Describe a Bob Dole voter in the Bronx
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Bob Dole voter in the Bronx
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Bob Dole voter in the Bronx  (Read 661 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2023, 07:36:19 AM »

Bob Dole got 10.5% of the vote in the Bronx in 1996. Who was this 10.5%?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 07:00:02 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2023, 07:07:08 PM by Alcibiades »

There were then, and still are, a handful of “white ethnic” pockets left in the Bronx — Throgs Neck, Morris Park (Italians), and Woodlawn (Irish) — so probably voters from there. Also perhaps to a lesser extent some rich people in Riverdale.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 08:13:41 AM »

There were then, and still are, a handful of “white ethnic” pockets left in the Bronx — Throgs Neck, Morris Park (Italians), and Woodlawn (Irish) — so probably voters from there. Also perhaps to a lesser extent some rich people in Riverdale.

The Italian community there is one of the most culturally conservative in NYC.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 11:40:14 AM »

A Black or Latino Republican in the Bronx who liked Jack Kemp's inclusive conservative politics......a Giuliani/Pataki type voter.
Republican Party Stalwart
Stalwart_Grantist
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 05:43:35 PM »

Can you provide a specific source. (I don't doubt you; I just would be interested to read about this if possible b/c I'm not from NYC and haven't been there enough to understand this anecdotally).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2023, 06:33:52 PM »

Can you provide a specific source. (I don't doubt you; I just would be interested to read about this if possible b/c I'm not from NYC and haven't been there enough to understand this anecdotally).

I'm from Long Island and I worked in NYC in my younger days.  I've been to NYC hundreds of times, all 5 boroughs.  The Morris Park neighborhood  is one that I knew people from there in college.  The entirety of Throgs Neck and Morris Park is about half Hispanic now, but the Italian neighborhoods in Morris Park remain cohesive and conservative. 
Republican Party Stalwart
Stalwart_Grantist
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 06:41:42 PM »

I'm from Long Island and I worked in NYC in my younger days.  I've been to NYC hundreds of times, all 5 boroughs.  The Morris Park neighborhood  is one that I knew people from there in college.  The entirety of Throgs Neck and Morris Park is about half Hispanic now, but the Italian neighborhoods in Morris Park remain cohesive and conservative. 

Thanks
Yu748Girl83
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 09:26:01 AM »

A Republican from the Bronx.  Sunglasses
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies