2024 Cook County, Illinois State's Attorney: Kim Foxx out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:14:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2024 Cook County, Illinois State's Attorney: Kim Foxx out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 Cook County, Illinois State's Attorney: Kim Foxx out  (Read 904 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2023, 04:16:59 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/cook-county-states-attorney-kim-foxx-third-term-2024/

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx announced Tuesday she won't be running for re-election next year.

"I am announcing today that, at the conclusion of my term in November of 2024, I will be stepping down as State's Attorney. I will not be on next year's ballot by my choice," Foxx said during a City Club of Chicago luncheon. "I leave now with my head held high, with my heart full, knowing that better days are ahead."

Any of our Chicago-area posters have any ideas on who might run?
indietraveler

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 10:43:04 AM »

No idea who might run but good God I hope a practical democrat can be nominated here.

This is literally the only office I'd consider a republican for if they're actively anti-MAGA.

People loved to hate Lightfoot but I think Foxx is way more damaging to Chicago than any mayor would be.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 03:26:25 PM »

No idea who might run but good God I hope a practical democrat can be nominated here.

This is literally the only office I'd consider a republican for if they're actively anti-MAGA.

People loved to hate Lightfoot but I think Foxx is way more damaging to Chicago than any mayor would be.

Yup, and with Brandon Johnson as Mayor of Chicago, Cook County is going to need a sane Democrat as the County State's Attorney.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 04:52:40 PM »

Chesa Boudin should run Tongue
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 07:47:17 PM »

Yup, and with Brandon Johnson as Mayor of Chicago, Cook County is going to need a sane Democrat as the County State's Attorney.

I agree heartily here, but that won't help if the IL Supreme Court does not strike down the Democratic Legislature's "bail reforms".
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 11:13:40 PM »

Some random soft on crime black Democrat like Richard Boykin (Toni will bring him back into the fold).  The only thing that matters to the Cook County Democrats are which racial group gets which spot.  The blacks need this since they lost the Circuit Court Clerk seat and many are not happy about it.  Cook County is a sneak peak of future balkanized America.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 05:28:45 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2024, 09:18:50 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

Gonna bring this thread back from the dead for a major development.

The Democratic primary (de facto general election) was between Eileen O'Neill Burke, a former judge who was considered the tougher-on-crime candidate, and Clayton Harris III, a law professor who was the more progressive candidate.

After days of vote counting, The Associated Press has finally declared Burke the winner, marking the first major defeat of a progressive district attorney (or county state's attorney) candidate since the recall of Chesa Boudin.

It went down to the wire.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 12:46:02 AM »

Lol I actually took Clayton's class when I was in college. I learned a lot and enjoyed the class but he was definitely not shy about sharing his political views.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 02:51:04 AM »

Gonna bring this thread back from the dead for a major development.

The Democratic primary (de facto general election) was between Eileen O'Neill Burke, who was considered the tougher-on-crime candidate, and Clayton Harris III, the more progressive candidate.

After days of vote counting, The Associated Press has finally declared Burke the winner, marking the first major defeat of a progressive district attorney (or county state's attorney) candidate since the recall of Chesa Boudin, I believe.

It went down to the wire.

How much did her having held previous elected office help her win?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies