is judgement and Devil is free will that Lucifer, Loki depicted in Odin, always say GOD isn't real but there are good and evil forces

You need Divine power regardless of religion we all go thru obstacles because the only way not go thru obstacles is to be rich not just middle class, Moses, Christ and Buddha were poor monks of Frisrs or Pastors

A new OC quote about death instantly moves this from the bottom 5% of threads on Atlas to the top 5%.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2023, 09:24:21 AM »

I don't know.

I had a crazy thought last night (and I'm in no way suggesting I came up with it, I'm sure someone has thought of it before, but I don't recall ever reading it), but I'm having a hard time putting into words.

The impact the entity "Jesus Christ" has had on humanity is huge, probably larger than any other single entity.  If the entity wasn't the son of a god, it's actually more impressive that he's had such an impact on the planet.  If he is the son of the God (or a god), sure, of course he's going to have a huge impact on human civilization, but a regular jerk who just thought it would be a good idea to tell us to try being nice to each other sometimes?  Now that's impressive!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2023, 09:50:48 AM »

I don't know.

I had a crazy thought last night (and I'm in no way suggesting I came up with it, I'm sure someone has thought of it before, but I don't recall ever reading it), but I'm having a hard time putting into words.

The impact the entity "Jesus Christ" has had on humanity is huge, probably larger than any other single entity.  If the entity wasn't the son of a god, it's actually more impressive that he's had such an impact on the planet.  If he is the son of the God (or a god), sure, of course he's going to have a huge impact on human civilization, but a regular jerk who just thought it would be a good idea to tell us to try being nice to each other sometimes?  Now that's impressive!

Rumor has it that he had an effective salesman. Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2023, 09:53:48 AM »

I don't know.

are you thinking of Paul or Constantine?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2023, 10:00:45 AM »

I don't know.

are you thinking of Paul or Constantine?

Paul, but now that you mention it, Constantine financed the IPO.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2023, 10:30:15 AM »

I don't know.

A few salesmen, actually. It just so happened that St. Paul wrote more than the others.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2023, 05:07:30 PM »

Yes, Jesus is the Son of God- fully man and fully God.
Pink Panther

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2023, 10:21:47 PM »

Even though I admit my faith could be stronger, I still say yes.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2023, 11:19:00 PM »

One does not simply follow the Boromir format.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2023, 08:33:53 AM »

No question, Jesus is the son of God. Ricky Bobby says so.

Talladega Nights

Dear Tiny Baby Jesus

https://youtu.be/qYiWydDyMIE
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2023, 06:06:49 PM »

The Christ is the son of God
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2023, 06:12:46 PM »

No, unclear that he ever even existed at all
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2023, 06:39:39 PM »

LOL. That claim is New Atheist nonsense that's about as credible as the one that Shakespeare didn't author his plays.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2023, 07:21:47 PM »

LOL. That claim is New Atheist nonsense that's about as credible as the one that Shakespeare didn't author his plays.

I’m not an atheist, but thanks for playing Smiley
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2023, 07:42:13 PM »

Regardless, there's overwhelming scholarly consensus that Jesus was a historical figure, and if you're going to offhandedly challenge that, you're probably going to need a heapload of evidence if you want anyone to take you seriously.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2023, 08:17:55 PM »

Regardless, there's overwhelming scholarly consensus that Jesus was a historical figure, and if you're going to offhandedly challenge that, you're probably going to need a heapload of evidence if you want anyone to take you seriously.

(Semi-)serious request: is there a short and compelling summary of this evidence that I can read somewhere?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2023, 08:30:17 PM »

Literally just search “historical Jesus.” The idea that Jesus existed is accepted by nearly all historians, religious interpretations aside.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies