RNC video response to Biden's announcement is.... 100% AI-generated
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:47:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  RNC video response to Biden's announcement is.... 100% AI-generated
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RNC video response to Biden's announcement is.... 100% AI-generated  (Read 496 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2023, 08:30:49 AM »

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 08:37:09 AM »

2024 will be the first full Digital campaign.

2020 was just a test drive. Whoever, could harness AI, Social Media, to the max... will have a chance at winning.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 08:40:17 AM »

This is absolutely bizarre and anyone who is even slightly inclined to believe that America itself would crumble if Biden is re-elected was not going to be persuaded to begin with. I'm also very unsettled by the idea of AI-generated "what if?" ads.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 09:21:48 AM »

This is absolutely bizarre and anyone who is even slightly inclined to believe that America itself would crumble if Biden is re-elected was not going to be persuaded to begin with. I'm also very unsettled by the idea of AI-generated "what if?" ads.

I don't think the "what if?" ads are going to be compelling. Even though Americans are very dumb and love to believe fake things, they want to believe fake things that are actually marketed to them as true. I think people will be uninterested in AI's rendition of what America will look like 4 years from now. Just like they were never particularly interested in artists' renditions of what America would look like if the other guy won.

As another poster mentioned, I'm worried about all the fake news that people can use AI can create. We're very close to the point where AI can generate or convincingly alter audio and video to be very convincing. Obviously both sides can do it, but conservatives tend to have more fantastical delusions so their AI-generated scandals will probably be a lot more disturbing and violent. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 09:23:50 AM »

It's also weird to show what "4 more years of Joe Biden will look like!!!!" when he's been in office now for a few years and it.... doesn't look like that
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 09:33:37 AM »

It's also weird to show what "4 more years of Joe Biden will look like!!!!" when he's been in office now for a few years and it.... doesn't look like that

Yeah but just give it a few more years
indietraveler

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 04:42:52 PM »

This narrative was pushed with Obama too and it didn't work.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 04:46:49 PM »

The AI-generated "scandals" will be worse.

Fabricated audio and video are going to become the norm, I fear.
And since no one would be able to know the difference from the real thing, even real ones will be dismissed as fake.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 04:50:51 PM »

Call me crazy, call me addicted to my very own product, but...

I could imagine a world where random Twitter users use ChatGPT to create convincing false allegations against many candidates. A Senator's campaign, for instance, could be instantly derailed by one false murder allegation created by some rando with access to ChatGPT.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023, 04:54:17 PM »

Given how 2016 turned out, clearly it did.  If it didn't, Hillary ought to have Bush Sr'd through to victory.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2023, 04:58:59 PM »

Remember in 2020 Trump ran ads of footage warning what Biden's America would be like - except, the footage from that year and depicted America as it currently was, under Trump

When you lie in such an obvious way, it just draws attention to the fact that you're lying and makes you look so much worse than if you had done nothing. Pretty easy to imagine someone not super tuned into the news seeing this ad and thinking "wow, can't be any real problems with Biden if they admit they have to make stuff up"
indietraveler

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2023, 05:01:54 PM »

Given how 2016 turned out, clearly it did.  If it didn't, Hillary ought to have Bush Sr'd through to victory.

I'm talking about Obama's re-election. There was even some documentary that was released about Obama's world in 2016 or something.

Hillary was a flawed candidate, some of her own doing and some not.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies