Maximizing CDs' white VAP% + Biden % vote by state and nationally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:41:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Maximizing CDs' white VAP% + Biden % vote by state and nationally
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maximizing CDs' white VAP% + Biden % vote by state and nationally  (Read 606 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2023, 04:58:09 PM »

In the thread for 2008, super white areas tended to win, but such areas have trended right so the maps today may be less white and more urban. Not only was VT-AL the highest white Obama actual CD, but it appeared to be the most white + Obama CD that could possibly be drawn (though at the time CA did not have precinct data so potentially a Bay Area CD could be drawn with the white + Obama above VT-AL, especially if abusing water contiguity).

I have a map for NC entirely in the Triangle of 70.1% white VAP % + 68.9% Biden, for 139%. (One could probably get slightly higher going from the Triangle thru the Triad thru Watauga to Buncombe) I'll post it if someone could let me know how to share or link it. The top five actual CDs are:

VT-AL 156.5%
WI-2 152.0%
ME-1 151.0%
NY-12 150.9%
WA-7 150.8%
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 09:08:51 PM »

Surprising this thread has no replies (though lots of views). I made a CD in Minnesota almost entirely in Hennepin/Ramsey (with a small part in Dakota County) which is a point more white/Bidenish than Vermont.

Anyone want to take a stab at other states?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 09:51:36 PM »

I imagine the areas where you will be able to get the highest are "liberal white" cities like Portland, Washington, Minneapolis, Denver, and Madison as you already stated, as well as generally the northeast and maybe smtg in NYC.

I will try and experiment myself. My initial guess is highest possible nationally might be smtg Seattle based.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 06:42:16 PM »

Surprised this thread has not gotten much attention, whereas the thread for 2008 results did. I got a 161.0 for Washington state going from Bellingham, through San Juan Island, Seattle and some suburbs, and to Tacoma and Olympia. I would post it if someone would let me know how to do so. I suppose there's a chance one could get higher in the Bay Area, NYC, Mass. I already tried Minn. and Wisc. Anyone want to try the others?
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 01:08:54 AM »

Maps created via Dave's Redistricting App can be easily shared using the DRA website. If you made the map yourself for reasons I can only dread to imagine, you can find an image-hosting website on which to host it. I'm afraid I can't help you with anywhere else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies